U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 05-15-2015, 10:03 PM
 
Location: Aztlan
2,686 posts, read 1,410,808 times
Reputation: 1282

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Something the dead people he killed
will NEVER have access to, and that includes a "minute or so".
Actually, if you think about it, being dead(assuming there isn't a hell) would be pretty enjoyable. Sleep is sometimes called the "little death". Few things are more pleasurable than long and dreamless sleep.

 
Old 05-15-2015, 10:09 PM
 
444 posts, read 442,295 times
Reputation: 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerifree View Post
May he be slowly dismembered over the years of appeal that are certain to lay ahead.
We all know Allah, seven virgins, etc, etc...is not reality... but Hell is, and that's where this bacteria will spend eternity.
You believe in hell but you don't believe in a god?

PSA: Allah is not the Muslim god. The Muslim god is the same as the Christian god. Allah is just the Arabic word for god... Arab Christians say Allah when referring to god too.
 
Old 05-15-2015, 10:10 PM
 
9,897 posts, read 6,829,938 times
Reputation: 2519
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
What aren't you buying? Put yourself in this situation then. Here you are 21 either facing the death penalty or life in a max security prison. It's 23 hours of isolation every day. That in alone would drive anyone crazy.
You are acting like these peeps are normal. They are already crazy. With your argument, life imprisonment with solitary confinement goes far beyond what is proper for a "civilized society". So do the right thing, and kill him ASAP

Last edited by pollyrobin; 05-15-2015 at 10:20 PM..
 
Old 05-15-2015, 10:14 PM
 
Location: Aztlan
2,686 posts, read 1,410,808 times
Reputation: 1282
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
You are acting like these peeps are normal. They are already crazy.
Actually, Tsarnaev is not crazy. Assuming he is guilty(and I reserve the right to say that he is in actuality innocent) the actions pertaining to the bombing are not those of a crazy man. They required intelligence, planning, and execution. Those are hallmarks of rational thought processes. Besides, do you really think that it is ethical to impose capital punishment on someone who isn't playing with a full deck?
 
Old 05-15-2015, 10:19 PM
 
Location: Northeast
1,887 posts, read 1,785,684 times
Reputation: 3737
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
I am not buying that at all. And it doesn't matter what he wants. You know, sometimes you get what you need

What everyone should want, is to carry out the death penalty as quickly as possibly. It serves no
constructive purpose: financially, emotionally or otherwise, to keep him alive.
I agree.

I've flip flopped on this issue a bit because I never thought in my state they would rule the death penalty as
we r known as a most liberal state and figured there would be at least 1 juror to say no.

However I'm happy he got the death penalty as that what he deserved. At the end of the day we know this
scumbag will be put to death within "lets say 20 years". I'm happy with that, and as many taxpayers 20 years is better off than life in prison. Much cheaper. Personally I'd prefer they just string him up in down town bean town next week and save everyone the BS. But we have a legal system that showed some true merit in this case, and jurors who made the right choice. Kudos to them!

Yes he will appeal and all that but we all know that's going to be a losing venue and take some solace that he will be getting the needle down the road.

And no matter if one believes in hell, heavan or whatever...the bottom line is it's gonna be lights out for him.

An eye for and eye, i only wish it happens next week!!! Wishful thinking i know
 
Old 05-15-2015, 10:21 PM
 
20,586 posts, read 8,767,298 times
Reputation: 7082
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
You are acting like these peeps are normal. They are already crazy.
With your argument, life imprisonment with solitary confinement goes far beyond what is proper for a "civilized society". So do the right thing, and kill him ASAP
How so? You have no idea what crazy is until you spend a life in solitary confinement. I can only imagine and I would rather die then spend my life like that. So your answer is to kill him and put him out of any misery he would have. I would rather he spend living his life in misery every single day for the next 60 years or however long he lives. He is young so it should be a long time.
 
Old 05-15-2015, 10:28 PM
 
9,897 posts, read 6,829,938 times
Reputation: 2519
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
Actually, Tsarnaev is not crazy. Assuming he is guilty(and I reserve the right to say that he is in actuality innocent) the actions pertaining to the bombing are not those of a crazy man. They required intelligence, planning, and execution. Those are hallmarks of rational thought processes. Besides, do you really think that it is ethical to impose capital punishment on someone who isn't playing with a full deck?
When I mean crazy, I mean "out of your ****ing mind to think you can kill others" crazy. Sure hateful
people can be smart and crazy about hating/hurting others.

Capital punishment is probably too humane for some folks. IMO, it is simply the most equitable.
That includes the financial aspect of it as well. No reason, citizens need to be burned twice by
the same killer.
 
Old 05-15-2015, 10:32 PM
 
9,897 posts, read 6,829,938 times
Reputation: 2519
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
How so? You have no idea what crazy is until you spend a life in solitary confinement. I can only imagine and I would rather die then spend my life like that. So your answer is to kill him and put him out of any misery he would have. I would rather he spend living his life in misery every single day for the next 60 years or however long he lives. He is young so it should be a long time.
Kill him and get him out of our lives. BTW, do you have any idea what that 60 years is going to
cost. Why should I pay for that *******. Why should you. Why should anyone.
 
Old 05-15-2015, 10:42 PM
 
20,586 posts, read 8,767,298 times
Reputation: 7082
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Kill him and get him out of our lives. BTW, do you have any idea what that 60 years is going to
cost. Why should I pay for that *******. Why should you. Why should anyone.
We already have Richard Reid is solitary consignment. Just look up all the terrorists we have. So what's paying for one more.
 
Old 05-15-2015, 11:21 PM
 
Location: Stasis
15,839 posts, read 9,998,674 times
Reputation: 8545
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Kill him and get him out of our lives. BTW, do you have any idea what that 60 years is going to
cost. Why should I pay for that *******. Why should you. Why should anyone.
Why should you pay for anyone in prison? The car thief, the marijuana possessor, the wife beater, the Bernie Madoffs...? Let's kill everyone in prison. Its cheaper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:55 AM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top