Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2015, 05:25 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,309,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJDAY81445 View Post
Myself, I would rather have no friends at all rather than gay friends.
Hmmm guess you don't know that collectively speaking Gays make MUCH better friends and neighbors, have a higher standard of living, among many other facts you don't want to see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2015, 09:43 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
Hmmm guess you don't know that collectively speaking Gays make MUCH better friends and neighbors, have a higher standard of living, among many other facts you don't want to see.
JohnnyMack, that is not true. We had two different gay couples as neighbors. One couple was really nice people the other couple, the one was very nice but the other was loud, obnoxious and drank all the time. I also worked with gays and they were funny as hell, one was always pulling pranks, another was funny but had a cool personality. People of all colors, all genders, all preferences,.. each is their own person and I hate how democrat politicians and their useful idiots always want to classify people into groups, as if in one group the entire group acts a particular way or believes a particular belief, they do the same to republicans, an all or non, they tell me I believe things or hate people that I didn't even know I believed or hated, they're ridiculous lol. The only people that believe in unison are Obamabots who get their cues from the liberal media and parrot.

Old 04-17-2015, 10:35 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VJDAY81445
Myself, I would rather have no friends at all rather than gay friends.
why? gay are just like straight people. treat them with respect and they will return the respect. some get extreme, just like straight people do.

i dont pick my friends based on their race, religion, sexual preferences, or gender, etc., i pick them based on the content of their character.

Old 04-17-2015, 10:42 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
This is how being a bigot works. "Because he is of a certain race, he is no good. It doesn't matter that I don't know anything about him. I am going to treat him like dirt, and treat him like an outsider. He doesn't get to be an individual". That is bigotry in a nut shell. The individual doesn't count in the mind of someone who is a bigot.

Old 04-17-2015, 11:50 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
This is how being a bigot works. "Because he is of a certain race, he is no good.
Or has beliefs that lean right or a republican, he's a terrorist, that's liberal bigotry. If he/she is black and is a republican he/she is an uncle tom, don't they know they are supposed to be leftist... that's liberal bigotry.

Old 04-19-2015, 03:28 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
I believe it is wrong from a religious perspective. In an allegedly Christian nation, it is a violation of Biblical principle which will ultimately have serious repercussions.

Heaven would be segregated to people's liking, so if you can't deal with it down here, why expect to go anywhere that is integrated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Here is a pretty good nuance article by a white person on race in America. Breaks it down pretty well IMO. Speaks for itself if you have the time and inclination to read it.

White America’s racial illiteracy: Why our national conversation is poisoned from the start - Salon.com

This quote from the article exemplifies many of the responses that many of my fellow white people engage in on this forum.

"Individualism: Whites are taught to see themselves as individuals, rather than as part of a racial group. Individualism enables us to deny that racism is structured into the fabric of society. This erases our history and hides the way in which wealth has accumulated over generations and benefits us, as a group, today. It also allows us to distance ourselves from the history and actions of our group. Thus we get very irate when we are “accused” of racism, because as individuals, we are “different” from other white people and expect to be seen as such; we find intolerable any suggestion that our behavior or perspectives are typical of our group as a whole."

True...and many of them get offended if you correct their assumptions about your particular culture based on what they think your race is. They do it right here on this forum. When you correct them, they get angry. They push racial ideology on others, but only conveniently use it for themselves.

Old 04-19-2015, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbenator View Post
I see you ARE a coward. The Left expresses their bigotry all the time toward Christianity.

Tell us you HATE whites, Arabs, Muslims blacks or homos.

like I said, one if the Left's protected classes (blacks are the #1 Protected class BTW)
The Right is largely a disgrace to Christianity.

Old 04-19-2015, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Deuteronomy is part of the old Mosaic law which was essentially done away with for Christians via the new covenant with Christ.
Really?

Quote:
Matthew 5:17-20King James Version (KJV)

17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Have heaven and earth passed away? The entire Old Testament does not simply get thrown away.

Only the sacraficial/ceremonial laws specifically addressed in Colossians were blotted out as Christ became the sacrificial lamb, and certain laws for Israeli society are inapplicable.

Old 04-19-2015, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Except I think bigot is too strong a word for being human. Especially today, where individuals or groups are attacked by media and what not for being bigots, while the finger pointer act like they have no prejudices themselves.

I too, would prefer living in a mostly white neighborhood, mostly white town. It is not a hatred of non-whites that I choose this, it is the facts. In my experience, in all cases, neighborhoods are less safe, not as clean, etc if they are not a good percent white.

I admit, I have prejudice as well. Some would call me a bigot or racist for thinking this way, but through my experiences, I can not help it. There are a lot of characteristics of black CULTURE that I just do not like. Not the color of their skin, but their culture. And while it may not be all of them, this culture still seems to be rooted in a majority of them. That culture and mindset, goes hand in hand with why they bring down some neighborhoods and towns. It is my belief, the culture, this mindset many of them have to want to be different and have this attitude, is what holds them down and also has negative affects on their surroundings. Mostly, its their attitude. How they talk, carry themselves in public, how they talk to and raise their kids.

I live in a mostly white neighborhood. Its quiet mostly, safe. I get into town and its different, the percentage of black/non-whites goes up a lot. Its not necessarily dangerous, but its less clean, and just a less desirable place to be. I hate shopping in some areas due to how some people carry themselves and act. How they drive around, even adults, and think everyone should have to hear their "music" w/ N this and F that and N N N. I cant see how not liking that and calling it out for what it is, is bigotry. Because its not. Maybe its a prejudice, but it's a healthy prejudice to have imo.
People with the above unexposed, uneducated mentality are those I make all great efforts to avoid. But it seems like the nation is polluted with this.

I enjoy being around CULTURED people, not those who equate so-called race with culture. It is this kind of backward thinking that, for example, sent a parent in to correct a teacher who docked her daughter for writing tan assigned "story about your culture" because she assumed her culture based on color. How do such people end up being educators?

People who do not travel or even read tend to get confused or upset when you practice a culture different to the one they assume you should have based on skin color. Pretty much those who espouse the limited mentality above.

I do not want my children around such ignorant and uneducated types. All those kinds know is race. Race is their culture. Meaning that, they usually have no culture or concept of culture.

They look at you with dumb expressions when you play a type of music they have never heard because they think people with certain skin colors all listen to one type of music. Usually, their knowledge of geography is poor. Their language aptitude is poor.

Worst of all, they tend to be the ones who created and maintain the "the ignorant American" stereotype. These are the types I purposely stayed far from when traveling abroad during my schooling. These are the types that pollute children.

Where do you go to avoid the ignorance and utter stupidity?

Last edited by ReineDeCoeur; 04-19-2015 at 04:23 AM..

Old 04-19-2015, 09:41 AM

2,801 posts, read 2,309,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
JohnnyMack, that is not true. We had two different gay couples as neighbors. One couple was really nice people the other couple, the one was very nice but the other was loud, obnoxious and drank all the time. I also worked with gays and they were funny as hell, one was always pulling pranks, another was funny but had a cool personality. People of all colors, all genders, all preferences,.. each is their own person and I hate how democrat politicians and their useful idiots always want to classify people into groups, as if in one group the entire group acts a particular way or believes a particular belief, they do the same to republicans, an all or non, they tell me I believe things or hate people that I didn't even know I believed or hated, they're ridiculous lol. The only people that believe in unison are Obamabots who get their cues from the liberal media and parrot.

I guess those brain-dead Dittoheads are Obamabots or "liberals" too ??? The Bigot anti-gays are Obamabots too?? WOW talk about stereotyping ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies