Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2015, 07:09 PM

15 posts, read 14,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
I like the answers I'm seeing. The more restrictions you put on the market and the more you try to micromanage it, the less wealth you'll end up with. Neither party has any intention of actually giving up state control.
That's very true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2015, 07:32 PM

Bring back the Clintons I say.

Old 07-05-2015, 07:47 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,193,867 times
I would take a healthy liberal economy over anything the conservatives have in mind.

Old 07-05-2015, 09:09 PM

2,238 posts, read 1,444,452 times
I think republicans suck in businesses as we have seen with Bush jr. Also ask Kansas how good Republican fiscal responsibility are.

Old 07-05-2015, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I would take a healthy liberal economy over anything the conservatives have in mind.
Yea I guess your right.

Old 07-05-2015, 09:48 PM

1,078 posts, read 1,076,921 times
No, I'm trying to buy a house. OC is way pass BUBBLE right now. We need a Republican in 2016 to tank the Economy.

I think Donald Trump (D.UMP) is a good candidate for it. You know how many times he filed for bankruptcy? At least 4 times.

Old 07-05-2015, 10:17 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
What are their "personal beliefs" that are problematic for you? Do you know what their "personal beliefs" are?

You're right. Money isn't everything, except to the person who is barely scraping by. Republicans hope to help those people with policies that build a strong economy. You cannot build a strong economy with policies that are unfriendly to business. Republicans get criticized for being pro-business; but it is businesses that hire people. If you advocate for policies that are anti-business, guess who you are hurting? The people that need jobs!

The Democrats claim to be "for the people," but they do all the wrong things, and end up with an economy such as we have today. People have giving up looking for work.

Reagan's policies were an example of Republican policies that work to strengthen the economy, and thereby put people to work. Reagan's legacy was 96 straight months of economic expansion. To be fair, JFK's policies were similar to Reagan's. Today's Democrats are out of a different mold. They don't know how to put people back to work. So, my answer to the question is, Republicans are better for the economy.

Democrats learned from the New Deal`s failure that as more and more otherwise hardworking independent American families are made dependent of government largess, Democrats, the party of handouts, benefit politically from their failing economic policies.

FDR was a failure by every objective measure, yet he had to die in office to lose the presidency.

Since FDR, the mission of the Democrat party has been to destroy worker`s incomes and employment security.

Most recently they have done this with a weak dollar, passive support of free trade and effectively open borders.

Having said that, most Republicans aren`t much better.

Old 07-05-2015, 10:39 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,450,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Democrats learned from the New Deal`s failure that as more and more otherwise hardworking independent American families are made dependent of government largess, Democrats, the party of handouts, benefit politically from their failing economic policies.

FDR was a failure by every objective measure, yet he had to die in office to lose the presidency.

Since FDR, the mission of the Democrat party has been to destroy worker`s incomes and employment security.

Most recently they have done this with a weak dollar, passive support of free trade and effectively open borders.

Having said that, most Republicans aren`t much better.
I would have to tend to agree with you. Except I do believe sincerely the Republicans are a bit better, any thing better is better then what we now have believe me.

One party is so full of themselves and totally full of Ch-t the other has a stick up their rear, and worry about things, of non importance.

Tired of both really, except hate what I see more from one party then the other.

Old 07-05-2015, 10:54 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,237,274 times
FACT:

Study: Economy Better Under Democratic Presidents - Business Insider

Can't argue with data.

Old 07-05-2015, 11:07 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,656,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
What are their "personal beliefs" that are problematic for you? Do you know what their "personal beliefs" are?

You're right. Money isn't everything, except to the person who is barely scraping by. Republicans hope to help those people with policies that build a strong economy. You cannot build a strong economy with policies that are unfriendly to business. Republicans get criticized for being pro-business; but it is businesses that hire people. If you advocate for policies that are anti-business, guess who you are hurting? The people that need jobs!

The Democrats claim to be "for the people," but they do all the wrong things, and end up with an economy such as we have today. People have giving up looking for work.
A strong economy comes from consumer spending and then businesses being stimulated by that spending.

Republicans do the following,

1. oppose high min wages.

2. oppose middle class tax cuts.
GOP Senators Reject Tax Cuts for Middle Class - CBS News

3. oppose small business tax cuts.
Republicans block small-business tax break on procedural vote - latimes

4. give tax cuts to large corporations and the rich (so they can build more factories in China.)
Bush Tax Cuts After 2002: June 2002 CTJ Analysis
Romney's Economic Plan Includes $6.6 Trillion Tax Cut For The Rich And Corporations | ThinkProgress
How Presidential Candidate Ted Cruz Would Radically Increase Taxes on Everyone But the Rich | Tax Justice Blog

How do republican policies improve the economy?

Last edited by chad3; 07-05-2015 at 11:17 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies