Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2015, 08:30 AM

1,584 posts, read 1,974,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
Listen, it is genetics. Black folk that come to the US or are US born for some reason become lazy in general terms. The rest of the world isn't like this. There is no oppression at the level that blacks describe. Ethiopians in DC & Virginia are killing it and working hard. The reason for this laziness is because genetically, as a whole, black folk in the US don't want to progress. I know plenty of successful dark skinned managers in the military, medical, law enforcement, and technical sectors. These are the minority as the majority are content and lazy period.

Why is spirit air lines such a dump? Why do the Caribbeans that work there don't' fight for their unionization? Because they are content with just showing up to work and getting standby flights to their home country. This is what the US has done to them...

P.S.- I am from the Caribbean that grew up in both all black and white neighborhoods. I lived in 7 countries, policed both all white and all black neighborhoods. Try arguing with me on this subject any day. I call my people out all day everyday.....

Not everyone is on that koolaid...

Black Men, Not White Supremacy, That Is The Biggest Threat To Black Men!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKH-f1WZu08
I strongly agree a lot of African folks immigrating to the U.S. are high performers. It's all about parenting. They don't make excuses for themselves---they work hard and keep their noses clean. Here's a good example:

Mason whiz kid accepted to 5 Ivy League schools

Old 05-20-2015, 08:35 AM

4,538 posts, read 6,451,919 times
Asians are sneaky on paper they look great. But when you do business with them or have them as neighbors or employees they seem like model citzens but them over time you realize certain things.

For one they have little respect for religion or laws, but great respect for keeping up appearences. I rather deal with honest blacks who will steal your wallet right to your face rather than steal your money by slowly soaking your life savings while smiling and saying good morning every day

Old 05-20-2015, 08:35 AM

The liberals thru their welfare system have enslaved the blacks again. The Democrats give them handouts in exchange for their votes.

Old 05-20-2015, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyJet View Post
Asians are sneaky on paper they look great. But when you do business with them or have them as neighbors or employees they seem like model citzens but them over time you realize certain things.

For one they have little respect for religion or laws, but great respect for keeping up appearences. I rather deal with honest blacks who will steal your wallet right to your face rather than steal your money by slowly soaking your life savings while smiling and saying good morning every day
I agree many Asian nationals (the ones that live in Thailand and China, etc.) have less than ideal business ethics; however, the Asians who've moved to America and have been "Americanized" are very ethical. That's my experience.

Old 05-20-2015, 09:11 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,828,810 times
The professor is an idiot.

He speaks about Asians naming their kids traditional American first names and black people giving kids ghetto names. I am black and my name is a very common, Irish name. I have 3 brothers and all of them have common names.

Also, the professor, like many it seems on this thread, only associate black people with the underclass of black Americans. Over 70% of black Americans are not in poverty. Black people since the 1960s have as a group achieved many successes in regards to education and economics.

I saw that this thread was removed yesterday, not sure why it returned. Too people want to bash the blacks and base their presumptions on biased media sources or long standing prejudicial racial attitudes which are still prevalent in society.

As a black person, I know that I cannot be compared to an "Asian." Which Asians and which blacks would be compared to each other. Not all Asians do well in all facets of life and the vast majority of both blacks and Asians do fine and are not illiterate or thugs or criminals.

It's too bad that someone who is supposed to be an academic has such antiquated, prejudicial and racist views. I'm glad he was fired. He has no business being an educator due to his bias.

Old 05-20-2015, 09:15 AM

2,686 posts, read 1,771,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post

It's too bad that someone who is supposed to be an academic has such antiquated, prejudicial and racist views. I'm glad he was fired. He has no business being an educator due to his bias.
Glad to see that you support freedom of speech. What is racist about stating the truth?

Old 05-20-2015, 09:33 AM

2,630 posts, read 1,456,284 times
Rightly so. This guy is not an academic. He is clone of Faux News. How does anyone one with a grain of common sense compare Asians and Black Americans?

Old 05-20-2015, 09:41 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,828,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
Glad to see that you support freedom of speech. What is racist about stating the truth?
Racism is the belief that one group is superior to another. By him believing that Asians on the whole are better than or superior to blacks as a whole is the classic definition of being a racist.

His work entails that he represents an higher learning institution. He has every right to speak his racist viewpoints whenever he wants. I am very much in support of free speech. But he also has to deal wit the consequences of his racist view points. Not many colleges/universities want to have a racist on the staff, especially when they draw students from all ethnic backgrounds and they stand to lose money or their reputations by being associated with a racist.

And FWIW, I rarely use the term racist to describe anyone. But this guy is the definition of a racist. For you to believe he spoke "the truth" when I as a black person have a regular "American" last name and first name. My family has been in this country since the 1700s and I am already "assimilated" and to think that Asians are not Americans and that all persons of Asian descent share the same personal qualities and characteristics is just idiotic.

I personally feel that racism is bred from ignorance. Anyone who adheres to racist ideologies are ignorant people and that is okay as long as they seek to overcome their ignorance when confronted with reality. This guy though is just stupid (ignorance is not knowing any better; stupid is knowing but still being ignorant). His position allows him to know what he is saying is not the truth.

Old 05-20-2015, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
The professor is an idiot.

He speaks about Asians naming their kids traditional American first names and black people giving kids ghetto names. I am black and my name is a very common, Irish name. I have 3 brothers and all of them have common names.
I think he's referring to the blacks who give their kids "ghetto" names. And I agree with him. It would be very difficult to overcome the stigma of a "ghetto" name in certain vocations...business, legal, banking, etc. Just hard to take some seriously with a stupid sounding name.

And he feels Asians are superior to blacks not for genetic reasons, but because Asians out produce blacks in the USA. But that's cultural mainly due to Asian parents emphasizing education and work ethic. For example, Asian kids don't look down on kids who succeed in school----a black kid doing well in school is called an Uncle Tom by his black friends. VERY VERY SAD

Old 05-20-2015, 09:58 AM

12,964 posts, read 13,681,864 times
I won't hold my breath for him to compare white people in Appalachia to Asian immigrants, or for that matter Native Americans living on the res'.

Last edited by thriftylefty; 05-20-2015 at 10:16 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies