Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 12:35 PM

549 posts, read 456,931 times

Advertisements

So, the American congress needs assistance from foreign intelligence services to get information about the actions of the American president. I guess this is the new meaning of the most transparent administration in history.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2015, 12:39 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,231,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You don't know anything about the deal.

United States' security is not at risk with a nuclear armed Iran. Iran poses no threat to us regardless.

What risk they pose to Israel is none of my concern. That's for Israel to figure out. I only care about the United States.
Normally, people could agree that a backward little country like Iran would pose no threat to the United States. But since we are talking about a country that is run by a Theocracy whose bats--t crazy beliefs include getting virgins for blowing up Jews and infidels? I think that has the potential for starting a world war.

Old 03-24-2015, 12:44 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoreJuice View Post
Obama's Administration has made it that support for Israel has not been unconditional. Since Israel has been left out of the Iran talks, Israel is spying to see the latest. Israel does not trust Obama.. I don't trust Obama.
They should be left out.

And Israel shouldn't trust Obama. I don't trust Israeli leadership either.
Who said that Congress is uninformed.

Old 03-24-2015, 12:45 PM

Quote:
United States' security is not at risk with a nuclear armed Iran. Iran poses no threat to us regardless.
Thank you for vividly illustrating the liberal cluelessness.

Old 03-24-2015, 12:46 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvega View Post
So, the American congress needs assistance from foreign intelligence services to get information about the actions of the American president. I guess this is the new meaning of the most transparent administration in history.
Congress already had the information. How else could they conclude that "its a very bad deal"? I do not believe the Congress asked a foreign nation to spy on the meetings. If they did, then we have a bigger problem than Israel simply looking for information.

Old 03-24-2015, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Congress already had the information. How else could they conclude that "its a very bad deal"? I do not believe the Congress asked a foreign nation to spy on the meetings. If they did, then we have a bigger problem than Israel simply looking for information.
Then what does this mean?

The US has accused Israel of spying on international negotiations over Iran’s nuclear programme and using the intelligence gathered to persuade Congress to undermine the talks.

Old 03-24-2015, 12:50 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
Normally, people could agree that a backward little country like Iran would pose no threat to the United States. But since we are talking about a country that is run by a Theocracy whose bats--t crazy beliefs include getting virgins for blowing up Jews and infidels? I think that has the potential for starting a world war.
If Iran wanted to start a world war, they could do it now.

Moreover, all nations where a majority of people believe believe in God can be classified as having bat**** crazy beliefs.

Believing that a man walked on water or brought a dead man back to life is just as nutty as believing in 72 virgins.

Old 03-24-2015, 12:52 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times
Quote:
Who said that Congress is uninformed.
Actually, you are raising an interesting question.

John Boehner has come out today and said he is not aware of any information being passed by the Israelis to Congress.

So, who was this information supposedly passed to? Or is Barack Obama lying about this, too?
Quote:
Boehner 'shocked' by Israel report

“I read that story this morning, and frankly, I was a bit shocked because there’s no information revealed to me whatsoever,” Boehner, a Republican from Ohio told reporters Tuesday morning. He added, “I was shocked by the fact that there were reports in this press article that information was being passed on from the Israelis to members of Congress. I’m not aware of that at all.”

Last edited by Spartacus713; 03-24-2015 at 01:08 PM..

Old 03-24-2015, 01:03 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvega View Post
Then what does this mean?
Can you answer my question?

How could the Congress determine it was a "very bad deal" if they had no idea what was in it?

Old 03-24-2015, 01:04 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,231,180 times
Quote:
If Iran wanted to start a world war, they could do it now.

Moreover, all nations where a majority of people believe believe in God can be classified as having bat**** crazy beliefs.

Believing that a man walked on water or brought a dead man back to life is just as nutty as believing in 72 virgins.
But this is 2015 and the followers of Christianity probably don't want to cut off your head or annihilate a country for a lack of belief in Jesus. The leaders of Iran do. If they want to start a war with Israel, fine. They have proven their ability to take care of themselves. Just don't allow Iran to have a weapon that puts everyone else at risk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies