Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2015, 03:18 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,990,800 times

Advertisements

This is an "uproar" over nothing. If you want your kid to attend public school, you know with hundreds (if not thousands) of other children then you should get them vaccinated. No one is saying you HAVE to vaccinate your child, you don't have to but then you would have to seek alternative forms of education. This isn't that big of a deal and other states have mandatory vaccination laws in place already.

Old 05-17-2015, 03:24 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,033,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
How do you prove where the kid caught something? Have you ever saw a school with a legal liability when a kid caught something from a classmate?
Well you don't need to prove "where" a kid caught something because with herd immunity reasoning, if EVERYONE that attends has to get immunizations, there's nothing to prove.

A federal judge has ruled in favor of a New York City policy that allows schools to ban un-vaccinated kids from attending classes when another child has come down with a vaccine preventable illness.

For argument sake, if I was a parent who vaccinated my child, and he got something from an un-vaccinated child, I would have grounds to file a tort lawsuit; not only against the parents of that child, but also against
the school system/city that allowed that un-vaccinated child to attend a PUBLIC school.

Old 05-17-2015, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORION83 View Post
Reminds me of the Nazis marking the Jews. Congrats!
I see no comparison. One is a public health issue for the common good and the other is
obviously not.

Old 05-17-2015, 03:26 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,318,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Well you don't need to prove "where" a kid caught something because with herd immunity reasoning, if EVERYONE that attends has to get immunizations, there's nothing to prove.

A federal judge has ruled in favor of a New York City policy that allows schools to ban un-vaccinated kids from attending classes when another child has come down with a vaccine preventable illness.

For argument sake, if I was a parent who vaccinated my child, and he got something from an un-vaccinated child, I would have grounds to file a tort lawsuit; not only against the parents of that child, but also against
the school system/city that allowed that un-vaccinated child to attend a PUBLIC school.
It's unconstitutional for you to demand the medical records of anyone.

Old 05-17-2015, 03:28 PM

364 posts, read 278,047 times
Quote:
I see no comparison. One is a public health issue for the common good and the other is
obviously not.
Read what he wrote. Nazis marked the jews with stars of david. He/She wants to mark unvaccinated people with some identifying mark....same thing....oh and vaccines are a medical decision just like any other medical issue is.

Old 05-17-2015, 03:37 PM

Quote:
LOL. Okay

Argument sake once again, If my child would become gravely harmed by their anti-vaccinate decision, I would not only sue, I would get access to that child's medical records, or lack thereof.

If you do not want to vaccinate your child, don't attend a public school.
And, I don't care what your reason is.

Old 05-17-2015, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Read what he wrote. Nazis marked the jews with stars of david. He/She wants to mark unvaccinated people with some identifying mark....same thing....oh and vaccines are a medical decision just like any other medical issue is.
I missed that.

I agree vaccines are a medical decision, but it has consequences because we are dealing
with contagious diseases, so no, they are not like any other medical issue.

Parents that choose not to vaccinate have options outside of a public education system.
They should exercise them.

Old 05-17-2015, 03:46 PM

364 posts, read 278,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalbound12 View Post
This is an "uproar" over nothing. If you want your kid to attend public school, you know with hundreds (if not thousands) of other children then you should get them vaccinated. No one is saying you HAVE to vaccinate your child, you don't have to but then you would have to seek alternative forms of education. This isn't that big of a deal and other states have mandatory vaccination laws in place already.
Its an attack on medical freedom. Period. Soon as California wants to pay for these children's education I am sure no parent would mind.The only states with MANDATORY vaccine laws are Mississippi and West Virginia which only allow medical exemptions.

Old 05-17-2015, 04:36 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,957,181 times
Quote:

In fact, that is the law in just about every state.

Quote:
So hire a lawyer to argue your case.

Quote:
For Pity's Sake, it was a joke!

Old 05-17-2015, 05:34 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,318,501 times
Quote:
LOL. Okay

Argument sake once again, If my child would become gravely harmed by their anti-vaccinate decision, I would not only sue, I would get access to that child's medical records, or lack thereof.
No you wouldn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies