Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2015, 12:49 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,779,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
How about I just shut you off and put you on my ignore list? It would be much more productive and quite satisfying since you do not want to hear anything that is in contrast to what you are stating.

By the way: Here's a news flash for you..........you are using the very same byproducts of capitalism I am since you are also posting on this thread so shut off your computer (or the computer you are using) and cancel your internet connection and YOU practice what YOU preach.

You are spewing poo and if you had the situation we have in our lives you would not give up your cell phone either.

This is NOT a choice we have and I am not preaching just stating the facts of my life.
If you don't understand it, not my problem.
LOL, but I am not anti-capitalist. I don't mind someone else being rich if they took the risk of investing in the production of conveniences. I willingly pay them for their product or service. I knew I wanted a better life than a government handout a low skilled work would provide so I did what it takes to live the life I want. There are people who are more skilled than me and much richer than me but I don't have a problem with that. I'd rather live in todays time (with all the convenience as a result of capitalism) than have millions in a society that doesn't encourage people to dream and take risks, earning more money as a result.

That's the difference, the left professes hatred of capitalism but they sure use of the byproducts and services it provides in their lives. That's hypocritical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2015, 12:53 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,663,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Strange they don't get that corporate tax is just passed on to the end consumer.
You advocate for collecting zero taxes from corporations, then?

You trust those capitalists that much, to assume that if corporations didn't pay taxes everything we buy from them would be cheaper?

wow

Dream on, Dreamer!

Old 04-15-2015, 12:57 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,407,321 times
Quote:
For those who complain expecting the producers to pay more, you need a reminder.

You could have all of the money in the world in 1900 and not be able to watch television, avoid polio, or lessen the risk of dying from infection. You couldn’t fly anywhere in the world. You couldn’t pick up the phone and call family and friends, or, for that matter, hop onto Facetime and see them live or talk to people from all over the world.

Because of capitalism... people are encouraged to invent and produce, and by taking risks and IF "SUCCESSFUL" they contribute to society. I'd say that capitalist have contributed to making our lives better with modern day conveniences and nice things yet the complainers want these people who already contribute to give more and more. Now how do non-producers, people who with their hands out contribute to society? How do they make the rest of society better? Why do we give them a pass, letting them off the hook for even paying their own way in life while ranting against those who make our lives better?

Why don’t people ever stop to think about the absolute riches and modern day convenience we have in our lives because of capitalism?
The irony here of you listing the polio vaccine is hilarious. Apparently you are completely unaware of the history, or the fact that the inventor of it intentionally didn't patent it.

Old 04-15-2015, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
You advocate for collecting zero taxes from corporations, then?

You trust those capitalists that much, to assume that if corporations didn't pay taxes everything we buy from them would be cheaper?

wow

Dream on, Dreamer!
Did I say that? wow. It's amazing how people put words in our mouths. I believe that we need to pay taxes but not to support people who are too lazy or think the rest of society owes them because they exist. It's also hypocritical to say the left is for social justice when they tout dependency.

It is not social justice in taking from someone who worked hard to earn money to give to someone who refuses to work and/or contribute value to other people. It is not social justice to take money from people who prepared, who risked, who provide things and services other people want to give to people who refuse to do what it takes to increase their skills.

Anti-capitalism / Liberalism is not social justice, it's coddling and creating dependency and the entitlement attitude.

Old 04-15-2015, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
The irony here of you listing the polio vaccine is hilarious. Apparently you are completely unaware of the history, or the fact that the inventor of it intentionally didn't patent it.
The irony here is that you can read this post.

Old 04-15-2015, 01:03 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,537,139 times
Of course capitalism promotes efficiency, competition and innovation. I doubt anyone disagrees with that. But the attitude in the OP sounds more like something from feudal Europe, not 21st century America.

Capitalism does not promote balance. That's what people are complaining about - balance.

Old 04-15-2015, 01:05 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,313,415 times
Quote:
LOL, but I am not anti-capitalist. I don't mind someone else being rich if they took the risk of investing in the production of conveniences. I willingly pay them for their product or service. I knew I wanted a better life than a government handout a low skilled work would provide so I did what it takes to live the life I want. There are people who are more skilled than me and much richer than me but I don't have a problem with that. I'd rather live in todays time (with all the convenience as a result of capitalism) than have millions in a society that doesn't encourage people to dream and take risks, earning more money as a result.

That's the difference, the left professes hatred of capitalism but they sure use of the byproducts and services it provides in their lives. That's hypocritical.

The difference is that not everyone puts a label on themselves with a political slant.

You never did answer the question I posted earlier though...........

Do you own your own business, are you a "producer"
or

do you have your hand out to someone else come payday?

The mild entertainment from your conflicting post has worn off, I do wish you everything you deserve in your lifetime.

Old 04-15-2015, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Of course capitalism promotes efficiency, competition and innovation. I doubt anyone disagrees with that. But the attitude in the OP sounds more like something from feudal Europe, not 21st century America.

Capitalism does not promote balance. That's what people are complaining about - balance.
Balance? How can there be balance if half the people refuse to do what it takes to be part of that balance. Instead they don't and then expect the other half that did to give to them.

Unbalance is created by people who refusing to acknowledge that if anyone can do it, then your likely to be on the low end of that balance if you don't do anything to be on the other end you won't be. By not putting forth the effort or providing the value you are contributing to this imbalance.

Last edited by petch751; 04-15-2015 at 01:15 PM..

Old 04-15-2015, 01:15 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,455,959 times
Quote:
For those who complain expecting the producers to pay more, you need a reminder.

You could have all of the money in the world in 1900 and not be able to watch television, avoid polio, or lessen the risk of dying from infection. You couldn’t fly anywhere in the world. You couldn’t pick up the phone and call family and friends, or, for that matter, hop onto Facetime and see them live or talk to people from all over the world.

Because of capitalism... people are encouraged to invent and produce, and by taking risks and IF "SUCCESSFUL" they contribute to society. I'd say that capitalist have contributed to making our lives better with modern day conveniences and nice things yet the complainers want these people who already contribute to give more and more. Now how do non-producers, people who with their hands out contribute to society? How do they make the rest of society better? Why do we give them a pass, letting them off the hook for even paying their own way in life while ranting against those who make our lives better?

Why don’t people ever stop to think about the absolute riches and modern day convenience we have in our lives because of capitalism?
Conveniently leaving out all the SUBSIDIES afforded by capitalism.

All this R&D did not happen in a vacuum. Tesla, Verizon, you name it.....

Old 04-15-2015, 01:16 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,537,139 times
Quote:
Balance? How can there be balance if half the people refuse to do what it takes to be part of that balance. Instead they don't and then expect the other half that did to give to them.

Unbalance is created by people who refusing to acknowledge that if anyone can do it, then your likely to be on the low end of that balance if you don't do anything to be on the other end you won't be.
Okie-doke, petch. Don't quit your day job. Economics just isn't your forte.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies