Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 10:09 AM

950 posts, read 925,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by waviking24 View Post
Hillary will pick up the left, the female and the LGBT vote, along with anyone else who hates republicans. Basically the race is already over. So, how do you feel knowing the next President will be a woman?

in 2008, up until early January of that election year, it was a " given" that the election would be between Hillary and Rudy.

Study history.

Many times the candidate who got their pictured of the cover of Time magazine in February never became president.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2015, 10:16 AM

24,422 posts, read 23,084,509 times
I honestly don't believe TPTB want Hillary as POTUS. They didn't last time so they put an even bigger flunky in and bought her off. I believe they feel she's a liability and can't generate enough support to make it close enough to make it look legit.
They'll let someone else win, maybe for real this time, and then " set them wise". Hillary is damaged goods.

Old 04-13-2015, 10:26 AM

27 posts, read 18,164 times
I hear those hacks on CNN were wetting their pants with their faux excitement for Hillary! way to lose more of your already dwindling audience. We don't want her shoved down our throats. Stop pretending she is not a crooked lying, blood on her hands hack.

Old 04-13-2015, 10:32 AM

963 posts, read 690,144 times
Trying to sell Hillary again is like putting lipstick on a pig. She'll get her 40%, but she ain't gonna win against anybody!

Hillary: "In no ways tired"

A woman of the "common" folk!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBVzR8afMwM

Old 04-13-2015, 11:09 AM

3,320 posts, read 4,133,761 times
I don't think Hillary can win in 2016, the Clinton's have too much baggage, and looking at what happened in the 2014 mid terms, the momentum is with the republicans. Just some off the cuff thoughts, I think the republicans should continue working to build voter trust, I still think they are weak on economic and foreign policy issues, I haven't forgotten the no compromise position they took on the rollback of 2% GW tax cuts before the sequester, or GE not paying any taxes, or Mitt paying 13%, or the tendency for neocon types to over involve us in "foreign entanglements", lol.

We have plenty of back yard things to use our military for, such as border security, Cuba, Venezuela, I think concerning the Middle East, the only goal should be keeping the Saudi oil fields out of the hands of ISIS, that's it, everything else is a local problem to be worked out by countries in the region, and Europe has enough at stake for them to involve themselves there, if they have the will.

On the dem side of things, if Obama can beat Hillary, someone else can beat her too. How about Martin O'Malley ? I saw him on a local political show, and he comes off a lot more likable than Hillary. How about Joe Biden? No other candidate packs more entertainment value than him, even Hillary, I bet he could really chew some ass in a political debate, why not? I'm finding him more likable as of late, I can't explain it. On the republican side, I'm interested in Donald Trump, Rand Paul, or Paul Ryan, but I think Jeb Bush will get the nomination. It will be interesting to see how much hispanic vote Jeb Bush can pull.

Social issues, I favor the republicans and altho I'm not foaming at the mouth opposed to gay marriage, I worry about the next wave of homosexual and transgender political goals and how intrusive it might be to the 90% of the population that is not gay, issues such as gay and transgender teachers for example, transgender bathrooms, where does it end? I think the dem party needs to think more about everybody, not just blacks and gays, to broaden their appeal. I still see the democrats as very soft on crime, and capital punishment, which is needed in our justice system now more than ever.

Old 04-13-2015, 11:25 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,733,702 times

Old 04-13-2015, 11:31 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,755,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbenator View Post
Trying to sell Hillary again is like putting lipstick on a pig. She'll get her 40%, but she ain't gonna win against anybody!

Hillary: "In no ways tired"

A woman of the "common" folk!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBVzR8afMwM
yep and now that her daughter Chelsea who is a $600,000-a-year rookie correspondent at NBC has signed on as a key part of her mother’s campaign. Chelsea Clinton in high-priced clothing, jewelry and shoes, a Gucci dress, Mateo New York bracelet, Cartier bracelet, Garland Collection ring, Halleh ring....while discussing equal opportunity.

Another photo in a Derek Lam blouse, Stella McCartney trousers, Bulgari necklace, Tiffany & Co. bracelets, Trollbeads bangle, Garland Collection ring, Halleh ring, Brian Atwood pumps. A simple Cartier bracelet can cost over $5000.00

Yep for the little people.

Old 04-13-2015, 11:31 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,740,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waviking24 View Post
Hillary will pick up the left, the female and the LGBT vote, along with anyone else who hates republicans. Basically the race is already over. So, how do you feel knowing the next President will be a woman?
Presupposing inevitability is a great way to lose. The GOP has work to do and bridges to build, but the Dems should never be so smug as to assume that victory is inevitable.

Hillary has a lot of flaws. From unresolved scandals to ill-spoken remarks to destruction of evidence to "enough Bush and Clinton presidents already!" It's not certain how much that hurts her, but it might be enough to make her a tough sell to the American voter. I think the Dems would be wise to find somebody better. Sure, send a woman. That seems to be the next big novelty thing to do. But Hillary seems like a bad choice at this point.

Old 04-13-2015, 11:35 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,522,645 times
Unlike the phantom obama, who came across as somewhat likeable in 2008, Cankles is not liked by anyone outside of the ho-bagger brigade (which is incredibly small though vocal).

Old 04-13-2015, 11:41 AM

27 posts, read 18,164 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies