Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2015, 02:35 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,908,763 times

Advertisements

Plenty of gay people choose to be straight for fear of being ostracized if they were true to themselves. Many of them even have families. Who was that die hard bible thumper that got caught in a truck stop soliciting the company of another man? I forget his name but I remember him because he looks so weird.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2015, 06:15 AM

30,085 posts, read 18,698,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
I'm Sooo Bored of Being Gay - Breitbart

But the media narrative gets exposed...........Being gay is a behavior

I actually do not think so. Did you choose your sexuality?

If one had a "choice" one would choose to be a heterosexual, as life would be much easier than being gay.

My younger brother is gay. When he was 5-6 years old, he would play with Barbies, dress up in dresses with my sister, and threw a baseball like a girl. I don't think his sexuality was chosen at that time, but there was something going on that was clearly heading him in that direction.

Old 04-15-2015, 07:51 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,223,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Well, the owner's daughter apparently did not have training in handling gotcha questions from homo-fascist enabling lefty reporters, and just answered the questions as honestly as she could.

However, what was truly senseless was what came next.
Well now she knows how to not be an idiot.

Old 04-15-2015, 08:00 AM

45,642 posts, read 27,250,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billydaman View Post
I think all people should have the same rights, except violent felons. I do have question for gay people though. Whats up with the stereotypical gay personality (for lack of better word)? I have no problems with people who act this way, I really do not but I've always been curious on what makes them act that way....best I conclude its not a need to be feminine but rather a certain lack of masculinity, maybe? Is it a subconscious manifestation that the brain develops in order to attract other gay people? Best I can tell, people who have this stereotypical trait are natural and conformable expressing themselves, in other words, its easy to tell it was their natural state of being. With that said,gay females mostly do not possess this trait....of course there another stereotypical behavior or personality gay girls tend to favor sometimes and that's the "butch", short hair, obvious masculine appearance and such but its not as common from my observations.
My unscientific opinion...

Even if people in a relationship are the same sex, there is a need for a masculine figure, and a feminine figure. That's just what God put in us.

So more often than not - you will see a butch looking woman with a feminine woman - or a masculine man with a feminized man. Because our internal desire for an intimate relationship is such that the feminine want someone masculine... and the masculine desires someone feminine.

Old 04-15-2015, 08:17 AM

13,656 posts, read 20,797,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Sheryl Swoopes was on record in a Sports Illustrated article several years ago stating that she chose to be a homosexual for a few years, but has now gone back to men.
Ms. Swoopes' sexuality is obviously more fluid than most peoples'.

Mine on the other hand is rigid. I was born straight. Not gay, not bi. Straight. I did not come to fork in the road and choose it. No doubts, no pontification.

Why all this matters in the 21st Century is beyond me.

Old 04-15-2015, 08:18 AM

11,228 posts, read 8,317,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
thats the problem though. if someone wants to be gay, fine by me, go have a blast. however dont get in my face about it, and dont get upset when i oppose the lifestyle. one persons rights end where the other persons rights begin.
Most people will respect your right to voice an opinion. But when you overstep that right, and try to take away legal equality, then it's another thing. You have no more right to deny gays than you do blacks, jews, or any other group. That goes for cakes, insurance, business opportunity, and so on...

Old 04-15-2015, 09:00 AM

2,085 posts, read 2,144,240 times
Usually when stories like this are presented that prove some people just choose to be gay or straight, people start coming unglued and rambling about how women's sexuality is fluid and men's sexuality is static and so a woman could pick and choose her sexuality but a man is either born straight or gay...which is actually laughable once you remember that today, our society wishes to erase, or ignore any differences between men and women...except for when it comes to finding a convenient excuse to make everyone believe their sexuality is predetermined...then all of a sudden there is a night and day difference between men and women, if you let some people tell it.

Old 04-15-2015, 09:04 AM

68,342 posts, read 54,462,599 times
Person chooses to be gay......media ignores that....

The media also ignores all those millions apparently choosing to be straight, eh?

Or far more likely, one's sexual orientation isn't a choice.

Old 04-15-2015, 09:15 AM

13,656 posts, read 20,797,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Person chooses to be gay......media ignores that....

The media also ignores all those millions apparently choosing to be straight, eh?

Or far more likely, one's sexual orientation isn't a choice.
Exactly.

Old 04-15-2015, 09:18 AM

3,451 posts, read 7,059,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
My unscientific opinion...

Even if people in a relationship are the same sex, there is a need for a masculine figure, and a feminine figure. That's just what God put in us.

So more often than not - you will see a butch looking woman with a feminine woman - or a masculine man with a feminized man. Because our internal desire for an intimate relationship is such that the feminine want someone masculine... and the masculine desires someone feminine.
You must not be around gay couples that often. As a 60+ year old gay man I've not seen that very often.

Yes, it happens but it is not the norm with gay couples.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies