Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 09:08 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,938,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Republicans are against unions so why would unions support them. If republicans supported them just imagine what would happen.
Exactly-Sanders is about the only candidate Unions should be supporting..

Having the backing of Goldman Sachs is a bloody red flag as far as I'm concerned. I'm not sure how Hilldog has the support she does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2015, 10:09 PM

3,804 posts, read 6,173,875 times
You can try, but you'll have to vote in the primary for someone the media doesn't like. This time that means LOL for Democrats, and as always don't vote for a moderate for Republicans.

Old 05-19-2015, 10:12 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,938,291 times
The problem isn't Goldman Sachs, the Clinton's or the Bush's.

The problem is the dismal intelligence level of the average American voter.

Start giving IQ tests to vote or lose your country. That is the choice you got.

Old 05-21-2015, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
The problem isn't Goldman Sachs, the Clinton's or the Bush's.

The problem is the dismal intelligence level of the average American voter.

Start giving IQ tests to vote or lose your country. That is the choice you got.
Many Americans could benefit from a few extra IQ points, but it's still true that third party candidates are just not exposed on the mainstream media enough. It doesn't matter how smart voters are if their only choices are Banker Puppet A and Banker Puppet B.

In 2012, the third party debates were SO much better than the insanity that was the Obama/Romney fiasco.

Old 06-06-2015, 12:22 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
[quote=natalie469;39658117]Republicans are against unions so why would unions support them. If republicans supported them just imagine what would happen.[/quote]

SEIU would have a **** fit every time a conservative Republican opposed ****ing away hundreds of billions on what is presented as infrastructure and such, but is in reality payola to public sector unions like SEIU.

Old 06-06-2015, 12:44 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,438,007 times
If you vote Democrat, you're voting for Wall Street, free trade, offshoring of jobs, war, open borders, government employee unions, private sector unions and a massive government and welfare state.

If you vote Republican, you're voting for Wall street, free trade, offshoring of jobs, war and open borders.

If you vote for Bernie Sanders, you're voting for government employee unions, private sector unions, open borders, a massive government and welfare state, and whoever else ends up supporting him.

If you vote for Elizabeth Warren, it's the same as voting for Bernie Sanders.

If you vote for Ron Paul, you're throwing a wrench into the works because so many of the interest groups mentioned above support or at least benefit from war and American interference overseas.

If you vote for Donald Trump, you get lots of drama and he owes nothing to anyone so -- who knows?

Old 06-06-2015, 05:09 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Exactly-Sanders is about the only candidate Unions should be supporting..

Having the backing of Goldman Sachs is a bloody red flag as far as I'm concerned. I'm not sure how Hilldog has the support she does.

You would have to ask her supporters but I would expect the tiny fraction of her supporters who know what GS is and what they do don`t really care or have deluded themselves into thinking that somehow a greater good is served by her being in bed with them.

Old 06-06-2015, 05:14 AM

12,040 posts, read 6,572,819 times
I'm so disgusted by the corruption, incompetence, and self-serving of our political system (both parties) and the knee-jerk partisan voters that keep perpetuating it, that I probably won't even vote for the first time ever this next election. I've been registered as independent (unaffiliated) for decades.

I've given up on changing anything at the national level. I won't even listen to politics on the news anymore -- the reporting is so biased and corrupted. I feel the only thing we may still have some influence in is at the local level in our communities. So that's where my attention is going.

Old 06-06-2015, 05:38 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
For once in my lifetime?

Hillary Clinton's vs Bernie Sanders' top donors compared - Imgur

Hillary Clinton is a Wall-Street darling-so is Jeb Bush. So were Obama, Romney and McCain.

So was Al Gore, George Bush, John Kerry and Bill Clinton.

All the above are warmongers as well. So, if a President really only controls foreign and economic policy and they have all pursued the same goals, wars and policies-what is really going on?

Our political process is the literal definition of insanity and we are destroying our country in the process.

Why lend credibility to these scumbags? Why lend credibility to the media, which is colluded and controlled and promotes the interests of nationless corporations and detached banks. Why lend credibility to the two establishment political parties, which have been bought and paid for?

People like Ron Paul, Jill Stein, Gary Johnson, Ralph Nader, Ross Perot, etc. are shunned from debates and given no publicity. It is sad because they seem to all be Pro-American and have the interests of the American people most at heart.

"“If it turns out to be Jeb versus Hillary we would love that and either outcome would be fine,” one top Republican-leaning Wall Street lawyer said over lunch in midtown Manhattan last week. “We could live with either one. Jeb versus Joe Biden would also be fine. It’s Rand Paul or Ted Cruz versus someone like Elizabeth Warren that would be everybody’s worst nightmare.”
Read more: Wall Street Republicans' dark secret: Hillary Clinton 2016 - Ben White and Maggie Haberman - POLITICO.com"
Well, we could get behind Hillary's call for automatic voter registration and many other efforts to reverse some of the voter suppression efforts.

Old 06-06-2015, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
I'm so disgusted by the corruption, incompetence, and self-serving of our political system (both parties) and the knee-jerk partisan voters that keep perpetuating it, that I probably won't even vote for the first time ever this next election. I've been registered as independent (unaffiliated) for decades.

I've given up on changing anything at the national level. I won't even listen to politics on the news anymore -- the reporting is so biased and corrupted. I feel the only thing we may still have some influence in is at the local level in our communities. So that's where my attention is going.
Sadly I agree with this.

Here's what I wrote in 2012 before the election:

http://www.city-data.com/blogs/blog34375-dont-vote.html
"I was planning on voting for Jill Stein or Gary Johnson but at this point I've come to realize that the Democrat and Republican teams are on either sideline, basking in all the trash-talk before the "big-game". It appears Americans will never learn that they are being duped-divided and distracted by the two "political parties" which give the illusion of a functioning Government."

BOTH establishment political parties are bought and paid for. If you support either one, you support massive theft and corruption and eventually The US losing sovereignty as a nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies