Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 10:59 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Well, they are not. I take it you do not have an answer.

RUN, the Yemenis are invading .

Yemeni Navy:
LMAO...too funny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2015, 11:07 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,108,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
It's pretty easy. I've never slept better.

Try it sometime. Not giving a damn is a lot less stressful.
Good for you. I don't "stress" over it, I just don't understand it. It doesn't keep me awake at night nor do I dwell on it.

I don't think there is ANYTHING, and I mean ANYTHING, that would cause you to lose sleep. Not everyone is like you.

Old 03-23-2015, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple8s View Post
Good for you. I don't "stress" over it, I just don't understand it. It doesn't keep me awake at night nor do I dwell on it.

I don't think there is ANYTHING, and I mean ANYTHING, that would cause you to lose sleep. Not everyone is like you.
Yeah, well...you might have a point there. A good night's sleep is more important than some folks on the other side of the world that don't affect my life one way or another.

Old 03-23-2015, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckInPortland View Post
The first successful Arab Spring protests were actually in Tunisia, Egypt followed after that.

So according to your theory, Obama planned and orchestrated the entire protest movement in Egypt(because of course half-a-million Egyptian youths weren't unhappy with Mubarak already, it would take US agents to get them out of bed for a protest)--and the end goal was for Morsi to gain power in a election. But then many of the same protesters who were protesting Mubarak(only because of a western plan) then protested against Morsi two years later, before the military stepped in with a coup d'etat, which foiled Obama's plans. Is that the gist of the theory?

If the Obama Administration really wanted to overthrow Mubarak they could have just made a deal with the Egyptian military--that's who really calls the shots in Egypt--that's who took power when Mubarak resigned and who removed Morsi eventually. Why waste time trying to get millions to protest in the streets and then hold an election?

The Arab Spring was inevitable, any place you have long standing dictatorships and large growing populations with weak economic futures, you're going to have the risk of people uprising. The Obama Administration basically latched on to the uprisings when they looked like they'd win. Afterwards the State Department wanted to keep this idea that they were supporting democracy in the region, though that left them with having to hold back on supporting Sissi when he took power through a coup. It's more cynical and reactionary in reality though it seems like they didn't really know what they were getting into when they figured Mubarak was done for and democracy might follow or when they supported the Libyan rebels, without figuring what would replace Qaddafi.

Part of the conspiracy theories related to it seem to a kind of American bigotry that of course Arabs are too stupid too rise up themselves, it had to be orchestrated by some Western power. Even if there was Western governments backing the movements, it was still the populace that was angry enough after years of dictatorships that rose up themselves.
So what I posted was "theory" yet what you posted are "facts"? LOL The only thing you go right was Tunsia was the first Arab Spring, followed by Yemen, EGYPT, Syria and Morocco.

Quote:
If the Obama Administration really wanted to overthrow Mubarak they could have just made a deal with the Egyptian military.
Obama had a deal with Morsi/the MB. Morsi told Obama everything he wanted to hear and pulled Obama's strings to gain power. You don't know much about el-Sisi do you?

Where did you get YOUR facts from? Have you ever met any of the Egyptians that were "organizers" of the Egyptian Arab Spring or were close to the top organizers? Do you know people who were actually there? Do you believe that you have ALL the facts and been given all the facts by the media and the US government?? If you can answer yes to one of those questions, then we can continue this discussion. Other wise your "facts" are nothing but "theories" on your part, and weak ones at that.

Old 03-23-2015, 11:39 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,047,114 times
Awesome success story!

Old 03-23-2015, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
This is a very strange thread - it appears that nobody is really aware that the US Embassy was closed a couple of weeks ago and that the "troops" that just left were Special Forces that have been providing important INTEL on the Base of Operations in Yemen that is the Bomb Making Capitol of the World.

...................our Fearless Leader stood before the US Nation and the World and called Yemen an example of his "Smart Power".
Err, because no one mentioned it doesn't mean that they are unaware of it.

As for Obama's example of Yemen/"Smart Power", maybe he was referring to something else that is on his personal agenda??

Old 03-23-2015, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Yeah, well...you might have a point there. A good night's sleep is more important than some folks on the other side of the world that don't affect my life one way or another.
I wasn't exactly referring to things happening on the other side of the world. I said "anything". Anything can happen anywhere. I guess I should have said anything and/or anyone - wherever and whoever that might be.

Old 03-23-2015, 11:52 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,741,790 times
Quote:
Unfortunately.
Well the troops needed to be evacuated somewhere and flying over water is safer (and politically better) than moving them directly to another country.

Old 03-23-2015, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Well the troops needed to be evacuated somewhere and flying over water is safer (and politically better) than moving them directly to another country.
Absolutely. No arguments there.

Old 03-23-2015, 11:53 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
You are 100% right..it's not our problem but decades ago we made it our problem.

The US has a long sordid history of interfering in countries.
And none of the stories had a happy ending.
Every country we've interfered with is worse off today than before we stuck our noses in it.
And it has not mattered who sat the oval or held the majority.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies