Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2015, 03:32 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,369,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
This is an absurd thread and topic, absolutely laughable in its level of seriousness. It is meaningless.
Say's you. No it isn't. We are not 'cowards' when it comes to talking about race. When racism rears it's ugly head it needs to be discussed. And not in the way true racists desire which is to shut down the discussion by shout what they believe to be opposition down.

Quote:
The First Lady gave an extraordinary speech about a topic she has supreme knowledge about.
Folks we have here the FIRST and LAST time I will agree with the above poster.

Explanation:

1. First Lady - of course she is but she has no class.
2. 'extraordinary speech' - as in 'good'? Not in my estimation. It was extraordinarily racist in nature.
3. 'supreme knowledge about' - here is where I agree.......she professes to have that knowledge but has NO experience of it. Stories made up to stir up the masses with made up crap done in a way to fan flames of hatred.

Alfonso made an excellent Youtube in response. As a 63 year old white male from the north, living in the south, I grew up with the word ******. And my wife did as well. The both of us raised three beautiful kids and we never taught them the word and we taught them discrimination was wrong. They turned out fine. I have worked with blacks in EVERY job I have ever done - from digging holes to management. I've never seen the behavior of lazy and stupid with black people. I'll roll the dice here and say I have many friends and current co-workers who are black. Go ahead and throw the punch. I can take it. We get along VERY well on every level - professionally and socially.

Rant mode = OFF

Old 05-23-2015, 03:47 AM

692 posts, read 957,702 times
Quote:
What if the thread starter was "giddy" because they felt as though this man, Alfonza Rachel, is displaying the type of attitude that will help many in the "black" community free themselves of unnecessary discontentment with everything about white people?

What if the OP is giddy because Alfonzo is standing up against the type of rotten attitude (shown by Michelle) that is holding the "black" community back and causing racial strife that negatively affects both "white" and "black" folks alike.

How would you feel then?
I'd still think he's missing the point.

For starters, to say that there's unnecessary discontentment with White people is naïve. Even Black people who are educated are still employed at lower rates than White people and face workplace discrimination. Michelle Obama (someone who graduated from an Ivy league school) still regularly gets referred to as a "monkey" despite being the first lady of the US.

So please explain to me what about her speech was incorrect? Because despite being the First Lady, to many people she's still just a n*gger and many have openly treated her as such. How are Black people supposed to feel about that?

Univision host fired for 'Planet of the Apes' Michelle Obama remark | MSNBC

Quite frankly, a Black person could do everything "right" and still be seen as a criminal, a thug and less than a human being. It's happened to me, and I'm about as far from a thug as I could possibly get.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies