Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2015, 05:54 AM

40,962 posts, read 49,272,120 times

Advertisements

He did get one of the largest Tax Laws (ACA) passed ever against the Middle Class.

For a Liberal Democrat that's a dream goal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2015, 07:20 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,816,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I think they are so accustomed to failure that they don't know what seven years of success really looks like.

It's true, it may sound a bit over the top but I'm completely serious. They think the Bush/Cheney era were good times, is it any surprise they cannot begin to understand what has happened for the last 7 years?
The housing bubble drove the economy for several years.

The war was primarily funded by emergency appropriations, not budget.

Congress threw the people a tax cut bone and most did not seem to notice or care about personal or government debt.

Old 06-17-2015, 07:24 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,710,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
More like 20..... Bush 41 got us oil at $20 a barrel after Iraq, then Clinton early on had a " Leave The Economy Alone" approach that worked quite well until his second term and then he started to screw around and mess with it. Then Bush 43 and Obama where things took a major step back and accelerated. Now its Hillary Bush Vs Jeb Obama and somehow things are supposed to magically get fixed? I don't think so.

Donald Trump sounds better everyday.

Old 06-17-2015, 07:26 AM

30,519 posts, read 19,271,318 times
Right Obama has done almost nothing. When nancy and Harry were running the country, everything was going to hell. After the Repubs won the House things began improving. Now with the Repubs controlling the House & Senate, we have the greatest number of job openings since 2000.

Old 06-17-2015, 07:37 AM

615 posts, read 727,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Hold on, I thought it was a good thing if the federal government did nothing?? Can you wingnuts stay consistent for just one week??
I meant that he did nothing to improve the country.

Yes, it would be a big improvement if the federal government actually shut down for 7 years.

Old 06-17-2015, 07:44 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,669,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Right Obama has done almost nothing. When nancy and Harry were running the country, everything was going to hell. After the Repubs won the House things began improving. Now with the Repubs controlling the House & Senate, we have the greatest number of job openings since 2000.
lol... this is hilarious. Now that the GOP is in control of the house the job numbers are legit.

you guys really need to make up your mind

Old 06-17-2015, 07:45 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,669,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidRudisha View Post
I meant that he did nothing to improve the country.

Yes, it would be a big improvement if the federal government actually shut down for 7 years.
just admit you don't have a clue what you actually meant when you posted this joke of a thread.

Old 06-17-2015, 07:54 AM

698 posts, read 589,131 times
Quote:
Obama is the ultimate do-nothing president. All that's happened under his watch has been a massive increase in the national debt and an asset / stock market bubble. We might as well just replace Obama with a machine that gives speeches and signs any spending bill that reaches his desk. What a joke this guy has been. There has zero decrease in the rate of decline of this country under his watch; in fact, this country is going to Hell at a faster rate than ever before.
It might be time to find sources other than Fox News and talk radio if you want to learn any actual facts. Compared to where things were when he took over, there is no rational dispute that Obama has made substantial, quantifiable improvements in many areas.

GDP is up
Stock market is at record highs
Job growth best in more than a decade
Disengagement and drawdown from two foreign wars
Largest reduction in number of people without health insurance ever in history of US
DADT gone
DOMA gone
Legalized gay marriage a virtual certainty nationwide

Old 06-17-2015, 07:58 AM

30,111 posts, read 18,712,684 times
Quote:
Obama is the ultimate do-nothing president. All that's happened under his watch has been a massive increase in the national debt and an asset / stock market bubble. We might as well just replace Obama with a machine that gives speeches and signs any spending bill that reaches his desk. What a joke this guy has been. There has zero decrease in the rate of decline of this country under his watch; in fact, this country is going to Hell at a faster rate than ever before.

Unfortunately, MOST of our politicians (regardless of party) are bought and sold by lobbyists and special interest groups, which subvert any legislation that will ultimately benefit the balance of the nation, particularly the middle class.

Until the process and procedures of our elections, rules on lobbying and donations, as well as term limits are addressed, we can expect more of the same from both parties.

I really don't think there is a dime's bit of difference between most of the republicans and democrats anymore.

Old 06-17-2015, 08:29 AM

30,519 posts, read 19,271,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
lol... this is hilarious. Now that the GOP is in control of the house the job numbers are legit.

you guys really need to make up your mind
I don't know who 'you guys' entails but from your comment, I don't think I am one of 'you guys.'...I've had my mind made up for along time. The last 2 years of George W's presidency, Nancy and harry drove the economy into the dirt and spiraled the deficit up....then when Obama, nancy, and Harry controlled all areas of the federal government, things got much worse including the highest deficits in US history, high unemployment. When Repubs got control of the House, things started improving and continue to improve with the Repubs now controlling both House & Senate.

It looks like the Repub House and Senate has saved the Obama do-nothing Presidency similar to Newt saving Clinton's butt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies