Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2015, 10:29 AM

66 posts, read 73,509 times

Advertisements

Attention: It's not a discrimination and not a racism, it's just my words and thoughts, hope you will understand. Thanks!

I hope everybody remember the situation with baker who refused to make wedding cake for homosexual couple. Now he should pay lesbian couple up to $150,000 for his beliefs...http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2103577
And everybody remember same situation, but with so-called "gay bakeries?" They said that they will not bake "anti-gay cakes" WITHOUT any consequences!
13 "Gay" Bakeries Deny Christian's Request for Pro-Traditional Marriage Cake - Freedom Outpost
And now, the story begins... But now, with new persons
With the white-hot attack of the nation’s media and leftist activists on Christian business owners who object to making products that endorse same-sex marriage, one party has been curiously absent from the national discussion: Muslims.
Hidden Camera: Will MUSLIM Bakers Make a Gay Wedding Cake?Top Right News
Steven Crowder noted how gay activists are so silent about Muslim oppression in Islamic nations — where “moderate” Iran routinely hangs gays from cranes in downtown Tehran, and ISIS throws gays off buildings every week.

What do you think about this, guys?

Old 04-03-2015, 10:43 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,841,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeenThomas View Post
Attention: It's not a discrimination and not a racism, it's just my words and thoughts, hope you will understand. Thanks!

I hope everybody remember the situation with baker who refused to make wedding cake for homosexual couple. Now he should pay lesbian couple up to $150,000 for his beliefs...http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2103577
And everybody remember same situation, but with so-called "gay bakeries?" They said that they will not bake "anti-gay cakes" WITHOUT any consequences!
13 "Gay" Bakeries Deny Christian's Request for Pro-Traditional Marriage Cake - Freedom Outpost
And now, the story begins... But now, with new persons
With the white-hot attack of the nation’s media and leftist activists on Christian business owners who object to making products that endorse same-sex marriage, one party has been curiously absent from the national discussion: Muslims.
Hidden Camera: Will MUSLIM Bakers Make a Gay Wedding Cake?Top Right News
Steven Crowder noted how gay activists are so silent about Muslim oppression in Islamic nations — where “moderate” Iran routinely hangs gays from cranes in downtown Tehran, and ISIS throws gays off buildings every week.

What do you think about this, guys?
Complete BS.

The fact is that because Christians outnumber Muslims in American by a factor of about 90 to 1, proprietors are vastly more likely to be Christian than Muslim and, consequently, we fully expect there to be vastly more discriminating Christians than Muslims, in the same way that few such proprietors will be Jewish (because, again, Christians vastly outnumber Christians in the United States).

Do you understand simple logic and basic math?

Oh, and as for your BS that it never happens, it does, and it is indeed brought to light by those who advocate against anti-LGBT discrimination. Maybe you've never heard of googling - more likely, you just aren't interested in checking your assumptions against something called reality.

Muslim barber refuses to cut hair of lesbian: Whose rights trump whose? - Liberty Unyielding
Muslim drivers at Cleveland airport refuse to drive cabs with Gay Games advertising | Fox News

Now, back to your fact-free BS...

Old 04-03-2015, 01:14 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,490,703 times
The video explains it perfectly.
It's force...as in "You will do only what I say you should do, or I'll shut your business down".

Old 04-03-2015, 01:47 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,240,655 times
I would like to see the unedited videos.

Seems like the one guy was saying that he didn't do photo cakes, the other I could barely hear what he was saying.

Old 04-03-2015, 02:11 PM

30,693 posts, read 18,326,280 times
Clear double standard. But, given the far left's hatred of all religions but Islam (which is rather odd, as the LGBT community/women are faring the worst in these Islamist nations), I'm not surprised. Let's be clear: the fact that Christians outnumber greatly Muslims in this country is a BS reason to explain the lack of outrage here. Indeed, unless you can show that there are numerous Christian businesses denying service to gays/lesbians (there seem to be a very, very small number of identified cases), that distinction means nothing. Still, even if there were many more cases of Christian discrimination, what matters is that there are two cases of discrimination that occurred in close proximity to each other (this Muslim case and the Christian pizza case). Its obvious why we aren't seeing widespread, faux leftist/media outrage . . . no one wants to be seen as "Islamaphobic"

Last edited by prospectheightsresident; 04-03-2015 at 02:27 PM..

Old 04-03-2015, 03:43 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,138,019 times
Um, when did LBGT said it was okay for Muslim businesses to discriminate against them? That would be never. They figure whatever rules apply to Christians would apply to Muslims and others, too. Or do you think that the law would explicitly treat the various religions differently? Nope.

Mick

Old 04-03-2015, 05:55 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,491,586 times
I think it just goes to show if you be an a****le, whether your a person, group, business or nation, you might face consequences for your actions.

Old 04-03-2015, 06:23 PM

2,573 posts, read 3,508,621 times
Video is not very clear and just show only a tiny portion so I am not sure what they really refused. If they refused the service they offered to (other) public then they should be put on trial just like that christian florist.

On a related note, I wonder where are all supporters of religious freedom that I saw on the other thread?

Old 04-03-2015, 08:06 PM

30,693 posts, read 18,326,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_1976 View Post
Video is not very clear and just show only a tiny portion so I am not sure what they really refused. If they refused the service they offered to (other) public then they should be put on trial just like that christian florist.

On a related note, I wonder where are all supporters of religious freedom that I saw on the other thread?
This goes beyond actually refusing service. The Christian pizzeria in the news now did not refuse service as they were merely answering a hypothetical question posed by a "journalist." Yet, leftists everywhere descended on that establishment, seeking to destroy the owners financially. Why don't we see similar behavior here?

Old 04-03-2015, 08:22 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,240,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
This goes beyond actually refusing service. The Christian pizzeria in the news now did not refuse service as they were merely answering a hypothetical question posed by a "journalist." Yet, leftists everywhere descended on that establishment, seeking to destroy the owners financially. Why don't we see similar behavior here?
Because it is a heavily edited video with horrible sound quality?

Honestly it sounded like they were saying that they didn't make picture cakes, and a lot of crazy accusations by the guy pretending to be gay.

If I go into a bakery and ask for something they don't make, like picture cakes, I would be refused if they don't offer that service.

I wonder if the entire video will be released so we can see all of the interaction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies