Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 06:16 AM

30,075 posts, read 18,682,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by waviking24 View Post
Hillary will pick up the left, the female and the LGBT vote, along with anyone else who hates republicans. Basically the race is already over. So, how do you feel knowing the next President will be a woman?

After Obama, the nation is essentially finished, so it is akin to re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. The nation is firmly in the hands of those who receive benefits from the federal government, so there is little hope of preventing the slide of the US into third world status.

I wonder what Hillary will do when she gets another 3:00 am phone call?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2015, 06:17 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,322,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
Hillary likely has enough skeletons in her closet that she shouldn't assume she's already got the nomination.

You also have to keep this in mind: Obama's approval rating are... less than impressive, though we've seen worse. Either way, how likely do you think it is that people will want to see a president who is not in the same party as Obama?

But indeed, Hillary does have a good chance. She'll likely make liberal use of the fact she's not a man, or at least her following will, just like Obama did with his race, which is still 50% white for anyone who forgets that.

I did have high hopes for Rand Paul, expecting his libertarian roots to attract some on the left, and maybe they will, but the media seems to have a thing for not making Rand look too good. Oh well, it's April 2015, quite a bit can change come the election in 2016. For all we know, Hillary won't even be a contender in a month.
I'm with you on Rand Paul. I haven't made up my mind on any of the candidates yet (except Hilliary; definitely a NO). We'll see how things shake out, but I definitely won't be voting for any Democrat. Never do, and I never will. We see the mess that they have made of our economy in the last 6 years. That's always the way with Democrats. Then it takes the Republicans to clean things up and make us prosperous again (Carter to Reagan/Bush).

Old 04-13-2015, 06:23 AM

963 posts, read 690,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Funny how you are so sure with the way the majority seems to feel about Hillary after lying and deceiving and not being very likable like her husband is.

After choosing the likable person and many having regrets you feel the majority will do the same.

Wow I feel that is an insult to peoples intelligence. But we will see who is right.
I'm perfectly happy with letting them have the fantasy.

It'll make her collapse so much sweeter to behold!

Old 04-13-2015, 06:28 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,865,913 times
Quote:
Hillary will pick up the left, the female and the LGBT vote, along with anyone else who hates republicans. Basically the race is already over. So, how do you feel knowing the next President will be a woman?
We will find out how good a President she will be. She would have to mess up drastically not to be elected. I seriously doubt she will do that.

Old 04-13-2015, 06:31 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,740,882 times
If the GOP has any brains in their collective heads they'd run a woman as well. Wouldn't hurt if that woman was a minority as well.

Old 04-13-2015, 06:41 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,550,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
After Obama, the nation is essentially finished, so it is akin to re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. The nation is firmly in the hands of those who receive benefits from the federal government, so there is little hope of preventing the slide of the US into third world status.
Agreed. The change comes via another collapse of the financial system.

Old 04-13-2015, 06:44 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,916,734 times
If Hillary wins the democratic nominee, the election is won but anything can happen in next sixteen months before the nominations are set.

Old 04-13-2015, 06:45 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,543,687 times
The GOP absolutely HAS to win the middle class voters over to prevent this further destruction of the America we once knew and loved from happening.

The GOP has to stop their support of corporate welfare and come out strong against out sourcing and they have to do a 180 on unions and become the supporter of union rights and drop their right to work support.

The GOP does not have to support gays and lesbians and tranny's and every other warped group out there. They can simply ignore them. Don't comment on any of that garbage ever. Just focus on real Americans and the future for their children.

What do Americans want? We want immigration under control. We want to know who is in the country, who is staying and for how long? The ones who are staying, we want them to be law abiding and we want them working and paying taxes. I don't think it's that much to ask.

We want GM to stop asking for bailouts from the taxpayers and then thanking us for the help by moving more jobs to Mexico and China.

We want our old country back, the one that took care of Americans first.

Old 04-13-2015, 06:48 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,916,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
If the GOP has any brains in their collective heads they'd run a woman as well. Wouldn't hurt if that woman was a minority as well.
There is only really Mia Love that fits that bill and I don't know if she is ready in regards to experience. That the whole thing that the electorate wants an effective more than a legislator for our next president.

Old 04-13-2015, 07:02 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,943,455 times
Quote:
What a joke.

You embarrass me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies