Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2015, 07:11 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,514,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
As a right of center libertarian I'm inclined to believe that gay people are born that way. While it may not be the "natural order" it occurs in nature. Being left handed isn't part of the natural order, but yet we exist. (Yes I'm left handed). At any rate, even if it WAS a choice, so what? My only question would be that given all of the s*** gay people have had to deal with, ridiculed, persecuted, physically harmed... why would one choose to be gay? That is why I don't think it is a choice.
Of course they do not choose the temptation to engage in homosexual conduct. But they do choose to act on those temptations and they do choose to engage in a full-blown lifestyle centered around their sexual activities.

Old 05-04-2015, 07:17 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,983,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Of course they do not choose the temptation to engage in homosexual conduct. But they do choose to act on those temptations and they do choose to engage in a full-blown lifestyle centered around their sexual activities.

And again, if so... then who cares? They aren't effecting my marriage, or how I live my life.

Old 05-04-2015, 08:29 AM

3,451 posts, read 7,052,940 times
Quote:
Is your "full-blown lifestyle centered around your sexual activities?

Old 05-04-2015, 08:37 AM

1,635 posts, read 1,813,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
Another ignorant post. Gay men do not feel like women, being gay is not the same as transgendered and a gay man becoming a woman is not going to make a gay man a woman.
Then gay is just a state of mind. Either live with it, drug it, or remedy it, but don't insist a 'state of mind' has right.

Old 05-04-2015, 08:57 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,488,768 times
Quote:
You do not know squat about gay people. It is not temptation it is sexual attraction and it is not a lifestyle nor is it centered our sex. That is just ignorant and stupid. Is your being straight a conduct or a temptation, is it a lifestyle centered around your heterosexual sex?

Old 05-04-2015, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metroxian View Post
Then gay is just a state of mind. Either live with it, drug it, or remedy it, but don't insist a 'state of mind' has right.
Bull, it is sexual attraction, not a state of mind. Boy, some of you straight people are the most ignorant people and narrow minded. Is your being straight just your state of mind?

Old 05-04-2015, 09:01 AM

It is sexual attraction, not an urge. Do you expect gay people to be celebate for the sake of you straight people and your religion?

Last edited by Ibginnie; 05-04-2015 at 04:29 PM.. Reason: deleted quoted post

Old 05-04-2015, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Oh, please! Yep, it's those "Bible thumpers" that believe in the "man in the sky." They are the problem!

I accept science. I believe in science. But I do not accept that "science" (your so-called science) has proven that homosexuality is something one is born with. Sorry. That's phoney science.

I could call you anti-science too, because you do not believe in the archaeological science that has proven the accuracy of so much of the Bible. See, you're laughing right now, aren't you?

I'm betting you also believe in "evolution," too; that something came from nothing.

You homos will do anything to justify your behavior.
You hets will do or say anything to justify your hate and bigotry towards gays. Gay is not a behavior, it is sexual orientation.

Old 05-04-2015, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
An opinion, impulse, desire or drive is not behavior.

It is thought.

The actions we take or don`t take based on our opinions, impulses, desires and drives are behaviors.

Most people could care less what another person thinks, but most people, having been told no, that a baker would not supply a cake for their same-sex wedding would simply find another baker.

We are not dealing with most people here.

We are dealing with homosexual thought police who feel the need to punish others for their thoughts when they become known.
The bakers situation was not about thought, it was about discrimination and that is wrong, period. The baker and others just want to use their religion to trump law and discriminate. Gays are people too, we pay taxes too, we deserve the same rights as straight people, not different or abbreviated rights. Again being gay or gay sex is not a behavior.

Old 05-04-2015, 09:10 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,142,696 times
Please show me credible scientific data that says people are born gay. And if so, then we should be able to determine through genetic testing who's going to be gay and who's not. And if so, then liberals shouldn't have a problem with people who choose to abort such pregnancies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies