Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2015, 11:04 PM

8,632 posts, read 13,003,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
Does this mean that you are not currently enslaved and oppressed?
Why do you keep on baiting me? I told you I don't want to make this thread about me.

Old 04-30-2015, 11:26 PM

2,686 posts, read 1,771,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
Why do you keep on baiting me? I told you I don't want to make this thread about me.
I am not "baiting" you. Let me ask you this instead, two questions so you will know exactly where I am going. Are you - to use your own words - a black man in America? If so, and if you are not enslaved or oppressed, then why make those claims? See, it is not about you, it is about a representative black man in America(one who represents the whole).

Old 04-30-2015, 11:33 PM

2,686 posts, read 1,771,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
There are millions of black people in this country who are doing quite well. They have excellent diction, embrace high educational achievement, live quietly with no criminal inclination, and are devoted to their SOs and/or families. They are working in the profession that they went to school for, and are raising their kids to do same. They are simply people, who happen to be black. The commonality they share with others, is not centered around race. They are called "uncle toms" within a certain segment of the black community, and it is quite a shame.

Those who don't fit the above description, that segment of black people who would rather embrace thug and hip-hop rather than high educational achievement, those who would rather riot than read, those who are content to underachieve, rather than developing character, intelligence, humility, education, and family, are part of the problem. America is sick of this segment, regardless of race.
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
This is the first post I can remember that you have posted that I can agree with.
From what I have read of that member's post, it is the first one that makes a lick of sense.

Old 04-30-2015, 11:35 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
I already provided examples showing some forms of systematic oppression. I have created other threads that address issues in the Black community. I've said this already, but systemic oppression is passed down generation after generation. Also have you ever heard of mental slavery? You don't need chains for that.
You have provided "opinion" not examples. A clear example requires cause and effect and you have not done this with any example. For example the statement
"systemic oppression is passed down generation after generation"
is not only an opinion, it is a generalization that is irrelevant to your claims of "Black Oppression at the Hands of Whites" mime that you repeat in post after post. Furthermore when given examples that counter this, your response is either insult, or you completely ignore it.

You have no proof of this, and it belies common sense because it completely ignores the millions of Whites born an raised who then fought and even died to change the system.

Old 04-30-2015, 11:47 PM

10,829 posts, read 5,436,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
That's not true. The black people that go to college, get jobs at major corporations, etc., work hard to get there.
Yes, they work hard.

But they still enjoy racial preferences that favor blacks and Latinos over whites.

From the post I responded to, you would think that corporations, universities and government discriminated against blacks.

In fact, the opposite is true.

They discriminate against whites.

Old 04-30-2015, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Black men currently have a great situation. If they decide to apply themselves, they are given every preference imaginable from scholarships, admission to universities whites and Asian of much better qualifications would not be, preference in employment, preference when laying off, promotions. If they don't decide to apply themselves, they just spread their seed all over and have other people pay to raise the kids they fathered. Then when one of their kind kills himself in police custody, you get to tear up, burn, and rob the city you're located in are go to wherever the latest destruction party is.

Or as Chris Rock said, if you don't want to get in trouble with the police, don't commit the crime and get yourself some white friends.
Well said.

The pity party is beyond tired.

Old 05-01-2015, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie Jenkins View Post
More oversimplifications and cliches from closet racists......
If pointing out the truth makes you racist, then the word "racist" doesn't mean anything anymore.

Quote:
This is irrelevant as the majority of whites voted for McCain in 2008 and Romney in 2012.
If whites were as racist as some make them out to be, Obama would not have been elected twice. Whites are still the majority in this country.

Quote:
You say this like the majority of blacks are criminals or welfare recipients. Statistically, they/we aren't.
Relative to their percentage of the population, they sure get a lot of welfare.

Quote:
This is just nonsense. It's the reactionary paranoia of right-wing trolls that makes you believe a black man can get hired or admitted over a more qualified white or Asian person, because that isn't reality.
Yes, it is. Case in point: the University of Michigan giving each freshman applicant from zero to one hundred points, with blacks getting an automatic 25 points just for being black. That kind of favoritism is very common, whether it has to do with college admissions, faculty hiring, government hiring and promotion, corporate hiring and promotion, and government contracting. If you make the minimum effort to succeed, doors will open to you that won't open for other people. That's been true for decades.
Quote:
The reality is that white women are and have always been the primary beneficiaries of affirmative action.
Not true.

Old 05-01-2015, 12:54 AM

Quote:
So now we have people saying that slave labor didn't have a huge effect on the American economy.

It's comments like this that make me embarrassed to be an American. smh
Uh, that was 150 years ago, when slavery was practiced by all races throughout the entire world.

Are you ever going to stop making excuses?

Old 05-01-2015, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
This is racist because it ignores that whites have "rioted" against blacks for 300 years. How did whites earn all their wealth, despite all the amoral things whites were doing to blacks and Native Americans? Yet, when blacks do amoral things NOW you want to suggest this amorality is why blacks are not treated like everyone else and that white folks EARNED the way they are treated because they have behaved better. BS!!! You have behaved FAR WORSE!!!

Again, another classic example of what Gwilly is saying. Black people cannot get a fair break, when whites make the HISTORY of all their wrong doing....off limits.
Blacks in Africa had slaves and sold them to Arabs and Europeans.

Please stop with the pity party.

Whites did not get ALL their wealth from slavery. And most whites in this country are descended from people who weren't even in this country during slavery. Another large percentage was not in the south.

Now you have welfare, section-8 housing, free school breakfasts, free school lunches (even during the summer in California), affirmative action racial preferences, etc. You are permanently stuck in a victim/entitlement mentality. My own feeling is all the welfare and preferences should be cut off and cops should simply de-police the ghettos and let them riot and burn and destroy all they want. Maybe then, personal responsibility will start to take root. It's not happening now, that's for sure.

Old 05-01-2015, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Everything you just said was designed to obfuscate and deflect from the conversation going deeper into your beliefs about blacks and whether or not you see blacks, in general, as inferior. The first thing I want to establish, before any more back and forth with you, is a demonstration of your position on racial supremacy and inferiority.
If a group doesn't want to be seen as inferior, then it shouldn't act inferior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies