Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2015, 02:57 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,371,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Because I want to own them and owning them is my Right, why I own them is none of your business. Don't want to own a gun, then don't, that is your Right. See how simple it is.
But the 2nd Amendment has been so mis-interpreted since it was first written..It says nothing about right to bare arms just cause we want them. It was put in the for a purpose..NOT for the freedom to own, play with, hunt or just because one want them. The only alteration to the original 2nd Amendment was the right to defend ones self from federal government > 14th Amendment includes State Government.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitu...cond_amendment

Snippet~ underlined is the actual Amendment>
Amendment II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

BBM part is how it has altered in interpretations~~

The Second Amendment has most recently been interpreted to grant the right of gun ownership to individuals for purposes that include self-defense. At first it was thought to apply only to the Federal government, but through the mechanism of the Fourteenth Amendment, it has been applied to the states as well.

Old 04-03-2015, 03:00 PM

20,458 posts, read 12,377,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Just give me the reason code on your DD214 for your discharge....

You do know what a DD214 is, right?

LOL....
hmm... I cant find a reason code on mine.

(I took to carrying mine because I don't have a military ID but I can get discounts at Lowes being a vet...)

which field is that in?

Old 04-03-2015, 03:01 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,819,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorc140 View Post
Absolutely correct

The second amendment guaranteed the federal government the right to maintain a standing military force at a time where the idea of a standing army was unpopular
Except for the people that wrote the 2nd amendment said differently.

I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. - George Mason

No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. - Thomas Jefferson

What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms. - Thomas Jefferson

The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country. - James Madison

A militia when properly formed are in fact the people themselves…and include, according to the past and general usuage of the states, all men capable of bearing arms… "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them. - Richard Henry Lee

Last edited by shooting4life; 04-03-2015 at 03:15 PM..

Old 04-03-2015, 03:02 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,415,918 times
What was your MOS?

Old 04-03-2015, 03:02 PM

46,263 posts, read 27,085,436 times
Quote:
Camp Casey

I'll be honest, I cannot believe that you are saying this as a person who retired from the Army....

A person, if what you say is true, defended yourself with a gun....

I hope you did not display this to your troops, or I hope to god you did not have troops....

If what you say is true, I feel sorry for everyone that you had been in charge of....

Old 04-03-2015, 03:05 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,570,389 times
Quote:
The fact that there is a firearms black market in the US is due solely to the legality of firearm ownership and private sales.

Also, American guns are 90 percent of the guns used by Mexican drug cartels. Ban guns in the US, and violence will drop in Mexico as well
A Black Market is good for the economy. Makes guns affordable. Private sales are also good. Makes money to buy better guns on the Black Market.

Your right. American guns are used by more than 90% of Mexican Drug Cartels. That's because Mexicans can't make reliable guns. Yep, if you band guns in the Us, violence will drop in Mexico too. They will all bring it here then.

Old 04-03-2015, 03:07 PM

24,398 posts, read 23,053,611 times
Come on, just try owning a gun.... Everybody is getting one. You know you want one....

Old 04-03-2015, 03:08 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,570,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Every once in a while, some rabidly stupid fool climbs out from under their rock, posts some drivel much like this thread and then disappear after sowing hate and discontent.

Troll...and not a very bright one at that...

Old 04-03-2015, 03:09 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,529,442 times
Smile You sound like...

Quote:
4. Hunting for food: okay, some people living deep in flyover country might need to kill some animals once in a while to survive. This is literally the only valid reason for owning a gun.

3. Sporting Purposes: okay, shooting guns is fun. But smoking crack is fun too, and its illegal. So is racing cars on public highways. So is owning a pet lion. If you want to test your accuracy, there are bows and arrows or darts.

2. Hunting for sport: if you don't need to hunt to survive, but hunt anyways, then skrew you. You are a sadistic person who gets his jollies killing innocent animals.

1. Self defense: you are 43 times more likely to have a gun grabbed out of your hands by an intruder and be shot with it, than to use to successfully in self defense. MMS: Error

There are only about 200 self defense shootings in a year. There are about 30,000 other gun deaths.
http://takingnote.blogs.nytimes.com/...-gun-use/?_r=0

...a disgruntled High Point owner.

Old 04-03-2015, 03:10 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,093,286 times
Quote:
Guess what, the military is made up of US citizens. And 90 percent of US citizens want more gun control. In fact, most gun nuts in America have never served in the military, but just like to play soldier. Real soldiers look down upon redneck militias with the utmost disdain
1. The numbers are not that high.

2. So what? Even if it were 90%, that means nothing. The majority is not always right.

3. At least 40% of Americans own a gun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies