Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2015, 02:18 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times

Advertisements

I do make sure I keep a close eye on young black guys with the thug look which wearing a hoodie when it;s a clear sunny day. lol So many young black guys are obsessed with wearing a hood on their head when it's not even needed so they can look cool? And this is coming a black guy who stands over 6 feet tall all because a lot of them carry that "hot stuff".

Old 04-11-2015, 04:11 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,464,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I can only speak for myself, I am not afraid of black men.

I am 5'7" and 118lb and I am a mixed white/asian girl. I always lived in a good neighborhood, my neighbor reminds me of Dr. Ben Carson. He is about the only black guy on my street.

My family owns several retail shops in the shopping malls, overwhelming majority of my black customers are very nice, overwhelming majority of my customers are nice.

My brother's best friend is a black guy, but he was a Marine.

Neighborhood context counts for a whole lot. There are very few black men in Midland, Mich, but the locals are not afraid of them because they're generally presumed to be executives at the Dow Chemical HQ.

Crime is concentrated among the "male, 18-24, not employed and not in school" demographic. Blacks have a younger average age than whites (higher birth rates and higher death rates), higher unemployment rate, and higher dropout rate; and thus are much more likely to be in that peak crime group. When people see a black man in a suit, they're not worried. A hoodie is a different story.

Old 04-11-2015, 05:00 AM

39,230 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Maude View Post
The solid truth is that....

a) Caucasians are perfectly able to deal with well behaved, educated black people. I'd be happy to hire a top-notch black engineer or scientist in any capacity.
b) Caucasians (and any other sane group of people) don't want to live around groups of blacks.
I must not be sane then,

or you perhaps have never heard of View Park–Windsor Hills, California

Bill O'Reilly once said, "the country is divided by class, not by race." true or not, he got a point there.

Old 04-11-2015, 05:44 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,709,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Given that whites do "economic violence" to blacks in America, I wonder why it is that non-American blacks all over the world are eager to move to the United States for economic reasons. Whites hold blacks back, yet blacks prosper in majority white nations. African Americans are better off economically than are blacks in any non-white country. How do you explain this seeming contradiction?
Well....if black on black violence is such a big problem in America....then why do black people from all over the world want to move here? You mean that want to be shot and killed?

Just so you know, the reach of white people goes well beyond the nations they demographically dominate. It's called imperialism my friend. It used to be known as colonization. Whites TOOK the valuable resources of Africa and other places and thus how can people in those nations prosper? Through years of struggle, racial economic violence has been "regulated" in the US. Hence, due to the regulation on exploitation in the US, the US goes oversees to commit it's economic violence and exploitation because most of those countries do not have laws against it....and 10 times out of 10....the people impacted are non white. You should read the book "Confessions of an economic hit man".

Old 04-11-2015, 06:02 AM

24,417 posts, read 23,070,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
To be fair: the hood rat tude really seems to dying out FAST with the younger Black ladies like as in more and more are starting to talk proper, getting educated and simply taking care of business. The decent Black dudes DON'T stand out like sore thumbs either. IMHO the hood rat thing will join Jim Crow in history within a few years. Just a hunch on my part.
>>> Ummm, no. I just read about a pack of girls in Stroudsburg who beat up a woman because she shushed them during a movie. They waited until the movie was over and then had friends join them and they jumped her. The Hood Rat 'tude is alive and well and gaining among both sexes. Its gaining in whites and Spanish as well, rest assured. Parenting is what's going the way of Jim Crow. Fast.
But one thing you can be sure of, single these punks out and stick them among a different race and they'll be as meek as church mice. Its only when they're not alone that they're emboldened and will gang up on lone persons.

Old 04-11-2015, 08:49 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
What do you think it would take for this type of reactionary prejudice to end? I'm not trying to badger you, I promise. I'm just curious to understand the point of view from "the other side" so to speak. From someone who's been mislabeled. And you're right; the hood rat doesn't care.
That's the thing right there: the "hood rat" doesn't care. IMHO the hardhead rats will either need to "age out", have a "Jesus moment" and start taking care of business, wind up in prison or just die. There NO magic potion to get them to start acting right.

Old 04-11-2015, 08:53 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Neighborhood context counts for a whole lot. There are very few black men in Midland, Mich, but the locals are not afraid of them because they're generally presumed to be executives at the Dow Chemical HQ.

Crime is concentrated among the "male, 18-24, not employed and not in school" demographic. Blacks have a younger average age than whites (higher birth rates and higher death rates), higher unemployment rate, and higher dropout rate; and thus are much more likely to be in that peak crime group. When people see a black man in a suit, they're not worried. A hoodie is a different story.
Agreed and; if I see a light skin dude wearing a hoodie when it's hot outside, I start watching him real close. I say "light skin" because many times I can't tell if the person here is anglo white, pasty skin Asian or "Hispanic" or even a bright skin "Black" dude.

Old 04-11-2015, 09:07 AM

67 posts, read 88,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I must not be sane then,

or you perhaps have never heard of View Park–Windsor Hills, California

Bill O'Reilly once said, "the country is divided by class, not by race." true or not, he got a point there.
This place is like 99% black and does not prove anything. The majority of Caucasians avoid black neighborhoods.

Old 04-11-2015, 09:08 AM

1,603 posts, read 1,113,771 times
Grew up in a majority black area. I was often "that one white kid you hang around with" for a decent chunk of my young life. I didn't even have white friends until I was 9.

I have been assaulted by blacks once in my life, I was about 10 or 11...I'd have pegged them for 14 or 15.

I was with my friend, who was also black who also got the crap kicked out of him. He had the bonus experience of getting robbed since he had cash on him whereas I had zilch at the time. Amazingly neither of us had our shoes stolen, which was in vogue at the time.

What can I infer from this except that some people are violent?

Old 04-11-2015, 09:13 AM

39,230 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNA1 View Post
This place is like 99% black and does not prove anything. The majority of Caucasians avoid black neighborhoods.
excuse me?

That poster posted this

) Caucasians (and any other sane group of people) don't want to live around groups of blacks.

I doubt ANYBODY would have problem living in View Park–Windsor Hills, California although the place has 99% black population.

Proves exactly that, most people have no problems with law abiding solid middle class or upper middle class blacks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies