Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 10:00 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,844,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blind melon View Post
A weed is an unwanted plant, most flowers are not unwanted
Look up the definition of weed... a flower is a type of weed... and not all weeds are flowers... that should be a clue... whether you want a weed or not is not the definition of a flower...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2015, 10:03 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,414,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blind melon View Post
So there you have it OP, conservatives feel weed makes one an addict and a.burden to society

John Lennon and those damn hippie beatles were welfare leeches

Addiction has nothing to do with being a burden. If you can smoke and hold a job and are productive then smoke away.

Old 05-13-2015, 10:20 AM

1,978 posts, read 1,551,887 times
This has often been stated, but, it seems to fit in this goofy conversation: Why do you think they call it Dope?

Old 05-13-2015, 10:23 AM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Since there's a thread alleging many on the left are "enamoured" with smoking marijuana, I have to ask why so many on the right are apparently so smitten with 1936's Reefer Madness , have such fear of a silly little weed, and despite their claims of being for less government control/spending are perfectly willing to support law after law about the weed and spend who knows how many taxpayer $$$ trying to control it?

I am a conservative- smoke all the weed you want, just don't drive. And stop claiming that a recreational drug is a "medicine". It is a "medicine" in the same regard as Granny's whiskey was on the Beverley hillbillies.

Old 05-13-2015, 10:27 AM

2,440 posts, read 3,429,912 times
Because cigarettes, alcohol, and sugar are safer?

Old 05-13-2015, 10:31 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuDiBelle View Post
Apparently you are too short-sighted to see that many conservatives are against weed because of the associated expenses to society. Personally, I could care less if you or anyone else wants to smoke weed but I don't want to be held fiscally accountable for the ramifications when there are swaths of addicts who can't hold jobs, resort to theft and petty crime, rely on government programs for housing/food, parent children they cannot afford, move on to more dangerous and addictive drugs, incur all sorts of health costs, etc.

You want to smoke up? Be my guest but don't expect me to be happy about paying for your stupid decisions.
That you refer to 'swaths of addicts' in a discussion of marijuana shows you know little about the subject.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuDiBelle View Post
Why do liberals want everyone else to pay for their bad decisions?
They don't, it's just a talking point of the sheeple.

Old 05-13-2015, 10:35 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
It's certainly no worse than alcohol. The fact it's placed in the same Schedule 1 class of drugs as heroin and LSD certainly shows it's treatment is based more on hysteria than fact.
Cool, let's party! I'll swing by before I go to work at the hospital and we'll burn one. I may be taking care of your little girl or little boy, I'll be stoned but no problem, I can handle it.

Of course I wouldn't do this, I don't do drugs. You wouldn't do it either because you won't be able to get the job.

Old 05-13-2015, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
So you based your entire argument on ONE person... that sounds like a typical liberal argument...
No, I simply responded to your baseless allegation that "liberals try to frame it otherwise" mby saying I don't think it was a liberal who started the 'The left loves marijuana' thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I don't know why you don't know this... but a flower IS a weed...
I don't know why you can't comprehend dried latex isn't a weed.

Old 05-13-2015, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Based on how people abuse alcohol, I don't think society deserves more drugs they can't handle responsibly.
Oh? Can you supply anything factual proving marijuana poses anywhere near the risk of physical addiction alcohol does? Realistically, the only thing that makes society 'deserve' alcohol over marijuana is the $$$ of the alcohol lobby.

Old 05-13-2015, 10:41 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,323,498 times
Quote:
That you refer to 'swaths of addicts' in a discussion of marijuana shows you know little about the subject.
Wrong. I gave supporting evidence in my follow-up post that specifically referred to the numbers of addicts. What did you give other than baseless opinions and talking points?

Again, in case you missed it the FIRST time around...

Quote:
According to the 2013 NSDUH, marijuana accounted for 4.2 million of the estimated 6.9 million Americans dependent on or abusing illicit drugs.3
Is marijuana addictive? | National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA)

Would you like to argue the semantics of "swaths" now?

Quote:
They don't, it's just a talking point of the sheeple.
Touche.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies