Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you racist?
Yes: Against black people 8 11.59%
Yes: Against White people 5 7.25%
Yes: Against Oriental people 1 1.45%
Yes: Against Arab/Middle Eastern People 1 1.45%
Yes: Against Others 5 7.25%
No 49 71.01%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 01:31 PM

1,078 posts, read 1,416,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Just curious... Although I doubt most will answer honestly

No! most of us are human beings. I live my life by six core values, honesty is one. You have people who are monsters, no good.

Then you have people who are good decent carrying loving people.

Always remember young man, there are people out there around the world who don't give a rat's ass nor care what color you are.

Only that your an American..

And they will TRY to step on you like an ant because of this fact.

Be a leader, keep thinking about your people and how were all together.

End game.

Old 03-26-2015, 01:42 PM

36,588 posts, read 30,933,849 times
[quote=Leisesturm;38968926]
Wow.
Quote:
Not possible. Some thug is acting ill on the sidewalk, you are not going to make
me believe you give him the same polite smile and head nod that you give to the
smartly dressed Asian that you encounter next.
I'm not likely to run into an ill thug on the sidewalk but sure I probably wouldn't smile politely but that has nothing to do with his race.

Quote:
Before black athletes dominated basketball and football white men did pretty
well holding it down. Africans win marathons because they HAVE TO. If Bill
Rodgers entire village depended on him to bring Olympic Victory back to their
village so they could eat he would have won more marathons. As it was he won
plenty of them. Arnold Schwarzenegger remains one of the greatest bodybuilders
of all time and at 6'2" such a thing is nearly physically impossible. The black
men winning bodybuilding contests are under 5'10". You've been fed a whole lot
of circumstantial evidence that you accept at face value. Too bad. Not for you.
But for people like me.
Ok, chill. Just and observation lately as my gs has been boxing and I have noticed the black boxers look much more ripped than the white or Hispanic boxers.

Quote:
It is far more likely that someone like you will be in a position to offer
someone like me a job. And you won't. Not because I can't do it. But because you
think I can't. You aren't even going to give me a chance to fail. And then over
dinner when the topic turns to those people and why don't they ever do anything
else other than play basketball or football you won't even remember the 3
resumes you threw in the trash with the vaguely African American sounding
names..
I don't even know you but if I were ever in such a position I wouldn't give you a job because that big ol' chip on your shoulder would interfere with your job.

Old 03-26-2015, 01:46 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,691,855 times
It's a pointless poll. "Racist", "racism", etc have been overused so much in the last 10 years in the USA as to make it mostly meaningless now.

Ask 100 people what racism means to them. And if they answer at all, every single answer will be different.

Old 03-26-2015, 01:54 PM

17,287 posts, read 15,484,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
It's a pointless poll. "Racist", "racism", etc have been overused so much in the last 10 years in the USA as to make it mostly meaningless now.

Ask 100 people what racism means to them. And if they answer at all, every single answer will be different.
Interesting, and true. What does it mean to you?

Old 03-26-2015, 02:00 PM

1,496 posts, read 2,240,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
I'm a culturalist... I would rather not be around people who blast rap music, have their pants down to their knees.. I find these people have a tendency towards violence and also drug use (not that I support the war on drugs) compared to people who don't do these things. Whether their skin color is black or white doesn't really matter much to me... their behavior does...
I have a strict definition of racism: if you are panicked, disgusted or enraged at the thought of one of "our white women" (or pick your race) being impregnated by a man of another race, then the odds are good that you are a real, hardcore racist. The attitude towards race mixing, with the racist's own race providing the mother, is the tell.

Old 03-26-2015, 02:04 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,320,431 times
Eh, it's complicated. Having lived in racially mixed neighborhood and gone to racially mixed schools, I know that there's a lot more nuance to this issue than people from lily-white suburbs who love to scream RACIST!!! at people seem to think.

Old 03-26-2015, 02:08 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,691,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Interesting, and true. What does it mean to you?
An excuse to avoid being held responsible for one's own actions and state in life.

The USA is the most racially tolerant country on the planet, yet, there are many who would have you believe we are just a few minutes away from lynchings, forced segregation, and cross burnings. And it keeps on going because there are some who profit greatly by keeping that pot stirred up.

Old 03-26-2015, 02:17 PM

63 posts, read 67,313 times
I thought I once a racist chic till when I have needs the race I hate most (Muslim) is the one who gave his hand to help me... from then we became friend and we have more understanding, and I don't have hate on the religion anymore, although lot of bull**** murder from ISIS I still believe not all the same.

Old 03-26-2015, 02:20 PM

63 posts, read 67,313 times
and in my nearly 2 months job search, the people willing to share info and help you to find a job is the race that UNEXPECTED NICE! My heart from "fear" of them become respect! Skin's color can't concluded a person's attitude and behaviour... and yes, I am now in inter-marriage... going to have mixed bleed in our family in June, and I'm looking forward.

Old 03-26-2015, 02:33 PM

15,896 posts, read 12,004,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Glad somebody stood up for that one.

I listen to rap music (don't sag though), drink 40's (Old English is my fav) and smoke weed but I also run 3 businesses, help family, and do a hell of a lot for the community.

If I wore Polos, drank Budweiser and did coke would I then be accepted?? (Wall St.)

Gtownoe... you and I agree on a great many things here. Not everything, mind you, but you seem to be a freedom loving individual like myself, which is where we find common ground. I'd drink a couple of beers, and smoke a joint with you any time.

As for hip-hop. I can't stand the new stuff, so old school for me is where it's at in terms of that genre of music. Other than that my music selection is very wide, and I can find a song from any genre in any era that I like. As for beer, I drink whatever is on sale, but love me some Heineken. I've also been known to snag a couple of tall boy cans from the gas station on the way home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.