Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2015, 10:22 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,278,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
I don't believe that Israel is going to do a damn thing, but talk, especially since they hold the inferior position. Any move against Iran undermines the US peace efforts, which could mean that the US withdraws support for Israel. Without US support, if Israel moves against Iran, they are going to be obliterated by Russia.
I posted this earlier and I will repost it.

Muslims believe any deal entered into with an infidel is no deal. Since their religion dictates it's okay to lie to a nonbeliever. Thus any deal entered into with the US is no good because they are non believers. Therefore they got the sanctions lifted and according to Islam they will do what they want.

Old 04-06-2015, 10:25 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,848,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

And if I remember it right (I can't find the original account that I read), Israeli jets came back on fumes.
Why are spinning your wheels trying to explain that a fighter jet does not have the same flight distance as a airliner. Most people here think a plane is a plane and stop there. It doesn't matter if it's Israeli or anyone else's. You're comparing a Lamborghini to a standard city bus and they don't see any difference since they both have a steering wheel.

Old 04-06-2015, 10:31 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,307,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
How do you know what their capabilities are? I wouldn't bet against the Israeli's, the Israeli military has had years to plan and obtain what resources they need.As the saying goes there is more than one way to skin a cat and you had better assume they have a plan and the resources in place to skin the cat.
Place your bets wherever you like.

But I know where the smart money is going.

This ain't doable. Period.

Old 04-06-2015, 10:32 AM

1,587 posts, read 1,019,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I posted this earlier and I will repost it.

Muslims believe any deal entered into with an infidel is no deal. Since their religion dictates it's okay to lie to a nonbeliever. Thus any deal entered into with the US is no good because they are non believers. Therefore they got the sanctions lifted and according to Islam they will do what they want.
Yea some sanctions were lifted last year and several billions of dollars were also released to the Islamic Republic by the United States

Old 04-06-2015, 11:00 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,949,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
All of whom are harmed by Iran's oil bourse.

What a coincidence.

Iran won.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Mircea
Iran-Iraq War | Encyclopedia Britannica

In the mid-1980s the military stalemate continued, but in August 1988 Iran’s deteriorating economy and recent Iraqi gains on the battlefield compelled Iran to accept a United Nations-mediated cease-fire that it had previously resisted.

Going by that link; Iran did NOT "win". Neither did Iraq.

Old 04-06-2015, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Iran-Iraq War | Encyclopedia Britannica

In the mid-1980s the military stalemate continued, but in August 1988 Iran’s deteriorating economy and recent Iraqi gains on the battlefield compelled Iran to accept a United Nations-mediated cease-fire that it had previously resisted.

Going by that link; Iran did NOT "win". Neither did Iraq.
There's waaaaay more to it than that.

At the end of the day though, what Mircea is saying is that a proxy war encouraged by us, with a group we armed to the teeth and assisted in every way imaginable, COULDN'T defeat Iran. Think about it. They were given every American resource short of nukes and still couldn't pull it off. On top of that, we assisted by destroying Iran's Navy ourselves. Iraqis still couldn't win.

What does that tell you? So even if the war was fought to a stalemate, we LOST.

Old 04-06-2015, 11:48 AM

3,353 posts, read 6,458,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoreJuice View Post
Your all over the place here...

The Iranian nuclear issue is not just an Iran vs Israel, this is a big misconception amongst the West.

Bibi is the most vocal, but it is the Arab sunnis players that are the most shaken over a nuclear Iran. If this deal fails, they will gain economic, military and diplomatic power which will escalate sunni shia tensions. Notice the Palestinian issue has been pushed to the side? American leftist haven't peeped a word of it.

A nuclear deal will not curb Iranian expansionist policies nor funding Hamas or Hezzbollah. Either way, the West will be drawn into conflict. Israel has expressed recently that it prefers a better deal over war, so lets not spread rhetoric. Any military action will cause harm to Israel and not the U.S. The lefties believe that Israel just oozes for war 24/7 while dismissing Khomeni's threat of Israeli genocide. Typical from the morally bankrupt left
I'm not all over the place, I was giving clarity to the simple fact that the U.S. in fact does things for Israel; a poster said Israel doesn't need the U.S. or something along those lines. I understand the Middle East situation at a level below advanced, so I'm not completely ignorant to what's going on.

Old 04-06-2015, 11:50 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,188,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
The Israelis don't have the capabilities. If they could've, they would've already.

Iran is too far away, and without U.S. assistance (which they won't get and SHOULDN'T get BTW), it's just not doable.

If Israel has the resources to capture Nazi war criminals in Argentina, they can send operatives into Iran.

Old 04-06-2015, 11:52 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,623,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
If Israel has the resources to capture Nazi war criminals in Argentina, they can send operatives into Iran.
The Mossad has already assassinated Iranian nuclear scientists.

Old 04-06-2015, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
Capturing Eichmann is comparable to hitting a disparate nuclear program in Iran? Is that a joke?

Again, if Israel could work all of this magic, why all the overwrought diatribes about how Iran MUST be stopped and how the Iranians are gonna take over the whole world blah, blah, blah...?

If this were as simple as catching Eichmann, they would've done it already. The fact that they haven't done it denotes an insurmountable degree of difficulty.

You folks are bound and determined to underestimate Iran. Ok, fine. Some folks have to learn the hard way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies