Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 10:21 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,709,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Penisses belong in mens bathrooms and vaginas in the women's bathrooms. Why is this so difficult?

if somebody in his mind is a different gender and gets suicidal over not being able to use the restroom of their liking, they maybe should see a shrink.
There doesn't need to ever be a "mens" room since men wouldn't really care if a chick is watching them at the urinal

They can have 2 restrooms:

1) Women's only room
2) Rest room for anyone (which means if a woman wants to go in the mens room at a sporting event when the real womens room is really crowded, they can).

Men don't care who's in their restroom, at least i know i dont.

Old 05-06-2015, 12:02 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunetunelover View Post
IMO we should have gender neutral bathrooms. It's very simple to put a lock on each door (already there, just need better doors).
Every time i go to a major out door event theres a line of gender neutral temporary toilets that every one has no problem using.Wouldnt bother me if mens womans designation was dropped for toilets.If some perv wanted to get off on seeing the opposite gender i think i'd be looking into the shower room at a YMCA or public swimming pool rather than some smelly old toilet.

Old 05-06-2015, 12:19 AM

4,902 posts, read 4,216,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Every time i go to a major out door event theres a line of gender neutral temporary toilets that every one has no problem using.Wouldnt bother me if mens womans designation was dropped for toilets.If some perv wanted to get off on seeing the opposite gender i think i'd be looking into the shower room at a YMCA or public swimming pool rather than some smelly old toilet.
If a person can choose the restroom of their choice what would/should stop them from deciding which shower or changing room they choose?

Old 05-06-2015, 12:19 AM

9,446 posts, read 6,578,668 times
I don't like unisex bathrooms for one reason. The toilet seats always seem to be wet and it's gross.

Old 05-06-2015, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by longneckone View Post
If a person can choose the restroom of their choice what would/should stop them from deciding which shower or changing room they choose?
Shower rooms pose a more complex issue than toilets.

Old 05-06-2015, 01:34 AM

4,751 posts, read 5,439,701 times
Bathrooms are not policed. There is very little preventing someone who wants to go into an opposite sex bathroom for nefarious purposes if that what they really intend to do. I (female) have used a men's bathroom before when there was no one in there and I really had to go - guess what? I peed and left and the world didn't fall apart.

Honestly, I'm more concerned about straight men hitting on women in genderless bathrooms - "Hey baby, you don't need to check the mirror cuz you look aaaaaalright to me!" than I am about a transgender person.

And by the way, its transgender person, not trans. They're people.

As to the other person who made the comment about penises and vaginas? I don't urinate or defecate out of my vagina, so what has that got to do with anything?

Old 05-06-2015, 02:18 AM

To date all genderless bathrooms i've seen have been one room affairs with a lockable door .

Old 05-06-2015, 07:04 AM

19,128 posts, read 25,331,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
To date all genderless bathrooms i've seen have been one room affairs with a lockable door .
I agree in regard to The US, but in Europe the genderless restrooms tend to be rather large facilities.

Old 05-06-2015, 07:59 AM

14,375 posts, read 18,374,578 times
Um, lesbian women and gay men use their respective gender's bathrooms. I've never heard anyone complain about that, not even the most homophobic people. In any case, um, yeah, go ahead and use the women's bathroom if you're identifying as a woman. Women's bathrooms have stalls - you can't SEE anything unless you go right up to the stall door, which would probably result in an arrest. And if we're talking about a rapist, well I don't see how it provides any meaningful advantage to such a person.

A lot of shrieking and pearl clutching over nothing.

Old 05-06-2015, 08:08 AM

14,375 posts, read 18,374,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longneckone View Post
I'm already uncomfortable changing in a room full of naked women at my local gym - throw in one transgender person with a penis who likes to wear dresses, and I'm not going to be any MORE uncomfortable. If anything, I hope this means they provide individual changing areas at places where you're communally nekkid.

I think it's basically six of one and half a dozen of another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies