Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 02:58 PM

1,069 posts, read 1,048,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
And I don't want a single penny of mine to go to you. Stay off MY interstate! That's MY money. LOL. You're a hoot.

I don't think you're getting my point. I'm saying the first lady doesn't need to be shelling out OUR money so she can have "helpers". Roads are necessary it's one of the few things I don't mind my tax dollars goin towards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2015, 03:10 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
In the Reagan Administration that was a Cabinet-level position.

yep and ok'ed by a democrat congress.

Old 03-24-2015, 06:26 PM

45,230 posts, read 26,450,499 times
I dont care what any first lady does, just so long as they do it on their dime.
Michelle Obama produces nothing of value (neither does her husband, but thats been covered in countless other threads).

Old 03-24-2015, 06:32 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Michelle Obama produces nothing of value (neither does her husband, but thats been covered in countless other threads).
Well write your Congressman because that is just how it has always been regardless of who is president.

Old 03-24-2015, 07:41 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
What have other First Ladies produced of value? "Just say no"? $200,000+ for new White House china?

Did you rail against them as well, or have you just singled out this particular First Lady?

Old 03-24-2015, 08:03 PM

3,555 posts, read 4,096,480 times
Look, another OP just blantantly lying. Color me shocked. Not that this forum will really do anything about it.

Old 03-26-2015, 08:11 AM

1,110 posts, read 672,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Sounds bogus.

And six years out of date.

That's all.

Carry on.

You're correct. Six years out of date? No doubt they've all gotten substantial raises since...

Carry on

Old 03-26-2015, 08:24 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
The 1st spouse should not have a staff for anything.

They should be beside POTUS to nod in agreement with what is said and nothing more.

1st spouses are not elected and therefore are not deserving of any taxpayer money for anything.

No matter which side of aisle you sit.

Old 03-26-2015, 08:42 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The size of the First Lady's staff has been debated for decades. Seems 22-24 has been the norm for decades.

Reports vary depending on the angle of the story, job title, physical location and so on.

There were reports about Nancy Reagan that included the entire domestic staff of the White House and the permanent staff at their ranch where Reagan conducted business most of the time.

Numbers also vary by the number physically located in the East Wing versus elsewhere in and outside the White House.

Tina Tchen , a former partner at a law firm, serves as Assistant to POTUS, Chief of Staff to the First Lady and Executive Director of White House Council on Women and Girls ( whatever that is). Easy enough to count this White House staffer 3x.
I don't care if it's a D or and R, that staff needs cut PERIOD.

This p*** me off. Americans bust their asses to support their families and it would help them tremendously to keep more of the money they earn but politicians are always complaining they need us to pay more taxes. This is just wrong, very very very wrong.

Old 03-26-2015, 09:22 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I don't care if it's a D or and R, that staff needs cut PERIOD.

This p*** me off. Americans bust their asses to support their families and it would help them tremendously to keep more of the money they earn but politicians are always complaining they need us to pay more taxes. This is just wrong, very very very wrong.
Alrighty then. Let me know of the next president wannabe who campaigns on cutting White House staff to the bone.

I prefer to focus on the big spends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies