Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2015, 08:39 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Yep, turn in your assault rifle bill was introduced (reintroduced) by Rep. Rosa DeLauro (D-Conn.) and co-sponsors include Reps. Betty McCollum (D-Minn.), Raúl Grijalva (D-Ariz.), Elijah Cummings (D-Md.), Keith Ellison (D-Minn.), Eric Swalwell (D-Calif.), and David Cicilline (D-R.I.).

How does this even make sense? You can by an AR /AK for less than $500....

That's brand new BTW...

More anti gun thinking..well maybe not thinking, but what can we expect?

And before you anti gunners start complaining, yes it was brought up in 2012...but if you read it's being brought up again....

Bill would pay gun owners to hand over assault weapons | TheHill

why sure, I can hand over all the SKS's that I bought for $59 each. at $2000 for each rifle, that would give me almost 200k, that means I can buy a few Barrett .50 rifles, and stock-up on M4 rifles, PTR91's, and buy some more magazines and ammo for everything else I own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2015, 08:49 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,824,055 times
I have some ar lowers I bout for $60 I will be happy to turn in for 2k credit each. I will then replace said lowers and buy some other guns and ammo.

Old 04-06-2015, 08:51 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
I am wondering what kinds of firearms I can buy with another 200k? I have been looking at my list of firearms and parts and i know now that the lower from any semi auto rifle can also be considered an liberal misnamed assault rifle. i have lots of lowers that I have bought for less than $100 each, i can get $2000 for each of those too.

heck, the democrat party can fuel the entire firearms industry for the next 100 years with a deal like that.

Old 04-06-2015, 10:05 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Yep, turn in your assault rifle bill was introduced (reintroduced) by Rep. Rosa DeLauro (D-Conn.) and co-sponsors include Reps. Betty McCollum (D-Minn.), Raúl Grijalva (D-Ariz.), Elijah Cummings (D-Md.), Keith Ellison (D-Minn.), Eric Swalwell (D-Calif.), and David Cicilline (D-R.I.).

How does this even make sense? You can by an AR /AK for less than $500....

That's brand new BTW...

More anti gun thinking..well maybe not thinking, but what can we expect?

And before you anti gunners start complaining, yes it was brought up in 2012...but if you read it's being brought up again....

Bill would pay gun owners to hand over assault weapons | TheHill

LOL!.

I can get a Ruger 10-22 in the scary black for less than $300 new, and $125-$150 used.

Good return on investment to keep the taxman off your back and his boot off your throat.

Old 04-06-2015, 10:09 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,979,590 times
Truth seeking is not trolling.

Sandy Hook never happened. Use today to learn something:

INDEPENDENT MEDIA SOLIDARITY | A Loose Knit Group of Independent Journalists

or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxTafqejV6k

This is a trove of information.

Why did alleged 'New Town' victim Noah Pozner die again in Peshawar too?

Israeli photographer 'horrified' at use of bloody shoe photo - BBC News

Old 04-06-2015, 10:11 PM

701 posts, read 1,429,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
Truth seeking is not trolling.

Sandy Hook never happened. Use today to learn something:

INDEPENDENT MEDIA SOLIDARITY | A Loose Knit Group of Independent Journalists

This is a trove of information.

Why did alleged 'New Town' victim Noah Pozner die in Peshawar too?

Israeli photographer 'horrified' at use of bloody shoe photo - BBC News

And trolling is not truth seeking. I feel bad for you.

Old 04-06-2015, 10:15 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,235,353 times
Jesus, how dumb are some of you? Are you guys not familiar with sales pitch???

"Buy Now and Save UP to 80% off Retail Price!!"

When you hear the above, do you actually expect to get 80% off?? No. That is just a sales pitch to lure you in. We are know that.... right? Right?

Read the fine print:
Quote:
The legislation would provide up to $2,000 in tax credits for gun owners who voluntarily hand over assault weapons to their local police departments.
Does that mean you're going to get $2,000 for any rifle you bring in??? (Think about it, I know I know, thinking is not your thing but still....)

Jesus, why is it that the liberals always have to explain what it means to the conservatives?

Old 04-06-2015, 10:28 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,573,294 times
These clowns have found out we aren't going to be disarmed that easily, so there they go, reaching in the "Desperate" Snake Oil Barrel again. Yep, take your rifle into the Police Department, and then wait for your "up to" 2K to drop in your hand. Doesn't say you will get 2 K. You could get 100 or 200 bucks, or even maybe less. Then what? Ask for your gun back?

Cities have tried that crap, and paid cash for guns, but all they got was mostly Saturday night specials and old worthless antiques. You can trust these folks as far as you can throw them.

Old 04-06-2015, 10:51 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,824,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Jesus, how dumb are some of you? Are you guys not familiar with sales pitch???

"Buy Now and Save UP to 80% off Retail Price!!"

When you hear the above, do you actually expect to get 80% off?? No. That is just a sales pitch to lure you in. We are know that.... right? Right?

Read the fine print:
Does that mean you're going to get $2,000 for any rifle you bring in??? (Think about it, I know I know, thinking is not your thing but still....)

Jesus, why is it that the liberals always have to explain what it means to the conservatives?
You probably should have read the bill before calling out someone else as being ignorent

ALLOWANCE OF CREDIT.—
5 ‘‘(1) IN GENERAL.—In the case of an individual
6 who surrenders a specified assault weapon to the
7 United States or a State or local government (or po-
8 litical subdivision thereof) as part of a Federal,
9 State, or local public safety program to reduce the
10 number of privately owned weapons, on the election
11 of the taxpayer there shall be allowed as a credit
12 against the tax imposed by this chapter an amount
13 equal to $2,000.
http://delauro.house.gov/images/pdf/...tsAct114th.pdf

Unfortunalty we can only turn on one assault weapon, I guess they are not worried about the dozen others I own. A plus is we can turn in stripped ar15 powers that run $50 a piece, not a bad investment if I do say so myself.

Old 04-06-2015, 11:27 PM

3,703 posts, read 4,852,685 times
Cool! I wonder what they call an assault rifle for this purpose? I wonder if my Mossburg 243 with a "scary" black stock on it would qualify and I could get a tax credit for 2 grand and buy a few nicer guns to replace it!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies