Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2015, 08:28 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,938,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
You do not represent all of law enforcement.

Plenty of departments still lock up people for cannabis, to say otherwise is just being willfully ignorant, or just plain stupid.
Exactly. I didn't know we were denying reality here.

Marijuana arrests peaked at an historic high only a few years ago....

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2015, 08:36 AM

463 posts, read 320,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Please demonstrate where Americans are being ... heck everything you said...
Provide verifiable large scale policy that does anything you assert

We don't jail people for marijuana... haven't for years...
Stay away from the diesel strain... it can mess up your brain and make one say crazy things
I'm telling you notmeofficer, Oklahoma is absolutely rabid about it.

The prosecutors there (and maybe everywhere) get their raises and promotions based on the number of convictions they get. They will absolutely destroy a person's life for one joint if they can possibly swing it. After doing so day after day, they somehow manage to sleep just fine.

Even worse, the law enforcement agencies there (especially the Oklahoma Bureau of Narcotics) wants your car and your house. Badly. They will file forfeiture proceedings in order to get your house with as little as one plant found growing in the backyard. If it is completely paid for, you can consider it lost.

Here is just one city's forfeiture data. Since the majority of arrests and forfeitures come from drug busts, and since this data represents only one city, I believe the carnage caused by forfeiture proceedings nation wide qualifies for your "large scale policy".

Philadelphia Earns Millions By Seizing Cash And Homes From People Never Charged With A Crime - Forbes

Quote:
According to data collected by the Institute for Justice, between 2002 and 2012, the Philadelphia District Attorney’s Office seized and forfeited over 3,000 vehicles, nearly 1,200 homes and other real estate properties and $44 million in cash. Altogether, Philadelphia has generated a staggering $64 million in forfeiture proceeds, which equals one-fifth of the DA Office’s entire budget. Forty percent of those funds—$25 million—pay law enforcement salaries, including the salaries for the prosecutors who have used civil forfeiture against families
BTW, the maximum penalty in Oklahoma for growing a plant is life in prison. The maximum penalty for making cannabis oil, like that used to treat epileptic seizures in children, is double life. It makes me embarrassed to originally be from there.

Last edited by Vistaian; 06-19-2015 at 08:49 AM..

Old 06-19-2015, 11:19 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,596,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
If this were true, there would be more talk about it on a federal level.
I find it odd, that while states are decriminalizing it Delaware governor signs bill decriminalizing pot: report | Reuters
Quote:
Marijuana remains classified as an illegal narcotic under U.S. federal law.
It does not take away from:
US Patent 6630507: The Nail in the Drug War Coffin? |
Quote:
Share this article, and tell anyone who will listen that there is clear, easy to obtain proof that our government is soldiering on both sides of the War on Drugs. This means that no matter what side you’re on personally, you’re battling a hypocritical traitor.
Talk on the federal level, what level is Obama at who says, MJ, no more dangerous than alcohol. I'm not sure, but isn't that ... talking?

Do you think the states are legalizing it, for our health? lol There's money in that weed. Not just in the weed itself, but in the laundering of money through its vast connections. (State-to-state, country-to-country.)

Old 06-19-2015, 11:23 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,596,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Uh-huh. So why are you against decriminalization if you truly don't want to give the Government power to kidnap, incarcerate, torture and kill Americans for growing and consuming a plant?

I don't think the Government should tax it either, but you just seem like one of those VERY dangerous and rabid status-quo supporters.
Have you ever known the U.S. Government to play by the rules they set up?

Old 06-19-2015, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Do you think the states are legalizing it, for our health? lol
The states are legalizing it because it is what the majority of the citizens want.

Only once we have reached the point that so many states have legalized it that the feds have no choice, will they then reluctantly legalize it on the federal level.

When they do so, they will say something like "We are not saying we agree with this", and possibly something like "We are not saying this is the right thing to do".

That might help deflect a few of the lawsuits that will follow from people who have been harmed by a law that the government knew all along was harming people by the millions.

Old 06-19-2015, 11:32 AM

2,950 posts, read 1,638,096 times
Quote:
Please demonstrate where Americans are being ... heck everything you said...
Provide verifiable large scale policy that does anything you assert

We don't jail people for marijuana... haven't for years...
Stay away from the diesel strain... it can mess up your brain and make one say crazy things
It's amazing how ignorant you are when it comes to cannabis, considering how rabid you are about the subject.

Posters here are going out of their way to give you a free education. You should be thankful, not argumentative.

Old 06-19-2015, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
It's amazing how ignorant you are when it comes to cannabis, considering how rabid you are about the subject.

Posters here are going out of their way to give you a free education. You should be thankful, not argumentative.
He isn't just ignorant and rabid about it, but he is actually considered an expert on it in his jurisdiction.

They even use him as an "expert witness" when it is time to make cannabis laws.

That is like going to a car salesman to get his opinion on whether one should buy a new car or not.

It shows just how broken our government is.

Last edited by Vistaian; 06-19-2015 at 11:55 AM..

Old 06-19-2015, 12:39 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,938,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Have you ever known the U.S. Government to play by the rules they set up?
Never-which is exactly why I don't want to give the Government insane rules to enforce that allow them to kidnap, imprison, torture and even kill Americans. It allows them to invade other countries and dictate policies under the guise of morality. You support some seriously dangerous laws for society and the World.

As vistaian pointed out, it even gives the Government power to steal assets, homes, etc. from someone charged with even a non-violent drug crime, and even some not charged with any crime at all.

Why do you think law enforcement spends nearly ALL their time on chasing drug dealers, users, etc.? It is because it is most profitable for them. When they aren't attacking non-violent "drug criminals" they are setting up speed traps, installing red light cameras and doing whatever else will bring in the most revenue to the Government.

You are essentially saying we should agree with corrupt businessmen and politicians from the 1930's and believe that man knows better than nature and our creator. Indoctrinated much?

Old 06-19-2015, 12:42 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
Google it please
It takes on average 12 years for a new drug to go through phase one through three trials.. costs approximately 350 million dollars.. and only 1 in 1000 drugs make it all the way from testing to store shelves

In other news yesterday
Four teens in Washington state.. a mj permissive state... were run down by a driver who was high..killing two of them . The drug suspected ... marijuana... per an internal memo.. blood test for THC conducted

So nail in the coffin.?...

How about coffins for kids....
I want to address this. In May of 1999, I was involved in a hit and run that left me with injuries I still suffer from today. Luckily, a good samartin saw the accident, (he was right behind me), saw the ahole who hit me flee, and he turned his car around, and chased him down to get the license plate. The good person came back to the scene and gave that info to the police, who then went to the vehicle owner's house. The guy was stoned when he hit me. He drove after smoking pot, and it caused his reaction time to be very poor. (Despite what some people pretend, it does affect you.)

The only reason I'm not dead or in a wheel chair is because of my OWN driving skills. I drove for a living. I drove hundreds of miles a week, and when you do something constantly, you get really good at it. Even the people who witnessed the accident said it was exceptional driving skills. The pot head was coming at me head on...I didn't let him hit me head on, nor did I hit anyone else that was on the road with us, while I did my maneuvers.

Even still, despite all of that, I still say make it legal. Let people smoke themselves stupid, who cares. As I said to you earlier, we already have laws that deal with losers who affect others. We don't need more laws.

As for the FDA...I don't trust them so no, I don't want marijuana subjected to 10 years of study by the FDA. I have no faith in the FDA, because there's way too much politics going on, and people get paid to say things whether they are for profit or non profit, (looking at you, CDC). I'm not arguing that any study thus far is false, as many pot heads will tell you, I'm arguing that the FDA is not something I trust.

And once again, as I said earlier, this should not be up to the Federal Government. This should be for each state to decide.

Let the states make it legal because we have enough big government as it is. I can't stand any resemblance to a nanny state, I don't like the government intruding in to our personal lives, they need to stay OUT of our personal lives, and in some cases, that means that things I think are stupid, wasteful, and disgusting will also be left alone by the Federal Government. It's not their damn business. They work for us, we do NOT work for them.

Make it legal because if someone wants to destroy themselves, LET. THEM. Who. Cares. Let them do whatever they want to themselves. If they want to overeat, let them. If they want to drink pop all day, let them. If they want to smoke cigarettes, **** and let them. If they want to sit on their butts all day and get zero exercise, let them. If they want to take other drugs, let them. If they want to drink themselves to death, let them. I don't care. The only time I care is when someone affects my life by their own choices and/or stupidity....but again, we already have those laws, just enforce them. If the person only hurts themselves by their own choices and/or stupidity, who the hell cares.

Old 06-19-2015, 08:34 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,722,027 times
I'm sorry about the accident & you suffering, but did MJ cause it? We didn't get a police report, was it just a trace of MJ like 1 nanogram per deciliter? Is a person with .04 B.A.C., half the minimum for barely drunk, causing accidents? That's maximum possible MJ impairment, using as much as possible.

Cannabis can be detected as inactive metabolites in fat a month after last use. .01% B.A.C. is 1/8th of minimum level for barely drunk. Does that cause accidents? Should they be arrested?

I mostly agree with you. FDA is just lobbying arm of pill cos. They only allow taxpayer money to be used for studies that say what pill cos. want & they don't want competition. Negativity abt MJ a must.
94% of the 22,000 studies have 1 or more misleading statements. In 1976, Gerald Ford gave pill cos. sole rights to decide who got MJ research money from taxpayers. No truth wanted!

Some need cannabis to live, or to enjoy life. Probably best treatment for depression. Best wishes.

Quote:
I was in a hit and run that left me with injuries I still suffer from. A good samartin saw the accident, and chased him down to get the license plate. The guy was stoned when he hit me. He drove after smoking pot, it caused his reaction time to be very poor. The pot head was coming at me head on.

I still say make it legal. Let people smoke themselves stupid. We already have laws that deal with losers who affect others. We don't need more laws.

The FDA...I don't trust them. I have no faith in the FDA, because there's way too much politics going on, and people get paid to say things whether they are for profit or non profit. I'm not arguing that any study thus far is false, I'm arguing that the FDA is not something I trust.

This should not be up to the Federal Government. This should be for each state to decide.

Let the states make it legal because we have enough big government as it is. I can't stand any resemblance to a nanny state, I don't like the government intruding in to our personal lives, they need to stay OUT of our personal lives. They work for us, we do NOT work for them.

If someone wants to destroy themselves, LET. THEM. The only time I care is when someone affects my life by their own choices and/or stupidity....but again, we already have those laws, just enforce them. If the person only hurts themselves, who cares.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies