Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 12:42 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,238,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I think what we have learned in the past 10 years is that it is much easier to start a war than it is to get out of one. If he pulled out all the troops in 2008 you would be the first to criticize. Obama has made mistakes particularly Libya but over all or position in the ME is very complicated. It might be better to ask what these GOP candidates have planned when they use these terms, more ground forces or just rhetoric? I can live with the latter, it doesn't cost American lives.
What we should have learned if you are going to fight a war do everything in your power to win it and throw out political correctness to win it. We did not learn it in Korea or Vietnam and did not learn it in the past 10 years. Until we can fight a war to win we should not fight a war
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2015, 01:19 PM

57,405 posts, read 26,339,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
What we should have learned if you are going to fight a war do everything in your power to win it and throw out political correctness to win it. We did not learn it in Korea or Vietnam and did not learn it in the past 10 years. Until we can fight a war to win we should not fight a war
If these wars required true support of the American people, not just words but actual participation then we would never have been in these wars or any other since WW2. The justification for sending our troops to die should be based on solid justification, not just some contrived excuse.

Old 05-11-2015, 01:25 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,841,443 times
One of my fears is that the republican nominee becomes as hawkish as Hilary.

Old 05-11-2015, 01:37 PM

39,897 posts, read 26,578,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I would fight for my own Freedom, one appreciates it more that way.
Yeah. Sure you would.

I'm betting it would be in the form of "please kill me last"....

Old 05-11-2015, 01:40 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,560,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
All true red blooded Americans love a good war as long as they don't actually have to do any of the fighting. Keeps our minds off the fact that our leaders and Corporate America has turned us into minimum wage slaves for the political and economic elites.
Yep. Soooo true....

Old 05-11-2015, 02:11 PM

13,513 posts, read 17,060,149 times
Quote:
If these wars required true support of the American people, not just words but actual participation then we would never have been in these wars or any other since WW2. The justification for sending our troops to die should be based on solid justification, not just some contrived excuse.

Exactly. Rubio is trying to channel his inner Reagan by quoting movies and being a tough guy....it's not 1980, and we don't have an obvious nation to point out nukes at. This is what simpletons don't seem to get.."go in with guns a blazzin, kill em all"...when the stated goal of the operation is "freedom" for the people who live someplace, killing them kinda works against that goal.

I get the feeling there are some people who come home from their day at the shooting range and watch Red Dawn, then Sean Hannity..and that's the world they live in.

Old 05-11-2015, 02:22 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,594,166 times
Quote:
My first question is Rubio going to enlist to fight in the ME when he says "we"

Rubio using comments from a movie regarding very serious issues on foreign policy sounds very immature, he is not alone. Scott Walker, Cruz, Santorum all cut from the same mold and think we can bomb our way out of the ME with less than 1% of or population participating. Our failed policy of aggression for the past 10 years is a complete failure but these 3 piece suit Rambo's think we can return to the past.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/10/us...licy.html?_r=0

No need to concern yourself with Rubio making any high level decisions concerning our military.

Old 05-11-2015, 02:32 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,841,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Exactly. Rubio is trying to channel his inner Reagan by quoting movies and being a tough guy....it's not 1980, and we don't have an obvious nation to point out nukes at. This is what simpletons don't seem to get.."go in with guns a blazzin, kill em all"...when the stated goal of the operation is "freedom" for the people who live someplace, killing them kinda works against that goal.

I get the feeling there are some people who come home from their day at the shooting range and watch Red Dawn, then Sean Hannity..and that's the world they live in.
Who knew Obama went to the shooting range, watched red dawn then hannity?

“I have made it clear that we will hunt down terrorists who threaten our country, wherever they are. This is a core principle of my presidency: If you threaten America, you will find no safe haven.” - Obama

Old 05-11-2015, 02:45 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,969,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Yeah. Sure you would.

I'm betting it would be in the form of "please kill me last"....
Yeah, that is why I joined the Army as a Grunt (11B/Infantry to Civilians). You should not assume you know who would fight and who would lay down and ask for mercy, it will save you some embarrassment.

Old 05-11-2015, 02:47 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,969,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
No need to concern yourself with Rubio making any high level decisions concerning our military.

So True, but let them have their fantasies for now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies