Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2015, 12:12 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Show me the numbers. I keep hearing this chanted, but show me the numbers. There are nearly three times more generals now than there were in 1945. There are enough admirals to put one on nearly every Naval vessel (bigger than a "small boy"). The Air Force has put a general on nearly every base, replacing what had been a colonel's position.
Correct. That's what I meant when I mentioned 'star creep'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2015, 12:34 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Some how the left doesn't like strong generals.......notice how they tend to retire or go away when a Democrat is in charge.
Or they plead guilty to removing and retaining classified information

Old 05-16-2015, 01:12 PM

2,014 posts, read 1,529,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Good, the more the better.

Old 05-16-2015, 01:39 PM

27,143 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
I would call it a special operation of target opportunity not an offensive ... as long as they kill them!

Oh, an assassination.

Did they dump his body on the ocean?

Old 05-16-2015, 03:31 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Oh, an assassination.

Did they dump his body on the ocean?
And that matters because........?

Old 05-16-2015, 03:54 PM

17,622 posts, read 17,674,997 times
I'm glad the operation was carried out successfully with no loss of life on our side. I'm not happy with the amount of information they made public. Such information should have been withheld from the general public until deemed safe for release. Instead the told the enemy who carried out the attack, what information was discovered, and who was captured alive in the attack. This tells the enemy who to get revenge upon (like they did to the SEAL team that took out Obama, and what information we have on them allowing them to change tactics, contacts, and communication networks.

Old 05-16-2015, 03:58 PM

1,609 posts, read 1,079,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Wow, speaking of an example of ignorance
Nope. Speaking from an example of knowing facts. I also have the benefit of having traveled to the Middle East and have friends there. Because I have been involved with these friends via the Arabian horse on working with about 64 countries world-wide which includes most of the Middle Eastern Countries since the late 1980's, I also have the benefit of having a better understanding of the truth of the area which never comes out by reporters and/or diplomats who haven't a clue about the reality of life there.

Military personnel who have been exposed have a bit more understanding, but never get down into the actual living day-to-day under whatever dictator is (or in the case of Iraq, was) in charge of that particular country.

So, when I state that President Bush was right in what he did (remember, congress and many other countries agreed with him) I speak from a knowledgeable position.

Old 05-16-2015, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Show me the numbers. I keep hearing this chanted, but show me the numbers. There are nearly three times more generals now than there were in 1945. There are enough admirals to put one on nearly every Naval vessel (bigger than a "small boy"). The Air Force has put a general on nearly every base, replacing what had been a colonel's position.
BO fired our Generals who knew what they were doing and had the guts to tell him so. Arrogance and narcissism on BO's part won't let him be told anything, especially if the ones telling him are far smarter than he is.

Old 05-16-2015, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
I'm glad the operation was carried out successfully with no loss of life on our side. I'm not happy with the amount of information they made public. Such information should have been withheld from the general public until deemed safe for release. Instead the told the enemy who carried out the attack, what information was discovered, and who was captured alive in the attack. This tells the enemy who to get revenge upon (like they did to the SEAL team that took out Obama, and what information we have on them allowing them to change tactics, contacts, and communication networks.
Yes, another example of the stupidity of BO! He hasn't a clue. Just wants to pat himself on the back no matter what the expense to America's security suffers.

Old 05-16-2015, 04:21 PM

28,670 posts, read 18,788,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
I agree that there was no reason to release this information or the information about the attack on bin Laden (I think you suffered a Freudian slip there).

If I had been my decision, I might not yet have released the information that Special Forces had killed bin Laden. I certainly would not have released it immediately--I would have allowed the NSA and other intelligence agencies to take close note on changes in communication and other movements. That would probably have given some indication of who had been connected and who had not been.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies