Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2015, 01:31 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,454,497 times

Advertisements

All this fake outrage is much about nothing. There is no history of white people being labelled the N word. It has no derogatory impact. As Clarence Thomas would say, "Get Over It." Wait, Kaminsky is "Over it.".

Old 04-06-2015, 01:36 PM

45,552 posts, read 27,160,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Fair enough. But the kid isn't ghetto. He's a kid. Nothing more or less.

He used a dumb expletive around a hot Mic and got caught.

I use the word too...and I'm far from ghetto. You just have to be more sagacious if you're gonna say it. Definitely not in that setting.
I live here. I know people who know the twins. Their high school is right up the road.

The kids are probably able to play both roles - around certain people they can carry themselves well... around others they can speak the ghetto lingo. When the heat is on, what is true will in most cases show itself.

I have never used the word and never will.

Old 04-06-2015, 02:14 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,373,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
If the white player would have Said the N word to the Black player it would be a nacional front page news and the liberals calling for the head of the Coach for not suspendíng the player or kicking him out the team......a boycott of the school.

Black player does it , its all cool.....its a Black culture thing......lol

Yes, exactly right.

His choice of that word is a commentary on how young black people talk and nothing more.

Yes, if the roles had been reversed and Kaminsky had said it about Harrison, this would be a huge story. Is that fair? No. Fair is a place where they judge livestock. Life isn't fair. Get over it.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 04-06-2015 at 06:25 PM.. Reason: inappropriate

Old 04-06-2015, 03:26 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,856,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
I'm as white as ghost. Black people have called me "*****" before. It's not uncommon in the hood.
I've been called it too. Wasn't really in the hood though. Context matters.

Old 04-06-2015, 04:17 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,185,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I live here. I know people who know the twins. Their high school is right up the road.

The kids are probably able to play both roles - around certain people they can carry themselves well... around others they can speak the ghetto lingo. When the heat is on, what is true will in most cases show itself.

I have never used the word and never will.
Well, i do. LOL

Old 04-06-2015, 05:00 PM

2,440 posts, read 3,430,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
It's ok, blacks dudes got a free pass to call white people anything they want, it's just the way it is.
And the vice-versa has always been true behind the scenes historically. Now folks are bummed that the shoe is on the other foot publicly?

Old 04-06-2015, 05:19 PM

15,630 posts, read 10,383,806 times
Kentucky players only playing for this college for a year or max two before they go to the pros. They are not college basketball players.

If this Kentucky black player was white and called black Wisconsin player a ****** he would be banned from basketball for life. Because the player was black and Wisconsin player he insulted white, it is no longer news. Is the word ****** banned or does it depend on the user?? Such a **** double standard.

****** is an crime only when a white person says it. ******, ******, ******.

Old 04-06-2015, 05:49 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,705,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
No-

He is black, therefore nothing will happen to him. In the US, it's okay to hate white people.

If he was white, he would have been put on a cross and crucified to coincide with the Easter holiday, thrown off the team, and banned from playing in the NCAA and the NBA.
100% true.

Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson would have a million "followers" marching on Capitol hill if this was a white guy saying the word, they would call for the imprisonment of that guy's family, years in jail and his entire life ruined for the rest of time and they would march until they got what they wanted, they would never let it go.

Old 04-06-2015, 06:01 PM

31,014 posts, read 22,056,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Look, I am no conservative but I will tell you that either using the N word is again allowed for everyone (free speech and all that) or it is not allowed for anybody.

Take your pick but don't deny free speech to one class.
Its more important for some to feel like they got back at the Man. The goal is not to heal or make things better, it's to reaffirm the tribe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies