Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2015, 11:10 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
The Dem bigwigs ARE getting up there in age. Crazy because about 10 years ago it was the Repub big dogs who were mostly old dudes, not in 2015.
Except the younger GOP have issues such Vance McAllister, the married congressman cheating on his wife, or Aaron Schock, the Downton Abbey loving office decorator that used his campaign money for fun times and lied about his mileage to sap more money from tax payers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2015, 01:18 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
When has it ever been legal to kill babies? People go to prison for doing that.
Only because the only science and technology Democrats reject (can't believe their lying eyes) is ultrasound and the sonogram.

Old 03-28-2015, 01:19 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Schumer is no worse than any other Senator.

It's not like there's a Democratic senator that Republicans are willing to work with.

Not unless we dig up James Eastland.

Old 03-28-2015, 01:38 PM

3,617 posts, read 3,884,082 times
As far as Democrats go I like Schumer. He's been very supportive of the interests of New York state and the NYC region more broadly (appropriately so considering he is a NY senator) and unlike many other Democrats understands the distinction between the rich and the upper-middle class, and is friendly rather than hostile to the latter group (for example, when Obama was pushing tax increases that would hit dual income professionals and doctors claiming dishonestly to only be targeting the rich, Schumer instead wanted to have the threshold high enough to only hit owners, bankers, and executives).

Old 03-28-2015, 02:59 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I really like Chuck Schumer. And the best part is the GOP has been whining about Reid for years. Now comes Chuck Schumer!
Wrong. We've been dealing with Schumer for years, and biotching about him all the while. You and yours, on the other hand, haven't had a bad word to say about Reid.

That'd be because the left love their bans and restrictions on speech. Schumer will wipe that silly grin off your face in no time.

Old 03-28-2015, 03:11 PM

1,603 posts, read 1,113,526 times
Chuck the Shmuk(intentionally spelled wrong) is long overdue for retirement as well.

Old 03-28-2015, 03:21 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,121,245 times
Chuck U Schumer is too toxic to be effective. Being from the leftist capital of America, he won't have a lot of national support.
But put a camera in the room, and instantly you'll see the three stooges; Schumer, Durbin, and Murray!

Old 03-28-2015, 05:04 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,095,474 times
Chuckie Cheese Schumer. By New York standards he's a conservative.

Old 03-28-2015, 05:24 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,967,872 times
You may be right OP. I do not know Schumer that well. I do know that he is the only Democrat during the last 6 years who has reached across the aisle and worked with a team of Democrats and Republicans to come up with an immigration bill. I know it ended up not passing--there were some sticking points in Congress.

I would love to see someone who would be willing to work across the aisle. Reid and Pelosi may have had specific marching orders from Obama and Soros, but Reid wouldn't even pass a budget. And Pelosi. . . . well, there's just something wrong with her.

Old 03-28-2015, 10:09 PM

1,293 posts, read 1,218,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricius Maximus View Post
A hardcore opponent of human freedom who decries it as "absolutism" that is bought and paid for by the establishment and deep state that is destroying America is the next in line* to be Democratic leader. However, consider that that description closely fits the current leader as well, so I wouldn't say we're losing anything in this change.

It's interesting to note that the current leadership team of the party which supposedly now represents youth and the future actually rather geriatric. Harry Reid is 75, Dick Durbin is 70, Nancy Pelosi is 75, Steny Hoyer is 75, and Jim Clyburn is 74. Their entire Congressional leadership team is over the age of 70. The executive branch isn't terribly better; Joe Biden is 72, rounding out the 70+ Democrat club. Of the entire federal Democratic leadership Obama, at 53, is the only one under the age of 70, and even he isn't looking too good lately; his hair is short, thin, and pretty gray, but that's just due to a bad case of Presidential aging.

How will Schumer change this picture? As of the next Congress Schumer will be 66 years old, which while slightly younger than anyone currently in the leadership is not even middle-aged, let alone youthful. Not even the borderline geriatric character of the leadership will change! It's not a given, of course, that all the current leadership will be the same after the 2016 elections, but I wouldn't bet on any huge changes. I also find it interesting that this is a sign that Reid perhaps isn't as optimistic as most of the media is on the chances of Democrats getting back the Senate in 2016 and thus Reid getting his Senate leadership back if he stayed on .

*I say next in line because Inauguration 2017 is still nearly two years off, and there's always the possibility of something happening to Schumer in all that time. After all, who would have predicted Reid getting an injury that would be condemned as unrealistic melodrama if it happened to a villain in a political drama film?
Sooo, you're saying we should clean up one of this nation's oldest "old boy clubs?" I can agree with that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies