Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 12:53 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,284,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Why am I not surprised that you would see a fetus quietly gestating in it's mother's womb as being equal to a terrorist who would be happy to immolate you.
I can't imagine what you brought your right-wing boogieman of terrorism into this for, or why. But I see you suffer from right-wing fear. Terrorism, oh noes! I hope a Republican becomes president soon so it can save me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2015, 12:57 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
What is it with Republican candidates that have been emerging that they need to draw such a hard line against abortion rights? In 2012 it was part of what cost Romney the election. He took a stand against a womans right to choose and suddenly he was launching a "War on Women" taking away their right to choose. I remember seeing women with slogans painted on their bellies "hands off my womb" etc..

Yesterday I heard a snippet from a Rep. candidate annoucing his running.
His 3 talking points:
Immigration. Good. We need to stem the tide at the border.
Obamacare. Good. we need to take another look at that.
Abortion. WHAT! NO NO NO

A conservative politician puts the fear into most women that they will repeal Roe V Wade. This is not in tune with the younger generation of voters and spells dome for a candidate in this day and age.

Why can't a politician be honest and if they are pro life than say so but don't put the fear into voters that if elected you will be coming after their reproductive rights. I can't think of a more terrible personal decision a woman has to face over an unplanned, unwanted pregnancy?? Gov. should stay out of it.

This is what I want to hear from a Candidate, "I am personally pro life but I believe in a womans right to choose and will uphold that Right."

To all the Conservative candidates do not torpedo your presidential run.
OMG, one candidate has taken a strong stand; He is known for being way to the right on social issues, but this doesn't mean all Republicans running share his view. As for Roe V Wade, if there was even a time an attempt to overturn it could have been made it was during Bush's administration. He is 100% pro life and the supreme court was and is conservative. Did you see any attempt made to change the law? Of course not. A candidate can be personally oppossed to something but not try and implement his/her views into the government. As for Romney and his stand; that had not a per cert to do with his defeat. There were enough other issues. Those who didn't support him because of abortion rights would not have supported him for any reason.

Old 03-24-2015, 01:01 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,269,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Romney lost because he was rudderless.

Romney lost because Obama offered more free stuff.

Old 03-24-2015, 01:04 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
no woman in america should be forced against her will to carry to term, labor, deliver, either raise or give up a child.
so does this mean you support 3rd trimester abortions just because mommy doesn't want a baby? If so, what is the difference between adorting a fetus that could survive easily today outside the womb and delivering the baby just to smother it or dump it in a dumpster. Isn't it murder either way?

Old 03-24-2015, 01:07 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,269,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
What is it with Republican candidates that have been emerging that they need to draw such a hard line against abortion rights? In 2012 it was part of what cost Romney the election. He took a stand against a womans right to choose and suddenly he was launching a "War on Women" taking away their right to choose. I remember seeing women with slogans painted on their bellies "hands off my womb" etc..

Yesterday I heard a snippet from a Rep. candidate annoucing his running.
His 3 talking points:
Immigration. Good. We need to stem the tide at the border.
Obamacare. Good. we need to take another look at that.
Abortion. WHAT! NO NO NO

A conservative politician puts the fear into most women that they will repeal Roe V Wade. This is not in tune with the younger generation of voters and spells dome for a candidate in this day and age.

Why can't a politician be honest and if they are pro life than say so but don't put the fear into voters that if elected you will be coming after their reproductive rights. I can't think of a more terrible personal decision a woman has to face over an unplanned, unwanted pregnancy?? Gov. should stay out of it.

This is what I want to hear from a Candidate, "I am personally pro life but I believe in a womans right to choose and will uphold that Right."

To all the Conservative candidates do not torpedo your presidential run.

1) Romney stand on abortion is the same as Reagan and both Bushes and all 3 won the W.H.

2) War on Women was a joke made up by democrats to fool low information voters....it worked.

3) the fact is NO president regardless of party or politics can ban abortion. They can express their feelings and opinion on the matter or limit tax payers funds for it but that's it.....for democrats to use it like it matters in a presidential election is insulting but I guess it works because you are drinking the kool aid.

so you think killing an unborn child on demand using tax payers dollars is a "right" and should never be up for debate?????.......is that how you want to handle this and how you vote?

Old 03-24-2015, 01:09 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
This is exactly why this issue is such a joke when espoused by right wingers. They only love the fetuses. Once it's born it is automatically reclassified as a "mooch, leech, or a taker" and whose mother is labeled a "breeder" by many on this very forum. They are loathe to allow support for the real live child all the while crying crocodile tears for the poor zygotes.
Read my previous posts. I support assistance programs and for the right of gay couples to marry and adopt.

Old 03-24-2015, 01:20 PM

186 posts, read 158,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Read my previous posts. I support assistance programs and for the right of gay couples to marry and adopt.

Old 03-24-2015, 01:21 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,870,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
so does this mean you support 3rd trimester abortions just because mommy doesn't want a baby? If so, what is the difference between adorting a fetus that could survive easily today outside the womb and delivering the baby just to smother it or dump it in a dumpster. Isn't it murder either way?
No one is getting third trimester abortions because "mommy doesn't want a baby." In the very, very rare instances of third trimester abortions it is usually due to the health of the mother or of the fetus.

But you already knew that. Talk about being disingenuous.

Old 03-24-2015, 01:23 PM

23,548 posts, read 17,223,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
not many people are so dumb they do not believe a fetus isn't human. abortion is not comparable to someone stomping the head of unwanted dogs. as to the op most all republicans put up for office are pro life, some of them would like to reverse the laws we have now.
If laws are reveresed by popular demand what's the problem?

Happens all the time.

Trend is away from abortion as a means of birth control.

If 'people' believe unborn humans are human and they find that laws that allow them to be killed to be acceptable, labeling them dumb is a so inappropriate. Savages is more like it. Especially when animals are getting more legal rights than developing humans.

So the basic question posed in the OP is why do you think killing people is wrong. To pose such a question defies the concept that human are a higher life form.

Old 03-24-2015, 01:26 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,416,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
Good for you, but as a man your opinion doesn't really matter now does it?

About as much as yours does on guns and scotch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies