Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you racist?
Yes: Against black people 8 11.59%
Yes: Against White people 5 7.25%
Yes: Against Oriental people 1 1.45%
Yes: Against Arab/Middle Eastern People 1 1.45%
Yes: Against Others 5 7.25%
No 49 71.01%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 12:01 PM

194 posts, read 183,359 times

Advertisements

Hell yes I am! As long as its sexy black chicks!

Last edited by Marka; 03-28-2015 at 01:01 AM..

Old 03-26-2015, 12:02 PM

917 posts, read 1,386,153 times
Not going to lie I do have my moments but I'm not going to run off and join the KKK or anything. Havent had any issues with anyone except people of my own race (hispanics). Living in a border town, I've come across a lot of them who are rude, awful drivers, cut in line when you are shopping, just little annoyances. My friends who work in retail and in restaurants say some of them come across as 'they are superior" because they are over here helping the economy and we should cater to their every need (they come over here from Mexico)

Old 03-26-2015, 12:12 PM

15,896 posts, read 12,005,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingatlanta View Post
So a person is shady just because they wear baggy pants and listen to rap music. Based on his logic you are judging on much more than character.

No that would be your ASSumption! I will say this though.... when I DJ'd in the local clubs it was generally the saggy jeans wearin'... white tee wearin'.... idiots that were causing a bunch of the riff raft! Ever wonder why most clubs have dress codes restricting those things along with dew rags, and hoodies, and flat billed ball caps? Is everyone who wears baggy pants or listens to rap a shady person? No. Of course not. And you and I know it goes deeper than that. But you know what they say about first impressions. All that aside, I'm a pretty good judge of character, and tend to treat people on an individual level. But I can generally tell if I want to associate with a particular individual or not.

Old 03-26-2015, 12:27 PM

15,948 posts, read 12,315,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissapla12 View Post
Not going to lie I do have my moments but I'm not going to run off and join the KKK or anything. Havent had any issues with anyone except people of my own race (hispanics). Living in a border town, I've come across a lot of them who are rude, awful drivers, cut in line when you are shopping, just little annoyances. My friends who work in retail and in restaurants say some of them come across as 'they are superior" because they are over here helping the economy and we should cater to their every need (they come over here from Mexico)

Basically annoying people come in all skin colors... at least that's what I've come to see. There are some very polite, respectful blacks while there are some rude, crude as can be whites. It depends more on where they were raised than it does any genetic differences in the level of melanin in their skin.

Good parenting is everything. Raising a good valueset and teaching the importance of balancing work with play and making sure people don't grow up with 'entitlement syndrome' among other things... respect for others and simple common courtesy such as not texting during a movie or staying parked in the left lane going slow on the interstate.. you know basic common sense stuff that many seem to lack.

Old 03-26-2015, 12:29 PM

18,759 posts, read 11,815,133 times
Racist no. I have good friends of many colors. I do however have a problem with militant hate regardless of what color or culture it spans.

Old 03-26-2015, 12:31 PM

15,896 posts, read 12,005,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
Basically annoying people come in all skin colors... at least that's what I've come to see. There are some very polite, respectful blacks while there are some rude, crude as can be whites. It depends more on where they were raised than it does any genetic differences in the level of melanin in their skin.

Good parenting is everything. Raising a good valueset and teaching the importance of balancing work with play and making sure people don't grow up with 'entitlement syndrome' among other things... respect for others and simple common courtesy such as not texting during a movie or staying parked in the left lane going slow on the interstate.. you know basic common sense stuff that many seem to lack.

Exactly. But, some will still construe your comments as racist. You can't win with the race baiters!

Old 03-26-2015, 12:36 PM

2,223 posts, read 3,882,237 times
I have been known to have the occasional racist thought. So I marked one of the yes columns. I don't believe I have ever acted on one of those thoughts, nor do I EVER express them. Blatant racism in any form appalls me. For practical purposes I am not racist.

Old 03-26-2015, 12:50 PM

2,079 posts, read 3,212,472 times
racist jokes are funny though.....

I guess I am hitler

Old 03-26-2015, 12:50 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,145,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingatlanta View Post
So a person is shady just because they wear baggy pants and listen to rap music. Based on his logic you are judging on much more than character.
Glad somebody stood up for that one.

I listen to rap music (don't sag though), drink 40's (Old English is my fav) and smoke weed but I also run 3 businesses, help family, and do a hell of a lot for the community.

If I wore Polos, drank Budweiser and did coke would I then be accepted?? (Wall St.)

Old 03-26-2015, 12:53 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,569,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Glad somebody stood up for that one.

I listen to rap music (don't sag though), drink 40's (Old English is my fav) and smoke weed but I also run 3 businesses, help family, and do a hell of a lot for the community.

If I wore Polos, drank Budweiser and did coke would I then be accepted?? (Wall St.)
Do people still wear Polos?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.