Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 02:48 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,071,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Progressiveness spreads like cancer, destroying the host.
A very close friend of mine made a similar observation to me quite a few years ago, and at the time I dismissed it as partisan diatribe. The older I get the more I am beginning to believe it. I've seen it in action personally. There are progressives who don't care who they hurt - whose lives they hurt, whose livelihoods they hurt. They just don't care, because they are right and others are wrong, and in their minds the very power of their RIGHTNESS justifies their actions no matter who gets hurt along the way.

I won't make a sweeping generalization that ALL progressives are like that. But many are. And it is very ugly.

Old 07-06-2015, 02:49 PM

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times
This is not about a child, it's about two dopey parents.

Old 07-06-2015, 03:09 PM

876 posts, read 1,001,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbyman View Post
Its their life why does anyone here care? It's called minding your own business, I really thought Americans treasured that.
You do realize that you are talking about a 4 year old child that probably has exactly zero idea about the massive implications and effects that taking a transgender surgery is going to have on it right? If a 4 year old can have a sex change, why not allow them to get tattoos. Or vote. Or buy guns?

You don't see how your argument doesn't make even the slightest lick of sense?

Old 07-06-2015, 03:14 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,963,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakkarin View Post
You do realize that you are talking about a 4 year old child that probably has exactly zero idea about the massive implications and effects that taking a transgender surgery is going to have on it right? If a 4 year old can have a sex change, why not allow them to get tattoos. Or vote. Or buy guns?

You don't see how your argument doesn't make even the slightest lick of sense?
4 year olds wont have surgery. Please read what this story is about.

Old 07-06-2015, 03:23 PM

876 posts, read 1,001,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
4 year olds wont have surgery. Please read what this story is about.
Even without the surgery they are still setting their child up for lots of future emotional problems. And I don't buy the idea that children this young even fully understand the concept of gender anyway.

If anything this whole thing actually is a pretty example of why transgenderism is bull****. The parents say they want to help him be like a girl by buying him dresses and other girly things, but isn't the idea that "girly=dresses" just a cultural construct? If anything this kind of nonsense just reinforces traditional gender roles.

Old 07-06-2015, 03:29 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,607,811 times
Who cares. At this age, the kid isn't taking hormones or doing anything else that can't be changed with a haircut and clothes if things turn out otherwise, so relax.

Old 07-06-2015, 03:30 PM

10,178 posts, read 11,166,444 times
He's 4 years old - a toddler for goodness sake. If He wants to be a girl - he can make that decision later in life, instead of the dumbo parents making him into a girl - buying him dresses...

Old 07-06-2015, 03:34 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,186,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
If the kid was born with more then one gentiles I could understand. But otherwise the working genitals is going to win. I remember the story about the man raised as an woman. Eventually he had operations to become an man and had an family? Then committed suicide

The bigger problem is that nobody is correcting the parents at all. This is cruelty to the boy. He will have problems and this sorta thinking is not cute at all. Men who are women and women who are men.

I want to cross dress too but i am an dude, an boy, an man. I love women dear to me, but not the point where I think I should become an full time girl.
You sound like you are a drag queen. You can dress in drag for fun and still be a man. It doesn't mean you want to be a woman unless you feel that way. Good luck.

These parents are doing a big favor for this child. Some parents would judge and shame her. That is not good parenting. BTW, she is NOT having any surgery. No legitimate Doctor would do such a thing. One must go through a lot of counseling and other stuff first. If you don't like this then don't seek this stuff out. Pretty simple. Cheers...

Old 07-06-2015, 03:34 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,037,907 times
Four years old?! Poor kid. What if they're wrong? This kid gets older and realizes he's actually the gender it was born as? This is child abuse

Old 07-06-2015, 03:38 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,963,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakkarin View Post
Even without the surgery they are still setting their child up for lots of future emotional problems. And I don't buy the idea that children this young even fully understand the concept of gender anyway.

If anything this whole thing actually is a pretty example of why transgenderism is bull****. The parents say they want to help him be like a girl by buying him dresses and other girly things, but isn't the idea that "girly=dresses" just a cultural construct? If even anything this kind of nonsense just reinforces traditional gender roles.
I was skeptical as well, but changed my mind when I read more about it.

The medical community say that transgenderism is real and can even be detected in brain scans. Girls are different than boys, its not a cultural construct. Transgender children who are forced to remain as boys/girls have tremendous emotional pain and the suicide rate is incredibly high. The earlier these children get the understanding and treatment they need, the better outlook they have. Surgeries are not done until late teenage years if they want. Early intervention means blocking hormones during puberty, but it is reversible. It can be difficult for us to understand but I think we should trust the medical community on this one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies