U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 05-22-2015, 04:16 PM
 
Location: DFW - Coppell / Las Colinas
31,677 posts, read 36,354,823 times
Reputation: 38006

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
You grew up with her and witnessed her day to day experiences? Wow, I didn't realize that we have citydata members that have this type of relationship with the first lady. Guess you learn something new everyday.

I also didn't realize that because someone is in a good place in life, that means that person never had a hard day or had racist encounters or had relatives, friends, or associates that had bad experiences that were discussed amongst them. I guess that's far from impossible, for people who make it big to not have bad days...
At least Oprah has a good story to tell. Michelle not so much.

 
Old 05-22-2015, 04:44 PM
 
3,067 posts, read 2,492,170 times
Reputation: 3608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
At least Oprah has a good story to tell. Michelle not so much.
And Oprah has what to do with you indicating that Michelle never had a bad day? My question is, did you witness her day-to-day experiences, growing up, and is that how you know that she never had a bad day, or a struggle, or a racist experience? If you did no witness this, then how can you say that she never went through anything?
 
Old 05-22-2015, 04:49 PM
 
44,195 posts, read 17,620,398 times
Reputation: 18629
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
And Oprah has what to do with you indicating that Michelle never had a bad day? My question is, did you witness her day-to-day experiences, growing up, and is that how you know that she never had a bad day, or a struggle, or a racist experience? If you did no witness this, then how can you say that she never went through anything?
How can you argue that she didn't for the same reasons?
 
Old 05-22-2015, 04:59 PM
 
Location: One of the 13 original colonies.
10,134 posts, read 6,446,960 times
Reputation: 7983
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
This is an absurd thread and topic, absolutely laughable in its level of seriousness. It is meaningless.

The First Lady gave an extraordinary speech about a topic she has supreme knowledge about.



LOL! Seems the Obama's have a catnip like effect on you. Do you get stars in your eyes when you see them?
 
Old 05-22-2015, 05:00 PM
 
3,067 posts, read 2,492,170 times
Reputation: 3608
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
How can you argue that she didn't for the same reasons?
Except I didn't make that argument at all. I didn't say what kind of life Michelle had because I don't know. He made the statement that she's never had a bad day and I asked him how he knew this, and if he was there to see her day-to-day experiences to have that type of information. Because I'm honestly curious. I don't know know if Michelle struggled or not, or if she knows people who struggled, or if she's had racists experiences, or if she knows people that had racists experience and relayed them to her. I don't know because I wasn't there. Because of this I can't say with certainty the way he did that she's never had a bad day.
 
Old 05-22-2015, 05:02 PM
 
Location: Florida
21,957 posts, read 9,327,911 times
Reputation: 17940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
At least Oprah has a good story to tell. Michelle not so much.
Yes because being the first black First Lady of the US is such an ordinary experience. Happens every day.
 
Old 05-22-2015, 05:20 PM
 
Location: Florida
21,957 posts, read 9,327,911 times
Reputation: 17940
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Why should anyone spend time to "enlighten" you? Who has ever heard of you? Yet here you are posting in Current Events.
Oh--I was not aware that people are using me or my personal opinion as a 'source' in order to make a point when initiating a thread in Current Events.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
You give opinion, nothing more nothing less. To demand that someone do the impossible, and convince you that a negative story about Michelle Obama belongs in "Current Events", or presumably they erred putting it here, is a fallacious argument and disingenuous.
Actually it is your logic that is fallacious and disingenuous.

Rachel was used as 'source' for the giddy proclamation that "Michelle is not fooling all blacks." One lone unknown person has an opinion, and that is cause for a massively hasty generalization? Very faulty logic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
It's exactly the same sort of nonsensical logic that Michelle, yammered about in her speech.
What is extremely disingenuous is pretending to debate a point for intellectual reasons when it is merely an excuse, as all one really wants to do is make a condescendingly crass comment about the First Lady.

And of course 'nonsensical' is simply an opinion. Nothing more.
 
Old 05-22-2015, 05:34 PM
 
Location: Oklahoma
6,678 posts, read 6,101,314 times
Reputation: 5935
Ken Hamblin/Armstrong Williams wannabe.
 
Old 05-22-2015, 05:38 PM
 
44,195 posts, read 17,620,398 times
Reputation: 18629
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
.... Because I'm honestly curious. I don't know know if Michelle struggled or not, or if she knows people who struggled, or if she's had racists experiences, or if she knows people that had racists experience and relayed them to her. I don't know because I wasn't there. Because of this I can't say with certainty the way he did that she's never had a bad day.
I'm thinking you are not going to get a definitive answer to this on this, an anonymous Internet forum. You should probably send Obama a letter if you really want to know.
 
Old 05-22-2015, 05:47 PM
 
44,195 posts, read 17,620,398 times
Reputation: 18629
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Oh--I was not aware that people are using me or my personal opinion as a 'source' in order to make a point when initiating a thread in Current Events. Actually it is your logic that is fallacious and disingenuous. Rachel was used as 'source' for the giddy proclamation that "Michelle is not fooling all blacks." One lone unknown person has an opinion, and that is cause for a massively hasty generalization? Very faulty logic.What is extremely disingenuous is pretending to debate a point for intellectual reasons when it is merely an excuse, as all one really wants to do is make a condescendingly crass comment about the First Lady. And of course 'nonsensical' is simply an opinion. Nothing more.
Interesting prose but has nothing to do with the point at hand. That point is that you demand to know why this is in current events. There is no logic to this question as presumably this isn't your forum. Hence logically you ask the question for other reasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top