Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 12:25 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,038,460 times

Advertisements

Fire up the all inclusives and cruise ship docks!! Cuba is the biggest island in the Caribbean and has a ton of room to grow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2015, 12:35 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I remember when this country cut off diplomatic relations with Cuba. I never expected this foolishness to stop. I am glad that it has.

Now to set up an old car import business.
Set up a business to export rugged used cars to Cuba instead. Somebody's going to get really rich doing that.

Old 07-01-2015, 12:47 PM

469 posts, read 577,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♪♫♪♪♫♫♪♥ View Post
I met a few Cuban Americans when I lived in Florida, and every single one of them was diehard Republican. I don't know if that was coincidence, if it has something to do with hailing from a hard leftist country, and I'm not sure why I'm bringing this up here, but somehow it seems relevant to mention.

It wasn't coincidence. Almost every Cuban I know tends to lean towards the right. There are exceptions, of course, but generally that is the case.

Old 07-01-2015, 12:59 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,445,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvtraveler View Post
It wasn't coincidence. Almost every Cuban I know tends to lean towards the right. There are exceptions, of course, but generally that is the case.
Florida is a Republican stronghold state!

Old 07-01-2015, 01:10 PM

23,561 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
'Bout time. We need to speed this thing along as fast as possible so that a possible Repubican President can't torpedo the deal.
Yep, and the democratic senator who was the loudest critic of opening Cuba is now under investigation and has been indicted. The democratic critics have been silenced.

Worked so well with Gen petreus who was outspoken against Obama's middle east action. Silence via persecution.

So how about that Joann Chesimard? Will obama pardon her?

Fine open Cuba but Obama gave away the store. He truly has no ability to negotiate. He is a bull in a china shop except the with the people he is expected to and rolls over in negotiations with our enemies.

This should be interesting. Easier access for terrorists from Iran and the middle east to enter our country and a haven for terrorists that escaped our shores.

Old 07-01-2015, 01:11 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Well, first Mojito is on me.
I can dig it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvtraveler View Post
The young ones still lean to the right, but i've hit a few blogs and found that Cuban American youth generally side with Obama on this one.

Old 07-01-2015, 02:19 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
The 2 Castros just need to hurry up and die. Period.

Old 07-01-2015, 06:49 PM

2,593 posts, read 4,239,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Give it about 40 more years & it might happen lol.

Old 07-01-2015, 06:53 PM

31,068 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
They have Castros coming coming out their tails. The famila Dictatorship will last forever!

Old 07-01-2015, 07:22 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Yep, and the democratic senator who was the loudest critic of opening Cuba is now under investigation and has been indicted. The democratic critics have been silenced.

Worked so well with Gen petreus who was outspoken against Obama's middle east action. Silence via persecution.

So how about that Joann Chesimard? Will obama pardon her?

Fine open Cuba but Obama gave away the store. He truly has no ability to negotiate. He is a bull in a china shop except the with the people he is expected to and rolls over in negotiations with our enemies.

This should be interesting. Easier access for terrorists from Iran and the middle east to enter our country and a haven for terrorists that escaped our shores.
Petraeus was persecuted? LOL...Obama forced him to have an affair? Interesting.

Nevermind Joann Chesimard. That is, unless you're willing to turn over all Cuban criminals that we have in the United States that the Castros would love to have in their custody.

And you aren't willing to do that.

Now to the real meat...Obama "gave away the store?"

What store? That country is called Cuba; this country is called the United States. He didn't "roll over in negotiations with our enemies." Cuba isn't our enemy. They're a sovereign nation, and what they do within Cuba is none of our business. Obama doesn't need to negotiate anything with Cuba except for when do we resume full trade and open embassies.

As for your assertion about terrorists from Iran and the Middle East...that's not even worth addressing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies