Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 03:02 PM

595 posts, read 368,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Nope. He has plenty of company with Obama and Clinton. Not to mention the majority of both parties who voted to support terrorists in Syria. I stand by the statements I've made. No one in the ME is worth the life of one American serviceman or women. Time to get out and let the locals deal with their own problems. Too many young Americans have died for the people of the ME.
Agree, Obama, Clinton, and Rubio are not the only big interventionists in Washington (Graham and McCain too).

100% agree nothing in the Middle East is worth any American dying, we should leave and dump all those countries (Most of them are tyrannies) and let them fight each other. Stop giving money to the Jihad in Syria, stop intervening in Ukraine, and adopt a non-interventionist foreign policy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2015, 06:49 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Rubio and others have been critical of our foreign policy as being weak, they want to send more military that's what I read when they start speaking of using more force. The solution in places like Iraq are political not military, Iraq needs to fight their own war and come to a solution. I just view their talk as little more than politics but it is dangerous for anyone to think that we can resolve these problems with armed forces.

We have been trying to extricate ourselves from the ME for 10 years, the last thing we need to do is more of the same.
It's not so much that we have a "weak Foreign Policy" as it is that we have an Incoherent Foreign Policy.
Is there really ANY Foreign Power in today's World of TeamObama that supports his "policy"?
"Leading from Behind" is not a Foreign Policy. Outsourcing our Foreign Policy to the Islamist Party in Turkey didn't work, Outsourcing our Foreign Policy to the Russians didn't work, Outsourcing our Foreign Policy to the Muslim Brothers in Egypt or Qatar didn't work ..... the disappearing "Red Lines" didn't work.

Russia didn't go with the "flexible". Turkey is no longer "our best friend". TeamObama did all they could to defeat the Israeli Choice of Prime Minister. TeamObama can't stand the Egyptian Choice. Libya is a Nation on Fire. NATO is on the cusp of failure. Assad the Reformer has slaughtered almost a Quarter of a Million of his people and Iran is now in charge of our Foreign Policy.

The Gulf Coast Council of Sunni Powers just delivered a Historic SNUB to the President of the USA.
This is all Big Stuff - TeamObama is totally incompetent and has become a Laughing Stock around the World.

It's not that Rubio and other want a "strong Military" with more Force, when speaking to a mainly Military crowd -- it's that they just don't want the Weak Military and Incoherent Leadership that we have been showing to the entire world under TeamObama.

When you "Carry a Big Stick", you don't have to use it. When you cower in fear - they come after you.
Appeasement does not work - Neville Chamberlain taught the entire World that lesson ..... except for TeamObama.

Old 05-11-2015, 06:55 PM

595 posts, read 368,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
It's not so much that we have a "weak Foreign Policy" as it is that we have an Incoherent Foreign Policy.
Is there really ANY Foreign Power in today's World of TeamObama that supports his "policy"?
"Leading from Behind" is not a Foreign Policy. Outsourcing our Foreign Policy to the Islamist Party in Turkey didn't work, Outsourcing our Foreign Policy to the Russians didn't work, Outsourcing our Foreign Policy to the Muslim Brothers in Egypt or Qatar didn't work ..... the disappearing "Red Lines" didn't work.

Russia didn't go with the "flexible". Turkey is no longer "our best friend". TeamObama did all they could to defeat the Israeli Choice of Prime Minister. TeamObama can't stand the Egyptian Choice. Libya is a Nation on Fire. NATO is on the cusp of failure. Assad the Reformer has slaughtered almost a Quarter of a Million of his people and Iran is now in charge of our Foreign Policy.

The Gulf Coast Council of Sunni Powers just delivered a Historic SNUB to the President of the USA.
This is all Big Stuff - TeamObama is totally incompetent and has become a Laughing Stock around the World.

It's not that Rubio and other want a "strong Military" with more Force, when speaking to a mainly Military crowd -- it's that they just don't want the Weak Military and Incoherent Leadership that we have been showing to the entire world under TeamObama.

When you "Carry a Big Stick", you don't have to use it. When you cower in fear - they come after you.
Appeasement does not work - Neville Chamberlain taught the entire World that lesson ..... except for TeamObama.
Obama has continued the disaster of a foreign policy the U.S. had under Clinton, and Bush. Obama has continued plunging the U.S. into useless and needless wars, and intervening needlessly all over (Syria, Libya, Ukraine, Iraq, etc...).

Obama has continued the support for Arab tyranny, which is a big reason the Jihad chooses to attack the U.S.

The U.S. needs to adopt a non-interventionist foreign policy, let them fight each other keep the U.S. out of it.

Old 05-12-2015, 05:17 AM

57,301 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post

The ME is so messed up coherence is just an after thought, there is no easy solution, we are fighting with Iran in Iraq, resisting them in other countries, at one time we loved Iran hated Iraq then we reversed. We don't like Assad but the worst possible outcome would be the vacuum created by his removal from power. Turkey once our ally is treading water. Shiites, Sunnis, Houthis, Kurds all with different degrees of dislike, mix in Al Quaeda, ISIS and weak leadership in most of those countries and that is the recipe for total disaster.

We opened the gates of hell with our intervention, you tell me what a coherent foreign policy would be with that mess. I don't see the Neville Chamberlain analogy but always best to go to the extreme to attempt to make a point

Old 05-12-2015, 06:46 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,038,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Who knew Obama went to the shooting range, watched red dawn then hannity?

“I have made it clear that we will hunt down terrorists who threaten our country, wherever they are. This is a core principle of my presidency: If you threaten America, you will find no safe haven.” - Obama

I was talking about the posters on this forum talking about how we are too PC in our recent wars, genius.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies