Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2015, 12:54 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,941,887 times

Advertisements

Science of what, that homosexuality is perverse act against nature?

Hey, you wanna do whatever you want in a corner with a good buddy and I'm fine with that but up yours with the demand that I have to accept it as normal because I don't.

Old 05-03-2015, 01:00 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,761,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
The real problem is that it shouldn't even matter if it's a choice or not.
This.

Old 05-03-2015, 01:03 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,761,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post

Hey, you wanna do whatever you want in a corner with a good buddy and I'm fine with that but up yours with the demand that I have to accept it as normal because I don't.

No one says you do.

What I say is that the government has no compelling public purpose in prohibiting it.

Old 05-03-2015, 01:17 PM

1,294 posts, read 1,121,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
Well once you come down from that question you just jumped over, let me ask you this: why would anyone choose to be gay in this world? I mean, the fact that gay people even exist in places like Saudi Arabia is basically proof that homosexuality isn't a decision.
That's a false question. You may as well ask why would anyone choose to shoot heroin into their veins? The answer for both is the same, because they like it. But just because they like it doesn't make it behavior that others should be forced by law to accept.

Old 05-03-2015, 01:32 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,097,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post

No one is forcing you, just as you don't have to believe in evaluate or gravity. Being scientifically informed is optional, though highly recommended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last1Out View Post
That's a false question. You may as well ask why would anyone choose to shoot heroin into their veins? The answer for both is the same, because they like it. But just because they like it doesn't make it behavior that others should be forced by law to accept.
They're gay because they like it? Great. Why do they like. Or better, let's compare you're heroin example: people usually like heroin because it's a hard enough drug to get them the high they want, where as other drugs don't take them to that level. Once it becomes an addiction, they aren't necessarily "choosing" to do heroin anymore; they feel like they have to. But they did choose to do other drugs at one point, and eventually leading them to the end result. Whereas people who are gay just are. It's just the way they are. So yes, they may indeed like the same sex, but to compare the two is basically you publicly saying you don't understand one or both to the things you were comparing. Frankly, I'm guessing it's both.

Old 05-03-2015, 02:04 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,819,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last1Out View Post
This is an example of the fundamental misunderstanding conservatives have regarding homosexuality. People choose to try Heroin and they like the high. They then become addicted so their body has to have it. They can choose to stop heroin, go through the withdrawals, and be free from it. Gay people on the other hand are what they are. Even if they never have a same-sex relationship, they are still attracted to the same sex.

Old 05-03-2015, 02:24 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,316,736 times
I think that there's no way to convince most people to be obsessed with homosexuality, no matter how many loudmouths seem to think that we should be, for whatever reason.

Old 05-03-2015, 02:27 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,233,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
One of the biggest barriers to LGBT rights in America is the fact the two sides disagree over what homosexuality even is.

In the eyes of many conservatives, homosexuality is a lifestyle choice. Because it's a choice, they believe its their right to discriminate against those who make that choice. To them, marriage equality isn't equality, its a special privilege granted to those who choose a relationship other than that of the norm. To them, the homosexual could simply marry someone of the opposite gender and would be equal. The thing is, if their definition of homosexuality was correct, they would have some very valid points.

However, science tells us something different. It tells us that sexual orientation is an immutable, unchangeable trait. It tells us that it isn't any different from gender or race. Sexual orientation, like gender identity, is at the core of who a person is. Even if a gay man never has a relationship with another man he is still gay. Therefore, refusing to serve them or allow them to marry because of an immutable characteristic is in fact discrimination on the same level as race or gender discrimination. Conversion therapy does not work because you cannot change an immutable characteristic. Even ex-gay "success stories" will usually admit they still experience some degree of unwanted same-sex attraction. If the conservatives were right and it was a choice, why would that be?

Until conservatives are willing to accept the science that says sexual orientation is an immutable trait, they will not support LGBT rights. They will cling to the idea that its a choice to justify their discrimination and disgust.
I consider it a birth defect.

The brain damaged have the same rights as anyone else.

Old 05-03-2015, 02:33 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,972,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
One of the biggest barriers to LGBT rights in America is the fact the two sides disagree over what homosexuality even is.
Until conservatives are willing to accept the science that says sexual orientation is an immutable trait, they will not support LGBT rights. They will cling to the idea that its a choice to justify their discrimination and disgust.
I don't have a problem with any of this. What I see is a problem is the actual blockage in the way that humans think. We literally have a wall in the way that we think which is why we have discourse, debate, and disruption. If we all thought the same, the world would never be as such....

Prostitution and adultery is the oldest in the business. But yet somehow, people can't seem to understand that having multiple sexual relationships can actually be healthy. It's the "vows" part that gets us all in a moral bang. If it wasn't for the vows and promises, there wouldn't be such a thing as "cheating".

As I always refer to, we can have 2 hairy chested men going at it and it is fine BECAUSE SCIENCE SAID SO. But let me love my wife and children but want a side piece with no strings attached, all hell brakes loose.... Nevermind all the past presidents and elected officials being caught.

Fine, it's all good. You can have your LGBT rights but prostitution and side pieces will be also legalized just as well. Each stay in their own corner.

But it can't happen because humans have a mental blockage that prevents reasoning....

"Others have reasoned that since many animals are promiscuous, and since man is merely an ape without fur (having a primarily physical, not a spiritual, aspect), then it follows that mankind’s tendency to cheat has “biological underpinnings.” Adultery, to a certain extent, becomes a biological imperative.
But animals never take vows or make promises".

Old 05-03-2015, 02:34 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,330,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I consider it a birth defect.

The brain damaged have the same rights as anyone else.
Oh such an opening...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies