Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2015, 08:54 AM

5,756 posts, read 4,003,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Ddd - That was a really dumb statement that typifies the rabid Konservative Kristian attitude. Am I to consider the "rifle in my hand" to be a threat?
Well Greg isn't that what Dear Leader said?
When Christians fear something they have a bible in one hand and a gun in the other...get over it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2015, 08:58 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,234,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Most of his former church was white, but what do you mean by "white Christian message of the Bible"?
No most of his former church is not white.
Trinity United Church of Christ is a predominantly African-American church with more than 8,500 members.
Trinity United Church of Christ - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
While his former church is not white the denomination of the entire unites Christ is white.
But the church he ran worked at and preached in was predominantly black.
So lets keep facts straight.

Old 04-09-2015, 09:02 AM

89,124 posts, read 44,928,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Most of his former church was white
No. Trinity UCC in Chicago is a Black Liberation Theology church, which explains the hate that oozes from Obama's pores.

Rev. Wright in 2007:
"The vision statement of Trinity United Church of Christ is based upon the systematized liberation theology that started in 1969 with the publication of Dr. James Cone’s book, Black Power and Black Theology."
https://web.archive.org/web/20080905190421/http://www.tucc.org/talking_points.htm

Dr. James H. Cone on Black Liberation Theology:

"all white men are responsible for white oppression"
Black theology and black power - James H. Cone - Google Books+

"The goal of black theology is the destruction of everything white, so that blacks can be liberated from alien gods."
A Black Theology of Liberation - James H. Cone - Google Books

"The free per­son in America is the one who does not tolerate whiteness but fights against it, knowing that it is the source of human misery."

"Most whites, some despite involvement in protests, do believe in "freedom in democracy," and they fight to make the ideals of the Constitution an empirical reality for all. It seems that they believe that, if we just work hard enough at it, this country can be what it ought to be. But it never dawns on these do-gooders that what is wrong with America is not its failure to make the Constitution a reality for all, but rather its belief that persons can affirm whiteness and humanity at the same time."

James Cone's CV, listing him as the founder of Black Liberation Theology:
James Cone - Union Theological Seminary

Old 04-09-2015, 09:03 AM

Hey Greg Musliums carry swords with one hand and the Koran in the other when they fear ...and aren't afraid of using it either.
I on the other hand exercising my rights to say,do,defend my God given rights to stop anyone who interfers in my pursuit of happiness...

Old 04-09-2015, 09:06 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,837,665 times
So long as your "pursuits" remain within boundaries of secular law you can pursue whatever you wish. I could not care less.

Old 04-09-2015, 09:08 AM

12,045 posts, read 6,587,017 times
So according to Obama, do Muslims always "act with love????.

Old 04-09-2015, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
So long as your "pursuits" remain within boundaries of secular law you can pursue whatever you wish. I could not care less.
But its ok if Obama says it?
That Obama says stupid things all the time and gets a pass?
Like the k's in your posts refering i'm a racist?
All that you people have is the race card...

Old 04-09-2015, 09:12 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,851,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNTGRL0OJWQ

He asks, several times, how many Cone books Hannity has read. Let's see what Cone had to say in his book, "Black Theology and Black Power", (and if you paid attention, Wright kept talking about Black Theology):

(page 40)

(page 73)

(page 135)

You can find the book online for free, or you can buy it here: Black Theology & Black Power: James H. Cone: 9781570751578: Amazon.com: Books

Feel free to take a read. This is the book that Wright insists that we all need to read to understand where he is coming from. This is the person who stood at a pulpit and preached to a congregation that Obama stated that he went to. He doesn't get to denounce and pretend he didn't attend, when he was elected to Senate in 2004, he stated:

CNN.com - Transcripts

You are known by the company you keep. For anyone to try to deny this, and pretend Wright doesn't think this way, the pastor that Obama listened to, is either extremely ignorant, or is being extremely dishonest.
I have read several books of Dr. Cone. Have you actually read Dr. Cone's works?

When he claims that Malcolm X is not far wrong, he is disagreeing with Malcolm X.

A longer version of the second quote:

"Racism is a complete denial of the Incarnation and thus of Christianity...If there is any contemporary meaning of the Antichrist (or "the principalities and powers"), the white church seems to be a manifestation of it. It was the white "Christian" church which took the lead in establishing slavery as an institution and segregation as a pattern in society by sanctioning all-white congregations." [Black Theology and Black Power, p. 73]

Are you denying that some white Christians in the United States justified slavery based on there interpretation of Christianity?

Old 04-09-2015, 09:38 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,774,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus64 View Post
The 1st Amendment gives us the ability to say what we think and believe no one should be condemned for that.
Unless you are a Christian and/or disagree with Obama,... at that point you don't have 1st Amendment rights..

Old 04-09-2015, 09:54 AM

3,130 posts, read 3,078,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Obama lapdogs and/or anti-Christians and/or anti-religionists will applaud anything he says or does to admonish Christians.

Obama himself knew the Easter prayer breakfast was the wrong place, wrong time to lecture about Christians whose expressions are, in his opinion, less than loving. Even he knew he veered off topic, he should shut up.

Your regret that he doesn't 'call out' all religions is part of the double standard you Obama lovers/ Christian haters don't admit. Do you think he 'called out' Islam or Judaism when celebrating their holidays, expressed his concern for their falling short.
Grumble. When I go to communion, my pastor says that he is giving this to me "for the forgiveness of my sins." Yeah, he just called me a sinner, which means that I'm doing things that aren't loving at times. I should be offended, right?

I'm not. You know why? Because he's right. And Obama's right too, that he and everybody else who considers themselves Christian does things that aren't always loving.

Also, as I've said before, this was in a Christian specific context. It's irrelevant whether Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, Sikhs, Confucianism followers, Shintos, Wiccans, Animists, Atheists, Agnostics, or any other group does things that aren't loving at times (because they all do.) Obama was not talking to their audiences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies