Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 09:11 PM

3,864 posts, read 2,236,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Wow....how did an African get an English name? I could see if he name was Kwame Amoah......But Anthony Johnson sounds like a Slave name to me. How many white slaves did this African have?
Anthony Johnson (A.K.A "Antonio the negro") really did all that, and he had white and black indentured servants. It's interesting history, look it up.

He himself was an indentured servant, that was freed, and he chose the name Johnson.

Old 04-09-2015, 09:19 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,525,216 times
Meh more racial / tribal mentality brainwashing crap.

don't assume that everything that happens is because of your race, maybe people are scared around you simply because you look scary?

Old 04-09-2015, 09:20 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,840,761 times
Okay, here we go again.
One of the most important Black speakers in my studies of Black History In America while I was in college was Joseph E. Holloway.

Before I was introduced to this part of history by this gentleman .. I, as a black man carried the burden of hate for the white man too!

WHO was I to hate after learning that the Blacks were as responsible for my ancestor's slavery as any white men?

H#ll, How could a black man like myself justify the fact that a Black Man was responsible for legal slavery?

An excerpt from one of his papers:
Quote:
THE FIRST BLACK SLAVE OWNER--AND THE ORIGINS OF SLAVERY

“About the last of August [1619] came a Dutch man of Warre that sold us twenty negars.”

Among them was one called Antonio from Angola.

Later, we find that Antonio becomes Anthony Johnson.

Black slave owners have not been studied as a part of American history, rather as a datum to American history, and yet slavery as a perpetual institution is legalized based on a case brought before the House of Burgess by an African, who had been indentured in Jamestown, Virginia 1621 and was known as Antonio the Negro according to the earliest records.

He later Anglicized his name to Anthony. Anthony Johnson was believed to be the first Black to set foot on Virginia soil.

He was the first black indentured servant, the first free black, and the first to establish the first black community, first black landowner, first black slave owner, and the first person based on his court case to establish slavery legally in North America.

One could argue that he was the founder of slavery in Virginia.

Old 04-09-2015, 09:26 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,398,248 times
I honestly hate everyone I see in public equally. No fear just hate.

Old 04-09-2015, 09:26 PM

If you want to get educated about slave history and that the Obama look-a-likes were the largest of the owners .. go here and then we can have an intelligent (maybe) discussion!

The Black Slave Owners - SlaveRebellion.org

Old 04-09-2015, 09:28 PM

5,998 posts, read 3,740,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
This is the danger of not knowing history. This is nothing new....crime is just the current excuse. Here is an excellent, excellent article

As a nation we seem to have very short memories. Fear of the black man just didn’t start overnight, and it didn’t just happen during the course of our lifetime; like any singularity it has to have a beginning. Its origin has been embedded in this nation’s consciousness since the Nat Turner revolt; a pathological fear that the oppressed will one day rise up and inflict vengeance upon the oppressor.

White fear of Black men | Center for the Study of White American Culture

Moral blindness. Every single black person in the eyes of white people is the sign of a terrible crime from their ugly past, a reminder that their life is a fraud, that they are pretty much nothing more than armed robbers. But it is hard for them to simply own up to their past and make it right. Instead they deny, shift blame, lie, twist facts and make black people into these creatures that they look down on, laugh at and yet, oddly, fear. It is a failed attempt to be at peace with themselves. This is why whites need to give reparations more than blacks need to receive it.

I bow down to the last quote.....for it's veracity.
Yeah I'm not giving reparations to anyone.

Old 04-09-2015, 09:30 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,722,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
Okay, here we go again.
One of the most important Black speakers in my studies of Black History In America while I was in college was Joseph E. Holloway.

Before I was introduced to this part of history by this gentleman .. I, as a black man carried the burden of hate for the white man too!

WHO was I to hate after learning that the Blacks were as responsible for my ancestor's slavery as any white men?

H#ll, How could a black man like myself justify the fact that a Black Man was responsible for legal slavery?

An excerpt from one of his papers:
So....what does this CHANGE? Slavery lasted over 200 years and a legalized apartheid in America followed for another 100. So what percent of those 300 plus years does your example represent the general rule of the face of slavery?

Old 04-09-2015, 09:33 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,722,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
If you want to get educated about slave history and that the Obama look-a-likes were the largest of the owners .. go here and then we can have an intelligent (maybe) discussion!

The Black Slave Owners - SlaveRebellion.org
Don't forget that blacks also fought on the side of the confederacy. I guess black conservatives have been around longer than we thought. They were owning slaves and fighting for the confederacy

Old 04-09-2015, 09:38 PM

5,998 posts, read 3,740,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
In many cases, they haven't. However, I have been followed around in stores a few times. One woman called the police on me because I "looked" threatening. I didn't yell at her, or make a violent gesture. I wasn't dressed like a "thug" either. I just sighed and looked annoyed and walked off after being told a place wasn't hiring. Not the first time someone thought I "looked" threatening.

I got a little annoyed one morning due to a discrepancy with a check. I didn't yell. I just said in a very blunt manner "I need to get this done". No yelling, just me being a bit blunt. Again, no threatening gestures or "ghetto" way of dressing. Police called.

Since there was no proof of me actually threatening anyone or doing something violent, the police officer just shrugged it off. All I had to do was appear upset. I've seen people yell in stores and curse without so much as a call to the police. All I had to do on a few occasions was look upset.
So who do you blame for this condition?

Old 04-09-2015, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
So who do you blame for this condition?
green_mariner and others on this forum are only interested in continuing the largely popular Hate Whitey, slave owners and give us our due (reparations) arguments.

They in no way will ever admit that Black men (and Women) are out of control!
At every opportunity the Blacks, when they feel 'slighted' will riot, burn their towns and cities and then blame whitey!

Murders are up, murders of Blacks by Blacks is at a real time high and yet .. The Blacks focus on situations where a rare time event where a white police officer or 'White Hispanic' kills a Black man .. they shout from the rooftops and then burn their cities.

They are not interested in solutions .. only blame and hate!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies