Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2015, 07:57 AM

1,973 posts, read 2,271,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Because the fake "Christians" use religion - their warped interpretation of it - as a mask for their hatred and ignorance. There are now and have always been a LOT of Posers They don't care two wits about God, Jesus, morality, or anything else. I disagree they/many just care MORE about what they want what they desire They just hate "those people" and will happily take quotes out of context from a holy book to justify whatever spite they wish. Lots of Peole do this from both sides And while they are not really Christian, Thats True.. they have immense influence. True Again .... Birds of a feather do tend to flock together..That, and hate sells a lot better than the actual Christian message of basically being a nice guy, working hard, and minding your own business. Leave out the minding your own business and you on the right track ... your a longgggg ways from where you want to get but your at least on the right track .. We Are To Hold Eachother Accountable for our thoughts "words" deeds and actions

It's absurd. If one is truly Christian, one should focus on the utmost of Jesus's teachings, which is effectively the Golden Rule - "do unto others as you'd have them do unto you." Instead, we get "Christians" who spend all their time quoting selected pieces of the Old Testament and Paul - a guy who seriously altered Christ's message for his own ends.. Give me some proof to your accusations on how Paul Altered Christs Messsage... - while happily skipping over that Jesus guy, what with his free health care and hate-free outlook.

The hypocrisy is staggering: for example, when "Christians" start mouthing off about how gays need to burn because "the bible says so!" it's amusing to watch their heads explode when you ask them which part of the Bible: the old part that also condemn eating shellfish, speaking back to your elders, working on the Sabbath, and going to temple while on your period (yes, that's in there), or the new part of the Bible that says that love of one's neighbor is *required.* Do You Not Understand Salvation? Do you really not understand Who Christ is and why he came? Some or waht you quote was from the LAW given ONLY to the JEWS! Its Purpose was to show No Matter Hw Good You Tried To Be You Could Never Measure up 100% you needed foregiveness/Salvation..

Most of them have no answer. They'll tap-dance around how "Jesus got rid of the old Laws" to explain away why they are eating at Red Lobster, but somehow the old laws that justify hating people they don't like still exist, at least to them. It's a sad joke, but what else can be said of "Christians" who somehow feel that "God and Guns" are two things that go together... Your mixing up Fans of Christ and Followers of CHrist.. I agree Its only the Fans that want guns so as to be ready to KILL another human at the drop of a hat...

Meanwhile, the actual Christians who practice what Christ taught are leaving organized religion in droves ( Not True and I expect you to show proof of this one.. with you being Outside both groups and having NO PERSONAL Knowledge I need to see where you think you got that misconception ) and not associating themselves with the lunacy, which explains why the crazies keep getting crazier - the sane people are all leaving because they aren't interested in sermons on "what type of gun Jesus would shoot!" When and WHERE were you in any church where you heard that sermon? Now I am for sure calling BS or how "JEEEEZZZZUUSSS teaches us to hate!" The BS meter just went off the scale here too..The ones who see through the lies have all left. So like the Jesus FANs you make up what you want to believe and then try and post it as facts hoping people like you willl repeat it until alll your sheeple are chanting your BS together..hummm
Well what you have proven is.... you know little to nothing about what you are talking about..

Old 05-11-2015, 07:58 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtrader View Post
What is overlooked by too many Christians, is that there have been numerous translations of the Bible. Which translation is exactly what the original manuscripts said? Truth, none of them. As we get into current Bibles, just between the Catholic and Protestant versions, there are huge number of differences between them. Each group will say their Bible is the correct version.

Why over the years, have verses been removed from the Bible, which have been many over the centuries of the Bible?

Why do a lot of the modern versions, not say the exact same thing as the KJV Bible, that they are supposed to be just converting to modern language?

We are told, that every word in the Bible is true. If that is a fact, why do so many verses have different meanings than other verses covering the same thing. In fact, some are just the opposite of others? Which is true, and which is false? Yes, if one is true, the other has to be false.

I am a Christian. These things I know and understand about the Bible. When non believers look at the Bible and see these facts above are true, no wonder they are confused about Christians.

Fact: We are not a Christian Nation, as so many claim. We are a nation of many religions, some Christian and some Not. In the US there is a separation between churches and state, and just because one religion believes something is wrong or right, has no power to control things in the United States.

Fact: Because you have a certain religions belief, you have no say about taking away a Gay Persons rights, due to your religions beliefs. This will be determined in Constitutional Rights in court, and the courts are coming down on the side of the Gay members of society. That is why most people would rather have a Gay Person as President, than some of t he more fundamentalist religions that want to take away rights from Americans. Just because you Bible says a certain thing, does not make it t he law of the land.
^^^ My favorite post in the thread. I'm a Christian too; though we do not believe in a literal interpretation of the Bible (that way I can eat shrimp and don't have to hate the gays).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macgregorsailor51 View Post
If you are going to be a mathmatician you will have to believe in and naccept all the rules .. Same goes for Christians.. If you think you can add and suptrat from the Bible you are NOT a Christian.. Your Something ...... But Your NOT a Christian.. why is that so hard to understand..
Say what? Is this english or math class? I seriously doubt that this poster obeys every single word of the Bible. Usually it's those of our choosing.

Old 05-11-2015, 08:05 AM

Another person who is clueless about many things and life and the Bible is among them..
We Love The Sinner but We are To Hate the sin.. Its not who they are, that is just your excuse for what you do.. We CAN love someone for whom they are ... your child your friend your Mom your Dad.. but you hate what they do ...a murderer.. a thief... a rapist.. a Tax Cheat.. [quote=AFP;39565194]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
Most of us Christians love and accept homosexual people while simultaneously rejecting the sin of homosexuality. This is what God does, and we are called to be Christlike.

Here lies the problem this is the reason why some self proclaimed Christians are hypocrites you can't love someone while simultaneously hating who they are. You can't simultaneously feel love and hate at the same moment Slowpoke, no one can. BTW you do not know what God does you have your beliefs about it, but that is all, no offense but I would view your post in a more positive light if you refrained from speaking for most Christians and stuck to speaking for yourself .

Old 05-11-2015, 08:56 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,889,678 times
Macgregorsailor51 I have a few words in response to this post below

[quote=Macgregorsailor51;39568825]Another person who is clueless about many things and life and the Bible is among them..
We Love The Sinner but We are To Hate the sin.. Its not who they are, that is just your excuse for what you do.. We CAN love someone for whom they are ... your child your friend your Mom your Dad.. but you hate what they do ...a murderer.. a thief... a rapist.. a Tax Cheat..

Your post above was in response to this post that I posted in response to Slowpoke the bolded part was my response you botched it up and combined my post with Slowpoke's post.

[quote=AFP;39565194]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
Most of us Christians love and accept homosexual people while simultaneously rejecting the sin of homosexuality. This is what God does, and we are called to be Christlike.

Here lies the problem this is the reason why some self proclaimed Christians are hypocrites you can't love someone while simultaneously hating who they are. You can't simultaneously feel love and hate at the same moment Slowpoke, no one can. BTW you do not know what God does you have your beliefs about it, but that is all, no offense but I would view your post in a more positive light if you refrained from speaking for most Christians and stuck to speaking for yourself .

Most of the time when one shoots from the hip one is wrong and in this case your assessment is incorrect I will explain my position in more detail below.

I am quite familiar with many things about life I'm not a kid I have been married over 20 years, have children, have a college education,own my own home and BTW was raised in a Christian home going to church every Sunday and most of my relatives are conservative Christian Republicans. I have put a great deal of thought into how the bible relates to sexuality. BTW I'm also quite familiar with the hypocrisy of most "Christians" in regards to LGBT people what you have underlined above is an ideal but in practice it rarely plays out that way it just isn't practical. Also sexual orientation isn't determined by what one does in my opinon your offbase.

Last edited by AFP; 05-11-2015 at 09:10 AM..

Old 05-11-2015, 09:02 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,501,964 times
Quote:
If you are going to be a mathmatician you will have to believe in and naccept all the rules .. Same goes for Christians.. If you think you can add and suptrat from the Bible you are NOT a Christian.. Your Something ...... But Your NOT a Christian.. why is that so hard to understand..
Your grammar and botching up quotes from other posters make it extremely difficult to understand your point.

Old 05-11-2015, 09:21 AM

2,953 posts, read 992,084 times
Quote:
I have a strong suspicion I should not be arguing with someone whose writing skills are this atrocious and who uses mathematics as an analogy when arguing the logical cohesion of everything written in the Bible. Do you actually think that there is ANY relationship between the logical rules of mathematics and a loose conglomeration of ancient stories that aren't based on logic, reason or proof but only belief?

Do you literally believe the Noah story? That a man and his family built a GIANT boat on top of mount Ararat and that God summoned on board all of the animal species in the world? Animals that we know lived continents away? Do you believe Eve came from Adam's rib? Do you believe Dinosaurs existed during the lifetime of the human race? A man whose super strength came from his hair? A talking jackass?

Do you believe that all science, including geology, astrophysics chemistry and carbon dating are wrong in the face of a collection of 66 individual books written over 3500 yrs by 50 unknown authors? Authors who were more likely shepherds, fishermen and carpenters rather than scholars, philosophers or historians?

It's so simple minded to look at the Bible and say you must believe it all to be a Christian. I think this is the hallmark of people who can't think for themselves but only follow. People for whom everything in life is either black or white because it's just too taxing on their brains to consider evidence and make up their own minds.

BTW ... Since you clearly side with belief and magic over science and reason then how do you think your cell phone, the internet and jet engines work? God's will? Is it a miracle that your Boeing 737 stays up in the air or is it science, fluid mechanics and Bernoulli? If Geology and carbon dating are all wrong then how is that they are what pinpoint the oil deposits that power your car?

You can't have it both ways if you're a literalist. Science and reason and faith do coexist if you just use your brain to differentiate the message of divine creation and salvation from what are clearly ancient myths that came along for the ride.

Old 05-11-2015, 09:40 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,129,575 times
Americans would prefer a gay person to an evangelist for president?

Well for me as long as the president isn't conservative and represents my interests, I can care less about their sexual orientation or religious preference...

Old 05-11-2015, 09:42 AM

1,268 posts, read 797,886 times
[quote=Macgregorsailor51;39568825]Another person who is clueless about many things and life and the Bible is among them..
We Love The Sinner but We are To Hate the sin.. Its not who they are, that is just your excuse for what you do.. We CAN love someone for whom they are ... your child your friend your Mom your Dad.. but you hate what they do ...a murderer.. a thief... a rapist.. a Tax Cheat..

A homosexual is not synonymous with a murderer, thief, rapist, or a tax cheat. Your sexuality is a part of who you are. Heterosexuals don't choose to be straight; neither do homosexuals. Your child, friend, your Mom, or your Dad might choose to commit a crime, but homosexuality is not a crime. It is one piece of the greater human experience. Your exceptionalism is truly clueless.

Old 05-11-2015, 10:39 AM

4,475 posts, read 6,682,080 times
Quote:
If you accept Christ as your personal savior and believe that He died for your sins then youre a Christian.

I have no clue where this belief that to be a Christian you have to be perfect came from.

Old 05-11-2015, 11:31 AM

No it didnt norcal you chose to have issues with it.
The Facts remain.. BTW there is a study of how little proper spelling and grammar effect most of us and our ability to understand what was written. It proves proper spelling and grammar effects us very little...If all you took away from the post and I am sorry for not proof reading it.. its your loss and shows your lack of honesty..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Your grammar and botching up quotes from other posters make it extremely difficult to understand your point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies