Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 12:58 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post

Clinton's policy specifically excluded military adventurism. Also, as you well know, things Clinton said years earlier don't make lies told by the right-wing scum true. You're just desperate to pretend you weren't scared into supporting right-wing failure. Please continue to show how much you're into personal responsibility and personal accountability by pretending Republicans aren't responsible for their constant failure.
He bombed Iraq (more than once) and allowed Biden to talk him into bombing Kosovo.

No none of it was as bad as a failing 12 year war.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2015, 01:07 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
I'll explain this again. Statements made five years earlier, whether they be true or false, do not make the lies Republicans told in order to frighten you into supporting them five years later true. This will be the case no matter how many times you try to blame others for the failings of right wing scum who invade countries under false pretenses and have people kidnaped and tortured.
I'll explain this one more time. Liberals tend to be hyper-partisans that will never hold Democrats accountable for anything.

Quote:
Bush apologists don't blame Republicans for making bad decisions, they just blame others for letting him.
The Bush apologists are just like the Democrat apologists, but seem to me fewer in numbers.

Quote:
Democrats aren't my leaders. I still regard Republicans as worthless. But I'm amused at your attempts to pretend the right-wing torture supporters aren't trying to pretend they were fooled by the scum Bush in this thread.
Conservative, "Bush didn't lie, he made a mistake"

Liberal, "You see, there you go again. You keep supporting killing and torture and keep trying to say the war was justified and that Iraq perpetrated 911."

Conservative, "No, all I said was that Bush believed the same thing that Bill Clinton and other Democrats believed."

Liberal, "They did not."

Conservative, "I can post a whole big list of their quotes."

Liberal, "No, you just want oil companies to get rich on blood money."

Quote:
Clinton's policy specifically excluded military adventurism. Also, as you well know, things Clinton said years earlier don't make lies told by the right-wing scum true. You're just desperate to pretend you weren't scared into supporting right-wing failure. Please continue to show how much you're into personal responsibility and personal accountability by pretending Republicans aren't responsible for their constant failure.

Wow, Clinton excluded military adventurism?

Funny that he didn't share that after bombing Iraq.

Quote:
Earlier today, I ordered America's armed forces to strike military and security targets in Iraq. They are joined by British forces. Their mission is to attack Iraq's nuclear, chemical and biological weapons programs and its military capacity to threaten its neighbors.
Let me guess, Bush forced him to attack Iraq and then lie about WMDs.

Don't you ever get embarrassed at being so completely out of touch with reality?

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
He bombed Iraq (more than once) and allowed Biden to talk him into bombing Kosovo.
Are you sure they were bombs and not just comfy throw pillows?

Old 04-09-2015, 01:10 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
"Bush didn't lie, he made a mistake"

Liberal, "You see, there you go again. You keep supporting killing and torture and keep trying to say the war was justified and that Iraq perpetrated 911."

Conservative, "No, all I said was that Bush believed the same thing that Bill Clinton and other Democrats believed."

Liberal, "They did not."

Conservative, "I can post a whole big list of their quotes."

Liberal, "No, you just want oil companies to get rich on blood money."
Uhmmm...Im probably one of the more liberal sort of folks here...and I sound like the conservative side.

I might quibble that Bush intentionally CHOSE to believe the false information over more reasonable information, but thats a quibble.

Did we go to war based on a lie? Absolutely. Was it Bush's lie? Nope.

Old 04-09-2015, 01:52 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Uhmmm...Im probably one of the more liberal sort of folks here...and I sound like the conservative side.

I might quibble that Bush intentionally CHOSE to believe the false information over more reasonable information, but thats a quibble.

Did we go to war based on a lie? Absolutely. Was it Bush's lie? Nope.
No, we did not go to war based on a lie. It was info that was not accurate. That is not a lie. Actually, in some ways it was accurate because Saddam had months to move any WMD. As many know, it's almost for sure some ended up in Libya.

Old 04-09-2015, 01:57 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,545,982 times
It was Clinton's lie.

Old 04-09-2015, 02:04 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
No, we did not go to war based on a lie. It was info that was not accurate. That is not a lie. Actually, in some ways it was accurate because Saddam had months to move any WMD. As many know, it's almost for sure some ended up in Libya.
It was an answer to a.question we didn't need to ask.

Mind your own business and you don't get lies or incorrect answers.

Old 04-09-2015, 02:05 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
It was Clinton's lie.
Nope. Clinton was told by the intelligence community that Iraq had WMD's. He believed it to be true as well. If he believed it, he was not lying.

-----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It was an answer to a.question we didn't need to ask.

Mind your own business and you don't get lies or incorrect answers.
No argument there.

Old 04-09-2015, 02:49 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Sorry but no. The information provided about the yellowcake was made up. I can't even recall the guys name at the moment. He was a paid informant looking to score more cash.

Old 04-09-2015, 04:14 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,285,496 times
Quote:
Sorry but no. The information provided about the yellowcake was made up. I can't even recall the guys name at the moment. He was a paid informant looking to score more cash.
Curveball?

Old 04-09-2015, 06:39 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
I was not referring to yellowcake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies