Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2015, 08:15 AM

8,104 posts, read 3,961,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Not at all, I'm telling you I've completely lost faith in the system and have little hope it will change for the better in my lifetime. I'm in my 60s, when I was a kid it was easy to believe that despite having different approaches to get there that both parties had the interests of the country and its people in mind, not so much these days.
The establishment interests are no longer about the country or constitution but about filling they and their cronies pockets and building their globalist utopia with Global Trade Pacts backed by a Global Military on the back of tax payers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2015, 10:15 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
I don't like anyone who excessively funds political campaigns. I oppose the Citizens United decision. Are you telling me that you support George Soros and his funding of the Dems?
Citizen United had absolutely nothing to do with the funding of political campaigns.

Old 05-17-2015, 12:40 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,938,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
Great Thread - Sorry can't rep you OP - Have to spread it around

The Octopus that owns both parties is doing "God's Work" as they put it in building their Globalist Utopia
Thanks-I need to spread my reps around too apparently.

Old 05-17-2015, 05:31 PM

27,146 posts, read 15,322,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
For once in my lifetime?

Hillary Clinton's vs Bernie Sanders' top donors compared - Imgur

Hillary Clinton is a Wall-Street darling-so is Jeb Bush. So were Obama, Romney and McCain.

So was Al Gore, George Bush, John Kerry and Bill Clinton.

All the above are warmongers as well. So, if a President really only controls foreign and economic policy and they have all pursued the same goals, wars and policies-what is really going on?

Our political process is the literal definition of insanity and we are destroying our country in the process.

Why lend credibility to these scumbags? Why lend credibility to the media, which is colluded and controlled and promotes the interests of nationless corporations and detached banks. Why lend credibility to the two establishment political parties, which have been bought and paid for?

People like Ron Paul, Jill Stein, Gary Johnson, Ralph Nader, Ross Perot, etc. are shunned from debates and given no publicity. It is sad because they seem to all be Pro-American and have the interests of the American people most at heart.

"“If it turns out to be Jeb versus Hillary we would love that and either outcome would be fine,” one top Republican-leaning Wall Street lawyer said over lunch in midtown Manhattan last week. “We could live with either one. Jeb versus Joe Biden would also be fine. It’s Rand Paul or Ted Cruz versus someone like Elizabeth Warren that would be everybody’s worst nightmare.”
Read more: Wall Street Republicans' dark secret: Hillary Clinton 2016 - Ben White and Maggie Haberman - POLITICO.com"

Why have you left out the Obama Administration having Goldman Sachs playing a big part in it too?

Old 05-17-2015, 05:39 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,118,859 times
Yes, GOP would love nothing more than good old Bernie being the Democratic nominee.

Mick

Old 05-17-2015, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Why have you left out the Obama Administration having Goldman Sachs playing a big part in it too?
Huh? Obama was explicitly mentioned in the OP and Goldman Sachs donations to his 2008 campaign in post #3...

Old 05-17-2015, 07:18 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Yes, GOP would love nothing more than good old Bernie being the Democratic nominee.

Mick
I think you might get surprised at how much they would end up NOT liking it. The guy is extremely well spoken, and is saying things that really resonate with folks. If he beats Clinton(10% likely in my opinion although I will vote for him in a primary), he will most likely (60% chance in my opinion) be able to beat the GOP candidate.

Old 05-17-2015, 07:30 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,653,986 times
Impossible

Old 05-17-2015, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Impossible
Why? Americans' trust in the media is at an all time low.

Trust in Mass Media Returns to All-Time Low

People are slowly but hopefully waking up to reality. I think having two supposedly opposite Presidents-back to back-with nearly identical economic and foreign policies, has shown people who is really in charge-and it ain't the people.

Old 05-18-2015, 12:04 AM

32,075 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
Goldman to the right of me. Labor unions to my left.

Here I am stuck in the middle with you ...

Republicans are against unions so why would unions support them. If republicans supported them just imagine what would happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies