Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2015, 09:44 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,931,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
They were LIED TO, like the rest of the country.
You are funny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Looks like that's a statement in your post.
Another weak, very weak attempt to deflect blame from the Iraq war perps.

Quick! Look over there!

Carry on.

Are you admitting all these people I mentioned, who served in the military, worked in government positions way before President Bush, by the way, fell for his fabricated lie.

Is this an educated guess as to how these Harvard & Yale grads fell for it and followed a President lying to them.

If they couldn't recognize a lie from an American, how the hell do we expect them to not see lying Iran?

WMD is the least of our worries Saddam is dead, and remember Obama got Bin Laden!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2015, 09:45 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,448,514 times
Let's ignore all the wars Obama fought through proxies to topple regimes HE didn't like and look at the chaos it is causing.

Old 04-07-2015, 09:51 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,761,940 times
IMHO the regime in the Middle East that needs to be toppled is the hereditary Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. From their degrading treatment of women as property to their slavish support of the radical Wahhabis Muslim sect and their continuous call for eradicating both Israel and Iran these people are our most dangerous and pernicious enemy in the Middle East.

Old 04-07-2015, 09:57 AM

3,353 posts, read 6,438,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
This is the 2nd in a series.

We've all seen the bumper stickers: "Bush lied, thousands died." And the cartoons of Bush with a Pinocchio nose w/ "WMD" tattooed along its length. This meme will be regarded by historians as one of the biggest idiocies of history. There is so much evidence against it that only the self-deluded and the willfully ignorant can continue to believe.

In a review of a book by Gordon Corera, Brit historian Andrew Roberts says that the book "explodes...completely" the notion that W Bush lied about WMD.

In another piece about the book, Yale Law prof Stephen L. Carter generally agrees. I have posted this before, but the link I used is now no good. The newspaper where I first read it assigned it a headline of "Bush did not knowingly lie about WMD"

Most experts, and even Saddam's own senior officers, believed in early 2003 that Saddam still had WMD. This was by Saddam's design, and mainly intended as a stratagem to keep the Iranians in check. There is this curious recollection from a senior officer about the early days of the American invasion:

(from Cobra II, by NYT reporter Michael Gordon, and Gen Bernard Trainor, p. 190).

Once and for all, the only 'lies about WMD' came from Saddam himself. There was no lie about WMD from Bush, Cheney, Rice, the Bilderbergers, or anyone else. None.
We believed Iraq had WMD's even before Bush was President; for some strange reason, people always forget that we did bomb Iraq back in the late 90's for kicking out our inspectors. Saddam led us to believe he had WMD's, which is why I can't say Bush was lying, but nonetheless, the information he received was inaccurate fortunately and unfortunately. Its like the phrase "it's better to be safe than sorry," we didn't find anything, fortunately, but it cost us many lives, destabilized the region, and cost a hell of a lot of money unfortunately.

Old 04-07-2015, 10:14 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,540,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Let's ignore all the wars Obama fought through proxies to topple regimes HE didn't like and look at the chaos it is causing.
That's the Bot MO.

Old 04-07-2015, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
IMHO the regime in the Middle East that needs to be toppled is the hereditary Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. From their degrading treatment of women as property to their slavish support of the radical Wahhabis Muslim sect and their continuous call for eradicating both Israel and Iran these people are our most dangerous and pernicious enemy in the Middle East.
That will happen before O is done. You won't like the result.

Old 04-07-2015, 10:22 AM

3,353 posts, read 6,438,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
That will happen before O is done. You won't like the result.
Explain why you think that will happen? Everyone understands that an attack on Saudi Arabia could have the entire Muslim population mobilize, especially within the ME. Now I can imagine ISIS somehow using Saudi Arabia as a staging ground in the coming future for their radical ideology, then at that point we'll see how Saudi reacts to it.

Old 04-07-2015, 11:06 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,525,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
You are funny!

Are you admitting all these people I mentioned, who served in the military, worked in government positions way before President Bush, by the way, fell for his fabricated lie.

Is this an educated guess as to how these Harvard & Yale grads fell for it and followed a President lying to them.

If they couldn't recognize a lie from an American, how the hell do we expect them to not see lying Iran?
Silly questions. They went with public opinion, which was carefully crafted by Dubya & Dick's months-long campaign of disinformation. Maybe you aren't old enough to recall the autumn of 2002. I served in the military, have a college degree and I believed him at the time. It wasn't until it was all revealed to be lies a year later that I woke up to the reality.

Many posts in this thread show that there are some folks who still buy Dubya's BS.

Quote:
WMD is the least of our worries
Especially since they didn't exist.

Quote:
Saddam is dead,
Leading to the rise of ISIS and Iran.

Quote:
and remember Obama got Bin Laden!
You got one thing correct.

Old 04-07-2015, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMORE View Post
Explain why you think that will happen? Everyone understands that an attack on Saudi Arabia could have the entire Muslim population mobilize, especially within the ME. Now I can imagine ISIS somehow using Saudi Arabia as a staging ground in the coming future for their radical ideology, then at that point we'll see how Saudi reacts to it.
O creates regime destabilization via engineered uprisings with the illusion of popular revolts. You'll see the same in SA. After the regime is deposed, they sit back and let radical Islamists take over or duke it out.

The end game, not yet played out will be the creation of a radical Islamist superstate.

Old 04-07-2015, 11:18 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,165,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Bill made the same claims even before George. Granted I can understand her not believing anything Bill told her.
Bill Clinton didn't wage a ground troop war once in Iraq during his two terms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies