Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 06:33 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times

Advertisements

April 9, 2015 - Paul Blooms As Clinton Wilts In Colorado, Iowa, Virginia, Quinnipiac University Swing State Poll Finds
  • COLORADO: Paul 44 - Clinton 41
  • IOWA: Paul 43 - Clinton 42
  • VIRGINIA: Clinton 47 - Paul 43
Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's lead is wilting against leading Republican presidential candidates in three critical swing states, Colorado, Iowa and Virginia, and she finds herself in a close race with U.S. Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky in each state, according to a Quinnipiac University Swing State Poll released today. In head-to-head matchups, every Republican candidate effectively ties her in Colorado and almost all Republicans effectively tie her in Iowa.

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/news-and-e...ReleaseID=2184

That didn't take long...

Last edited by momonkey; 04-13-2015 at 07:44 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2015, 07:26 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,528,561 times
Got a link? I'd like to see who else they have against Clinton. I'm on the fence with Rand Paul. I do like Jeb Bush, except that he's a Bush. Paul has to win the nomination first, so these head-to-head matchups are a bit premature, which is why I'm asking for a link.

Old 04-13-2015, 09:05 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
I swear...some of you are a little too deep into politics. SMH

Way too early for this nonsense.

Old 04-13-2015, 09:13 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,528,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I swear...some of you are a little too deep into politics. SMH

Way too early for this nonsense.
Party-pooper!

Old 04-13-2015, 09:23 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,095,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
April 9, 2015 - Paul Blooms As Clinton Wilts In Colorado, Iowa, Virginia, Quinnipiac University Swing State Poll Finds
  • COLORADO: Paul 44 - Clinton 41
  • IOWA: Paul 43 - Clinton 42
  • VIRGINIA: Clinton 47 - Paul 43
Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's lead is wilting against leading Republican presidential candidates in three critical swing states, Colorado, Iowa and Virginia, and she finds herself in a close race with U.S. Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky in each state, according to a Quinnipiac University Swing State Poll released today. In head-to-head matchups, every Republican candidate effectively ties her in Colorado and almost all Republicans effectively tie her in Iowa.

2016 Presidential Swing State Polls Poll - April 9, 2015 - Paul Blooms As Clinton Wilts I | Quinnipiac University Connecticut

That didn't take long...
Are you kidding me? Paul won with a lead of 3 and 1 in Colorado and Iowa respectively, and lost by 4 in Virginia. 4 is the largest gap and in won in favor of Hillary. Paul did good in Colorado and it was close in Iowa, but let's not exaggerate this. Paul is not blooming while Hillary wilts. It's a pretty close race really.

And even if we subtract this to number of states one, how you present that result will change based on bias. I'm guessing you lean to the right. So you make it seem as though Paul and decimated Hillary's chances of even running. Yes if Hillary had one, your title would probably be something along the lines of 'Paul still a contender' or 'Paul not far behind Hillary.'

And I say this with preference to Rand Paul over Hillary Clinton.

Old 04-13-2015, 09:48 PM

34 posts, read 23,218 times
Yes, if the actual voting was done tomorrow.....
In related news, Paul spent the day today trying to get the polling places and ballot boxes open tomorrow.

SNL first did that joke decades ago. Paul will never make it to the actual nomination so this poll is based on a hypothetical that will not come to pass.

Old 04-14-2015, 02:04 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
Are you kidding me? Paul won with a lead of 3 and 1 in Colorado and Iowa respectively, and lost by 4 in Virginia. 4 is the largest gap and in won in favor of Hillary. Paul did good in Colorado and it was close in Iowa, but let's not exaggerate this. Paul is not blooming while Hillary wilts. It's a pretty close race really.

And even if we subtract this to number of states one, how you present that result will change based on bias. I'm guessing you lean to the right. So you make it seem as though Paul and decimated Hillary's chances of even running. Yes if Hillary had one, your title would probably be something along the lines of 'Paul still a contender' or 'Paul not far behind Hillary.'

And I say this with preference to Rand Paul over Hillary Clinton.

In February the Hildebeast was carrying all three of these swing states.

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/news-and-events/quinnipiac-university-poll/2016-presidential-swing-state-polls/release-detail?ReleaseID=2164

Old 04-14-2015, 03:55 AM

11,792 posts, read 5,798,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugg Mann View Post
Yes, if the actual voting was done tomorrow.....
In related news, Paul spent the day today trying to get the polling places and ballot boxes open tomorrow.

SNL first did that joke decades ago. Paul will never make it to the actual nomination so this poll is based on a hypothetical that will not come to pass.

Your right - the Republicans will never let that happen - they're too busy pushing Bush and Rubio. Rand is the only viable candidate for me unfortunately.

Old 04-14-2015, 12:05 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
No one is carrying anything yet. We're a year and a half out.

Old 04-14-2015, 12:06 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,653,986 times
Paul isn't winning the GOP. No way..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies