Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 04:39 PM

194 posts, read 183,104 times

Advertisements

The vegan movement & cruelty to animals are basically the same thing. My post clearly demonstrates its possible to be strong w/out consuming meat.

Old 03-30-2015, 04:51 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Spend the extra money for free range and/or organic chicken (and eggs) if you don't want to support those chicken factories. Buy it from a natural foods place. The product is better anyway.

You don't have to give up chicken.

Old 03-30-2015, 06:03 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepOnKrunkin' View Post
The vegan movement & cruelty to animals are basically the same thing. My post clearly demonstrates its possible to be strong w/out consuming meat.
You can NOT live without using animal products.

Your computer is plastic.

Old 03-30-2015, 06:20 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,954,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepOnKrunkin' View Post
You equated vegans to animal cruelty.

Not sure what you're trying to demonstrate.

Old 03-30-2015, 06:23 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,954,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Spend the extra money for free range and/or organic chicken (and eggs) if you don't want to support those chicken factories. Buy it from a natural foods place. The product is better anyway.

You don't have to give up chicken.
Exactly. Just because there is a problem in one area of something doesn't mean we need to start banning or doing without.

Human beings are designed to eat meat. That doesn't mean meat exclusively but we weren't designed to be without it either.

Old 03-30-2015, 06:42 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,149,295 times
Ive been a vegetarian. Ive even spent a couple years being extreme with it - no eggs dairy fish - nothing but vegetables, and vegetable products. I came to conclusion that I simply need meat. Not a lot of meat, and maybe a health problem had something to do with it, but beans, soy and nuts just wasnt cutting it.

Fish are unedible on a daily basis due to pollution, and farmed fish seem like a good idea, but anyone can look up why they arent.

That being said, I cant imagine killing anything unless it was trying to kill me, and even then I couldnt eat it. As an example: My husband and I used to get live lobsters from a local fish house/dock. If he put them in the pot, all was well, and I could eat them. If I put them in the pot, I suddenly had no appetitie for them, and he got 2 instead. I guess I can take that to personal spiritual beliefs.

The point being, people that have to kill things for a living become desensitized to that life. Even medical personnel, active foot soldiers, etc become desensitized to the gore and death they see - as well as the life. Im not sticking up for those that torture animals before killing them, but I can see them treating that life like a toy or object just to be able to continue to do that job.

Just my 2 cents.

Old 03-30-2015, 07:16 PM

756 posts, read 834,380 times
Exclamation This has been going on for a very long time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanguardisle View Post
An undercover news report shows chickens awaiting slaughter routinely have their wings and legs broken, are not killed by the proper procedure and end up being scalded alive in a pot of boiling water, that they should have already been dead before being put into. This is awful. I cried after reading the details.

I was not always vegetarian as I am now . I did eat chickens. It is okay to kill animals for food but it is not okay to be cruel .They deserve a kind death not a death like that.

Here where I live they have just passed a new measure allowing urban chickens to be raised in a limited basis. I have met chickens in petting zoos and flea market pet shops that are sweet . I have seen cute baby chicks that are curious and friendly. They do not deserve this.

In Raleigh, activists call for more humane poultry slaughter methods | News and Observer News and Observer

Gory Food Service

Employee Describes Deliberate Torture of Chickens at
I don't like to eat meat and abused animals is another reason to not eat meat. But this happens with chickens and pigs and all kinds of animals, and it has been happening for a long time.

Old 03-30-2015, 07:24 PM

863 posts, read 1,196,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
How do you wash your hair????

No tires???

No plastic???
Not necessarily on both counts. Slip agents or stearic acid can also be made from vegetable fats. For instance, Michelin tires contain no animal byproducts. Same goes for some plastics.

Last edited by Catdancer; 03-30-2015 at 08:13 PM..

Old 03-30-2015, 07:47 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,088,130 times
Yea soy.. the marvelous bean can be used for everything ....
But driller... sorry to say I have never checked the grips on my Beretta as being soy based... so.. yea...in some fashion I am responsibie for animal cruelty...

Let's just say.. I do my upmost to be conscious about it ... support cruelty free animal products whenever I can...

If you read the link from pcrm you might gain some knowledge about the vegan lifestyle and why it... and cruelty free pursuits are good for our country and for all Americans ....

Give me the liberty of tofu or give me death... by meat ...;-)

Old 03-30-2015, 08:29 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,199,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
People are going way off topic here. The post was about brutality in slaughter houses. Not the superior hearth of vegans. Or 200 plus lb body builders.

There are people who eat meat who also find the content in the OP to be cruel and disgusting.
Yes, humans are designed to eat SOME meat, but in the US, factory farming has made it cheap, and we eat far too much. The problem with factory farming is that the animals are treated with complete disregard for their health and well being. These are living creatures, and the cruelty they face in their short lives is horrifying. We should demand that the animals we eat be treated well, this does mean that meat will be much more expensive, but it SHOULD be expensive, we are taking a life. Meat should be eaten much less often. I don't eat much meat, and will gladly pay more for it to be humanely raised.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies