Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2015, 01:01 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,562,839 times

Advertisements

It truly is.

I wonder how much longer the public will tolerate it...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2015, 01:05 PM

2,686 posts, read 1,772,610 times
The guy shouldn't deal drugs. Problem solved.

Old 05-09-2015, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i would however suggest that instead of proceeds of asset confiscation going to charity, they should go into a fund to compensate victims of crimes instead.
Why do you want to encourage asset confiscation?

Old 05-09-2015, 02:37 PM

4,584 posts, read 3,412,463 times
Go to the post office, convert cash to postal money orders, mail to self in multiple priority/express envelopes, cash as needed.

Old 05-09-2015, 03:19 PM

11,354 posts, read 16,719,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
The guy shouldn't deal drugs. Problem solved.
Did you even read the article?

Old 05-09-2015, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Did you even read the article?
Yes. The cops wouldn't have taken the money if they thought it was earned legitimately.

Old 05-09-2015, 06:46 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,226,519 times
Quote:
Yes. The cops wouldn't have taken the money if they thought it was earned legitimately.
Pure BS. If the cops thought this was drug money, or that it wasn't earned legitimately they should have to prove it BEFORE taking it! There were no drugs involved. Did you even bother to read the article? Are you another one of those "we don't need no stinkin due process" people?

This was armed robbery pure and simple. Those thugs that wipe their ass with the Constitution should be in prison themselves.

Old 05-09-2015, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn View Post
There were no drugs involved. Did you even bother to read the article?
I did read the article. If the money didn't come from drugs then how did the subject obtain it?

Old 05-09-2015, 08:31 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,226,519 times
Quote:
I did read the article. If the money didn't come from drugs then how did the subject obtain it?
Is selling drugs how you obtain your money? Do you really think that selling drugs is the only way to obtain money? Are you really that naive?

Old 05-09-2015, 08:38 PM

23,577 posts, read 17,249,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Wake up America!!!!! This happens all over our country and will never stop until their is a public outcry. LE is totally out of control. Incentivising LE to steal large sums of cash with impunity is a very dangerous proposition.
-------------------
“These officers took everything that I had worked so hard to save and even money that was given to me by family that believed in me,” Rivers told the Journal. “I told (the DEA agents) I had no money and no means to survive in Los Angeles if they took my money. They informed me that it was my responsibility to figure out how I was going to do that.”

Rivers, who has since returned to Michigan, fell victim to civil asset forfeiture, a legal tool that has been criticized as a violation of due process and a contradiction of the idea that criminal defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty. Asset forfeiture allows police to seize property they suspect is related to criminal activity, without even charging its owner with a crime. The charges are filed against the property itself -- including cash, jewelry, cars and houses -- which can then be sold, with part of the proceeds flowing back to the department that made the seizure.

“We don’t have to prove that the person is guilty,” Sean Waite, the agent in charge at the DEA's Albuquerque's office, told the Journal. “It’s that the money is presumed to be guilty.”

The burden of proof lies with those whose property is taken, who often are forced to wage costly court battles to prove they came by their possessions legally.

DEA Steals $16,000 In Cash From Young Black Man, Because He Must Be A Drug Dealer
DUH!

LE has nothing to do with this. They are following the laws created by your chosen legislators at the muni, county , state and federal levels. NJ had a gunslinger prosecutor with a sterling reputation....he stole and misused confiscated cash and ended up on the run, killing himself in a southwestern hotel.

then the judge nicknamed 'iron Mike' who was ruthless in meteing out 'justice', found himself convicted of stealing funds and begged for the mercy he never showed. Huh, judge and prosecutor lived in the same district.

Prosecutors with an eye on a political career are best viewed with a magnifying glass.

Guilty until proven innocent is how some communities like Feurgeson and Baltimore and NYC treat the police accused of 'crimes'. guilty until proved innocent is becoming the standard by the prejudiced masses and runaway rogue justice dept thugs sanctioned by the 'people'.

LE is the puppet of the justice system. The head of which, Eric Holder who headed the DOJ lied and judge shopped to get a warrant to spy on journalists and reporters......and there was no outcry form the media or the 'people'. When you allow the justice system to go without expecting and demanding the bright light of media scrutiny you get the situation as described in the OP.

The media is the missing link and sole determiner of the amount of pressure applied to elected officials on behalf of the people. Otherwise the media is a just propaganda machine sanctioned by the people. A propaganda machine is not a part time job so if you don't like what you created its too late to complain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies