Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2015, 05:21 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,324,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Are you sure of those numbers? It was a few hundred from what I saw and not the bridge (was down Calhoun, ending down near Market). The bridge unity chain was last night, about 20,000 people and had nothing to do with the flag - just a show of unity and togetherness.

Just want to make sure everyone keeps the facts straight.
Thanks. I stand corrected. I was confusing the 'unity chain' with the flag demonstration.

Old 06-22-2015, 05:23 PM

46,978 posts, read 26,041,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
I'm glad that you agree.
You appear to think that's some sort of big gotcha. Not sure why.

Quote:
Are you going to support the establishment Democrats and GOP(all leftists) who rule by force, or are you going to advocate for true liberty which is the underlying principle which the Republic was formed?
Hey, look - a false dilemma! Isn't that just adorable?

Old 06-22-2015, 05:23 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,036,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Thanks. I stand corrected. I was confusing the 'unity chain' with the flag demonstration.
Yeah, local media covered the events extensively but national media has cherry picked it. Too bad they didn't cover the event last night on the bridge. It was really something else. Truly was telling on how we are in Charleston as a people. Love my city!

Old 06-22-2015, 05:27 PM

2,686 posts, read 1,773,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
A stupid statement considering Nixon, as is evidenced by the Watergate tapes, used the N word frequently.
Are you forgetting that Lyndon Johnson used the "N-word", opposed the first Civil Rights Bill authored by Republicans*which eventually became the bi-partisan Civil Rights Bill of 1964) and famously said"I will have those ******s voting Democrat for the next 200 years."

Hint for brainwashed Dems who have been indoctrinated in supporting Lyndon Johnson, LBJ was a racist who used a word that started in "N" in the "asterisk" word". Wake up!

Old 06-22-2015, 05:28 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,378,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
How did you decide that? Slave owners carried that flag.
Slave owners carried the stars and stripes US flag too. Funny how the "confederate flag" wasn't considered racist in the 80's when it was on TV every week.

How long until the democrats (the main people up in arms about the northern Virginia battle flag) want to ban the Mississippi state flag too?

Old 06-22-2015, 05:29 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,220,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I was born and raised in the South and live here in South Carolina and the only people I've ever heard call it the War of Northern Aggression are yankees trying to act southern. No one calls it that here. We call it the Civil War just like everyone else.
I was in Georgia, lived in Dalton for a while(actually between Dalton and Calhoun), that is where I heard it called the War of northern aggression. But it wasn't called that all the time, it was more in jest. I took a trip up to Tennessee with my sister, to this place where they had "Dinner theater". Where the host put on a play which allowed you to see the Civil War through the eyes of a Tennessee soldier and his family.

He had all the flags of the Confederacy on a wall and gave us their history.

This is the one. Was very enlightening.

Buttonwillow Church Civil War Dinner Theater (Whitwell, TN): Address, Phone Number, Top-Rated Attraction Reviews - TripAdvisor

Old 06-22-2015, 05:31 PM

40,955 posts, read 49,242,733 times
Quote:
A stupid statement considering Nixon, as is evidenced by the Watergate tapes, used the N word frequently.
In the last 60 years, I'd say LBJ is probably in front of Obama in the race to be the head Presidential Racist.

LBJ may win the grand prize.

Old 06-22-2015, 05:32 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,210,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
Are you forgetting that Lyndon Johnson used the "N-word", opposed the first Civil Rights Bill authored by Republicans*which eventually became the bi-partisan Civil Rights Bill of 1964) and famously said"I will have those ******s voting Democrat for the next 200 years."
Another President who disproves your claim.

Racism stops a beating heart.

Old 06-22-2015, 05:34 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,036,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I was in Georgia, lived in Dalton for a while(actually between Dalton and Calhoun), that is where I heard it called the War of northern aggression. But it wasn't called that all the time, it was more in jest. I took a trip up to Tennessee with my sister, to this place where they had "Dinner theater". Where the host put on a play which allowed you to see the Civil War through the eyes of a Tennessee soldier and his family.

He had all the flags of the Confederacy on a wall and gave us their history.

This is the one. Was very enlightening.

Buttonwillow Church Civil War Dinner Theater (Whitwell, TN): Address, Phone Number, Top-Rated Attraction Reviews - TripAdvisor
Ah, the jest thing makes sense. I know in Hollywood's version of the South, we're all down here reenacting the Civil War and causing it the War of Northern Aggression - which don't even get me started on Hollywood's portrayal of the South! I'm originally from Georgia myself - very deep south Georgia.

Old 06-22-2015, 05:34 PM

2,686 posts, read 1,773,146 times
Quote:
Another President who disproves your claim.
LBJ proves my claim, why don't you say what you really think, or are you afraid?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies