Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 06:41 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,211,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Bowe Bergdahl to be charged with Desertion |Washington Post 3/25/15

There is supposed to be a Press Conference in about an hour - will the Obama Parrot Press even cover it? Remains to be seen. The WashPo article failed to mention that this slime deserter was traded for 5 Terrorist Generals when we supposedly (pre-Obama) don't negotiate with Terrorists.

He deserves to rot. Good men died looking for him and I can not believe that the US traded terrorists for his release. This has been suppressed for months - I'm sure TeamObama was trying to find a way out of it. I never had any doubt that he would eventually be charged. The Military is horribly demoralized - they had to charge him, even if President Stompy Foot said no ... which I'm sure he did.

and this son of a ***** president knew and released enemies

Old 03-26-2015, 06:57 AM

46,317 posts, read 27,139,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, thank goodness we have a constitution which guarantees a fair trial.

The partisan fringe wants him dead because they think it would score them a petty political point.
LOL...

He deserves what he gets, ask the 6 Soldiers who died trying to find him...

Repeat after me finn, bobbie get in on some of this also:

1st General Order
"I will guard everything within the limits of my post and quit my post only when properly relieved."

2nd General Order
"I will obey my special orders and perform all of my duties in a military manner."

3rd General Order
"I will report violations of my special orders, emergencies, and anything not covered in my instructions, to the commander of the relief."

I understand you have no clue what these general orders mean, because you have never been in a situation that these would ever be needed....so carry on with your nonsense!

Old 03-26-2015, 06:59 AM

57,338 posts, read 26,255,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
There were other prisoners that could have been released, right, since they are all going anyway, right.
All they needed was those 5

Quote:
No, not the media, his command, his cohorts, and many other people around him...
So they could have determined his guilt based on comments from the media and some soldiers, left him behind without hearing his side. You understand that some people make things up until they are put in court room.

Quote:
Not a wise choice, are those 5 back in action, or is Qatar actually holding their end of the deal?
One of them attempted to go back into action but they stopped him. Hundreds of detainees have been released at least we got something for these 5.

Quote:
Repeat after me goodnight:

1st General Order
"I will guard everything within the limits of my post and quit my post only when properly relieved."

2nd General Order
"I will obey my special orders and perform all of my duties in a military manner."

3rd General Order
"I will report violations of my special orders, emergencies, and anything not covered in my instructions, to the commander of the relief."
Any history of soldiers who violated those orders being judged without a military trial?

Quote:
I understand you have no clue what these general orders mean, because you have never been in a situation that these would ever be needed....so carry on with your nonsense!
Well you are wrong as usual.

Old 03-26-2015, 07:11 AM

46,317 posts, read 27,139,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
All they needed was those 5.
Why not ask for them all?

Quote:
So they could have determined his guilt based on comments from the media and some soldiers, left him behind without hearing his side. You understand that some people make things up until they are put in court room..
LOL...you have obviously never been in the military...

Quote:
One of them attempted to go back into action but they stopped him. Hundreds of detainees have been released at least we got something for these 5..
We got something alright....

Quote:
Any history of soldiers who violated those orders being judged without a military trial?.

People judge all the time without trial....go back and look at the martin case or more recently ferguson....

If I go to any of those threads, will I find your name and what will be your posts in those threads?

Quote:
Well you are wrong as usual.

Doubtful, not based off your comments....

Old 03-26-2015, 07:16 AM

1,160 posts, read 714,458 times
Quote:
Any history of soldiers who violated those orders being judged without a military trial?
Yes, thousands, if not hundreds of thousands during the course of history. I would bet there is a rather large majority in the military who would recommend he face trail for desertion.

Old 03-26-2015, 08:17 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,562,839 times
Default Bowe Bergdahl, once missing U.S. soldier, charged with desertion

If convicted, Bergdahl faces stiff sentencing.

Whatever he receives (short of death) won't satisfy those calling for his head.

Old 03-26-2015, 08:35 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,949,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post

If he is convicted, I think President Obama should also face charges.

President Obama released generals who can go back to the ME and recruit.

Is this why Americans are sending their sons and daughters far from home to a foreign land?

Old 03-26-2015, 08:40 AM

24,507 posts, read 17,260,237 times
He is facing some pretty serious charges and if found guilty he should face a firing squad. Good soldiers died looking for him and our President caved in to terrorists by releasing 5 of them back to the fight. How about the soldiers that died or were wounded in capturing them in the first place?
This whole deal was weak and a real sucka punch to the gut of our military.

Why do I have a feeling that his court marshal will be dragged out and if found guilty Obama will pardon him if and when he leaves office?

Old 03-26-2015, 08:46 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,240,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post

The honorably serving soldiers who died trying to save his worthless ass deserve something.

Should be charged with desertion in the face of the enemy.

Old 03-26-2015, 08:47 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,733,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
If he is convicted, I think President Obama should also face charges.

President Obama released generals who can go back to the ME and recruit.

Is this why Americans are sending their sons and daughters far from home to a foreign land?

And 3 of the 5 have already made contact with the Taliban. In a few weeks, all 5 will be free to return to terror, and we know at least 3 of them intend to do just that.

Two of the five were wanted by the UN for war crimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies