Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2015, 03:09 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,632,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
And the gun nuts tremble in fear when you put restrictions on their gunz... Gotta love the gunz and godz crowd....

See how easy it is to generalize?
Actually, I was pretty specific. At least that was my intention. Pardon me if I was ambiguous, in the type of people I was referring to. The ones who just can't stand the second amendment, get apoplectic at the thought of ANYONE having personal firearms, use termswith sexual connotation to describe everyone who owns guns. Them folks.

That's being far less general than you. And, the fact remains, the SO in this OR location, and a few others , from the look of things, is still not going to enforce this law, so dear to the hearts of the aforementioned, types I degeneralized. . Should I just say "nanny nanny boo boo"? Terms that leftist, anti gun Looney tunes, can understand better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2015, 03:10 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
I know it's a right wing belief that Obama does all these unconstitutional things, but it's simply not true. It's up to the Supreme Court to decide that and there's a reason why no one has actually tried to impeach Obama.
Too afraid of being called a racist.

Old 04-25-2015, 03:10 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
This administration doesn't enforce laws they don't like...why should the rest of the country?
Bingo just following the lead of POSTUS and his henchmen.

Old 04-25-2015, 03:12 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,331,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post

Personally, I think it's dangerous for any level of law enforcement to pick and choose which laws they enforce.
I agree. But the fish rots from the head. Obama hasn't taken his presidential oath seriously, and the boss sets the example.

Old 04-25-2015, 03:13 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,119,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
How do you verify ownership of a gun which has never been registered? There are millions of heirloom firearms in this country which have been passed down from generation to generation and which have never been registered. Again, logic states that keeping someone from selling one of these firearms to another individual is the next thing to impossible. So, again, how do you enforce this law without putting an officer in every home?
By hoping those folks do the right thing and register their firearms?

Quote:
BTW, don't bother suggesting a national registry. The likelihood of getting one
is about the same as the likelihood that gun bans will stop criminals from
owning firearms.
Criminals will always break the laws, do our murder, robbery, and rape laws prevent them from happening? So what's your point?

A national registry would be a smart step, but I agree it's not likely.

Quote:
ETA: You are correct in part though. The law was not meant to be enforced. It's just another example of feel-good legislation which gives the anti-gun crowd a chance to say "Look, we did something about guns," even though the law is absolutely unenforceable.
It would be enforcible if people would voluntarily register. But paranoia and NRA membership seems to be correlated.

Old 04-25-2015, 03:14 PM

11,142 posts, read 10,713,172 times
Quote:
I know it's a right wing belief that Obama does all these unconstitutional things, but it's simply not true. It's up to the Supreme Court to decide that and there's a reason why no one has actually tried to impeach Obama.
Hate to break it to you, but Obama and Holder both stated their intention to not enforce certain federal laws. Constitutional or not, you can't push to hold one person on a local level accountable for doing something that the so-called leader of the country is also doing - unless you also call for said leader to be held accountable. Doing so makes you a hypocrite.

Old 04-25-2015, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Then why wasn't Holder fired? Why hasn't your idiot hero infesting the WH resigned?

Same thing.
Quote:
In part I agree with you.

The other part is why are we letting an idiot infesting the WH interpret the Constitution his way? He doesn't have that authority.
Quote:
I do it all the time when it comes to liberal lunacy.
Quote:
Obama did.
Have you ever considered your beliefs might be incorrect......?

Old 04-25-2015, 03:16 PM

11,142 posts, read 10,713,172 times
Quote:
By hoping those folks do the right thing and register their firearms?

Criminals will always break the laws, do our murder, robbery, and rape laws prevent them from happening? So what's your point?

A national registry would be a smart step, but I agree it's not likely.

It would be enforcible if people would voluntarily register. But paranoia and NRA membership seems to be correlated.
So, you have no idea how to enforce this law, but you want the sheriff to enforce it anyway. That makes perfect sense....

Old 04-25-2015, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Too afraid of being called a racist.
Maybe, or maybe they don't have anything to go on.....

Old 04-25-2015, 03:18 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
Have you ever considered your beliefs might be incorrect......?
Have you ever considered you are wrong?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies