Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2015, 11:26 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,496,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by metroxian View Post
I would think that science would be the appropriate avenue to pursue in a sexual orientation / gemder identity by using means necessary to correct the issue at hand by transgendering. Then a gay man become woman is welcome to pursue all the orientation satisfaction she desires. Normalcy at its greatest efficiency.

That should be a principle goal of the PPACA.
Another ignorant post. Gay men do not feel like women, being gay is not the same as transgendered and a gay man becoming a woman is not going to make a gay man a woman.

Old 05-03-2015, 11:35 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,526,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
In one sense you are right. Homosexuality is not "normal" in the mathematical or statistical sense. It is not normal to have blond hair or stand over 6'3" tall or have an IQ over 150 either. Gay folks, along with Bisexuals (which I suspect have much larger numbers than people give credit for) and Transgender people are still in the minority. No one disputes that.

However the wit Dorothy Parker once said: "Heterosexuality is not normal, just common."

You are entirely wrong and misinformed if you believe it is not "natural" however ... it is perfectly natural. It occurs in scores of species in the animal kingdom. If we are talking about human beings I can assure it has existed throughout the centuries and even millenia and has been found in every society and country around the world.
Pedophilia and bestiality existed all that time as well. By the way, according to the CDC homosexuals make up only 2.3% of our population, which means 97.7% are not homosexual. So if that is your idea of common, it is not a very common statistical interpretation of these numbers.

As far as it being normal, I have seen dogs hump people's legs before in what appears to be a sexual act. If you think that is normal, then probably everything is normal to you and nothing is abnormal. In which case, the concept of normal and abnormal fail to contain any relevant meaning in your mind.

Old 05-03-2015, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
Sexual orientation is not behavior. Being gay is not a choice, the definitive should be the people themselves who say they did not choose to be gay. The only ones who claim it is a choice are the anti gay folk, because then they can discriminate against us.
I posted this before, but since you apparently missed it, here it is again:

First of all, "science" has not demonstrated that the desire to engage in homosexual conduct is genetically based. On that, you are flatly mistaken, regardless of what someone told you on MSNBC or some extreme far-left blog.

Second, to the extent that this is a scientific hypothesis, which it certainly is, science has also come to the same conclusions about gambling, alcoholism, and of course other sexual tendencies like pedophilia, bestiality, etc. These are all temptations that people who have them appear to have from early days, and in most cases, those temptations may be denied and constrained, but they usually never entirely go away.

We are all tempted without any choice that we can discern, but we choose to act on our temptations. The temptation is not the sin, the action is. It is not the desire that is the sin, as most people have very limited controls over their desires. It is the fulfillment of those desires that is the sin.

Virtually nobody is refusing to serve homosexuals based solely on their sexual "orientation", as I am confident you are well aware. As far as homosexual "marriage," there is no such thing. There never has been and there never will be, this current bizarre homosexual "marriage" fad notwithstanding.

Whether the desire of homosexuals is immutable or not, I do not know. However, there is no solid science that backs that assertion up the way that you have cavalierly insisted that it does.

Nevertheless, just like other types of temptations, such as gambling, alcoholism, and of course other sexual tendencies like pedophilia, bestiality, etc.; just because the temptation is there, that does not justify the conduct. Just because we feel like doing something, that does not make it right or alleviate its status as a sinful behavior.

Old 05-03-2015, 11:55 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,819,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Gays have more sex with more people when they are ashamed of being gay and trying to keep it a secret?
Gays in the closet are denied the option of having a lifelong, committed same-sex partner. Because of that, many times they resort to random hookups with strangers in order to fulfill their sexual urges.

Old 05-03-2015, 11:58 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,794,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
Well once you come down from that question you just jumped over, let me ask you this: why would anyone choose to be gay in this world? I mean, the fact that gay people even exist in places like Saudi Arabia is basically proof that homosexuality isn't a decision.
Why do people choose to be pedophiles?
Why do people choose to engage in bestiality, sadomasochism and sodomy?

Are you saying they too are born that way?

I believe there are a lot of screwed-up people with raging hormones and desires who are too weak to control themselves.

Science can prove and disprove anything a scientist wishes to prove or disprove. Funny how anyone who questions science is vilified; the same as those who believed the earth was not flat and just as they have been over the last 2000 years. The irony is that most of that science has been disproved since, just as the pseudo-set-in stone-science of today will be disproved in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Gays in the closet are denied the option of having a lifelong, committed same-sex partner. Because of that, many times they resort to random hookups with strangers in order to fulfill their sexual urges.
Nonsense! I am acquainted with a couple of life-long partners who never hid anything from anyone. I am talking about couples of a more advanced age, who lived through the REAL bigotry of the 60s/70s.

Shhhh.... come closer... there are no more closets to hide in. The word is out, and so are LGBT. The only closets left are the parents who refuse to accept them.

Last edited by steven_h; 05-04-2015 at 12:08 AM..

Old 05-04-2015, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Nevertheless, just like other types of temptations, such as gambling, alcoholism, and of course other sexual tendencies like pedophilia, bestiality, etc.; just because the temptation is there, that does not justify the conduct. Just because we feel like doing something, that does not make it right or alleviate its status as a sinful behavior.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
But that's not the pertinent issue.

Two consenting adults. Do you really want your government to be regulating what they are doing?
Nope. Nor do any other Christians or conservatives that I am aware of. In fact, the state of Texas had a law against sodomy on its books for something like a hundred years, and never attempted to enforce it even one time.

What I want, and what most other Christians and conservatives would like is to not be forced to dwell on this offensive subject - neither us, nor our families, and especially not our children.

In any case, the divide between the homosexual temptation, which is not a choice, and the homosexual conduct, which is a choice, is really a key part of this issue.

Old 05-04-2015, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
Were you born straight, was your sexual orientation a choice? That is all you straight people have? We gays know we did not choose to be gay, we know we are not mentally ill or degenerate. You should be ashamed of yourselves for the way you treat gay people, it is sick.
You are making a statement (rant) to all straight people as if they should be ashamed? Really?

I'm heterosexual and most of my friends are straight, but I've never once heard any of them make a derogatory remark toward gays. The only confrontation is the marriage/union issue. If civil unions hold the exact same status as marriage, then why is there a problem differentiating the two?

Seems to me it's more a case of shoving it down traditional societies throat more than getting to the actual status of equality.

Old 05-04-2015, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Why do some people agonize so much over homosexuality, while not fretting over adultery, even though committing adultery was worthy of the punishment of death in the bible. Also adultery breaks up a lot of families from the divorces it results in. Yet, a number of people believe it's a lot more important to be concerned over homosexuality in society. All I can figure out to explain this phenomenon is that people find the sex acts that homosexuals do to be a hell of a lot more offensive than the sex acts that heterosexuals do every time they commit adultery. And so it's the deep offense some people get from homosexual sex acts that drives this hyper concern over homosexuality.
Because people are not broadly trying to make the case that adultery should be socially accepted.

Certainly there is not an adultery group that is equivalent to the anti-Christian homosexual bullies group that worked to get the CEO of Mozilla (Firefox) fired for having financially supported Prop 8 - the traditional marriage referendum that voters approved in California in November 2008, at the same time that Barack Obama was elected, when he still supported the traditional definition of marriage; or that terrorized the owner of Memories Pizza in Indiana just a few months ago for expressing a hypothetical unwillingness to cater a homosexual "wedding" (He does serve homosexuals regularly in his store though to this very day).

Adultery is a problem and the vast majority of people in this country agree with that. The leftist campaign to mainstream homosexuality is being objected to as loudly as it is because of the extremely rude, obnoxious and highly offensive way that it is being supported and forced on people in our society. If anyone thinks people are ever going to universally accept homosexuality and homosexual "marriage" as a something approaching a civil rights issue, rather than as the sin and debauchery issue that it is, you are going to be sorely disappointed.

Old 05-04-2015, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Nope. Nor do any other Christians or conservatives that I am aware of. In fact, the state of Texas had a law against sodomy on its books for something like a hundred years, and never attempted to enforce it even one time.

What I want, and what most other Christians and conservatives would like is to not be forced to dwell on this offensive subject - neither us, nor our families, and especially not our children.

In any case, the divide between the homosexual temptation, which is not a choice, and the homosexual conduct, which is a choice, is really a key part of this issue.
Very good post with reasonable assertions and common sense.

I wouldn't want a prostitute forcing me to read about her Johns daily. I wouldn't want my straight friends discussing their sexual exploits daily. Yet just about every gay person I've known makes it a point to, if not directly, indirectly elude to his gayness constantly. Lesbians on the other hand tend not to.

Such subjects simply aren't normal conversation on a daily basis.

Old 05-04-2015, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Adultery is a problem and the vast majority of people in this country agree with that. The leftist campaign to mainstream homosexuality is being objected to as loudly as it is because of the extremely rude, obnoxious and highly offensive way that it is being supported and forced on people in our society. If anyone thinks people are ever going to universally accept homosexuality and homosexual "marriage" as a something approaching a civil rights issue, rather than as the sin and debauchery issue that it is, you are going to be sorely disappointed.
I'd put forth the notion that if they keep pushing hard enough... they'll stretch the rubber band of acceptance too far and it'll snap back.

People have a tendency to say they've had enough, especially when they've been constantly charged with a thing they were never guilty of. These things nearly always end with a "phobe" these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies